Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy allows you to book the travel for your children without much fee. You can also book their flights online as you would for yourself. There are certain guidelines and age limits you must adhere to when traveling with Spirit minors.
All the guidelines for unaccompanied minor travel, how to book the flight for them, Spirit’s unaccompanied minor fee, and more will be discussed in this post.
Spirit Airlines offers Unaccompanied Minor Rules For Passengers that Need Special Care.
Unaccompanied Minors must follow these guidelines when flying:
- Bookings for unaccompanied minors should be noted in the reservation form.
- At least 60 minutes before departure, please check in at the ticket counter.
- Our employees will not be able to accept a child for travel until the drop-off parent/guardian has completed the Unaccompanied Minor form at the airport with photo identification. In order to identify Unaccompanied Minors, Spirit Airlines employees will need this form inserted into the lanyard we provide.
- It is important that the person dropping off the child at the airport obtain a gate pass, accompany the child to the gate, and remain with the child until after the flight departs. Gate passes can only be issued to individuals who are not traveling and present a legal -Id photo identification.
- After the flight takes off, the person drops off the child must remain at the gate for 15 minutes.
- Children arriving too late to pre-board will be board last so they are able to meet the Flight Attendant. Unaccompanied minors arriving too late to pre-board may be boarded last.
- On the Unaccompanied Minor Form, the pick-up parent/guardian must arrive at the airport early to pick up the child and be at the gate when the aircraft arrives. Flight Attendants will escort the child off the aircraft and release the child on the Unaccompanied Minor form to the pick-up parent/guardian.
Guide to Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Age Overview
|Children under the age of 4||The child must be accompanied by another guest of at least 15 years of age if he or she is 4 years old or younger.|
|5 To 14 Years||If the child is not traveling with an adult at least 15 years of age, they must travel as an unaccompanied minor. Unaccompanied Minors can only travel on direct flights without changing aircraft.|
|Over 15 years of age||For guests 15 or older, the Unaccompanied Minor service is not required, but an ID proof or birth certificate is required to verify their age. A fee will apply to guests 15 and older.|
Important Note – Travel on international flights is not allowed for unaccompanied minors.
The Complete Guide to Booking a Flight for a Minor on Spirit Airlines
Online booking for unaccompanied minors–
A simple, easy-to-use booking system has been developed by the airline in order to suit the needs of all its passengers. If you would like to complete the booking process, you must also follow certain steps in the proper order. Follow these steps on the airline’s website to finalize your child’s travel:
- Visit Spirit.com, enter the airport, date and time of origin and destination.
- To validate the unaccompanied travel, enter the passenger’s date of birth if he or she is between the ages of 5 and 17.
- Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor charged is 100 USD per passenger each way. The fee will be added to your airfare.
- Enter the passenger’s name and date of birth as they appear on the government-issued photo ID.
- Passports, birth certificates, or photo IDs are required to verify your travel.
- Confirm your Spirit Airlines travel by paying the required amount.
- To complete the paperwork, the parents/guardians must arrive at least 60 minutes prior to departure on the day of travel.
Minor can book flight via phone number-
You can simply book the travel for your children by speaking directly to the airlines. Always specify in your Spirit Airlines booking that the reservation is for an unaccompanied minor. You need to pay the Spirit minor fee on top of the service fee over the phone. Passengers need to book the travel for unaccompanied minors up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Spirit Airlines charge for unaccompanied minors?
The unaccompanied minor service fee on Spirit Airlines is $100 per passenger, each way.
Q. How do I avoid unaccompanied minor fees?
There is no fee for the airline's Young Travelers service for children 12 and over, but gate passes are required for adults escorting and picking up the child.
Q. What age can a child fly alone on Spirit?
A guest who is at least 15 years old must accompany children 4 years old and younger. Children 5-14 years old must travel as an unaccompanied minor when not accompanied by an adult.
Q Does Spirit Airlines Charge For Unaccompanied Minors
If the service is requested, guests 15 and older will be charged an Unaccompanied Minor service charge.
Q. Q. Will Spirit sit my kids with me?
It is possible to purchase a seat assignment and choose the seat you really want at check-in, but Spirit cannot guarantee that you will sit with your friends or family.