Last updated on November 4th, 2023 at 11:57 am
According to Turkish Airlines name correction policy, all flight bookings must include a valid first, middle, or last name, which must match the passenger’s passport.
It is not possible to modify your name on your ticket once it has been confirmed. Passengers should double-check all details before booking a flight. On Turkish Airlines name correction requests may only be entered for the purpose of correcting an incorrectly spelled name. Turkish Airlines allows name correction for the following reasons:
- An incorrectly spelled correction request has been received from Turkish Airlines
- For Chinese guests, adding or removing the English name is possible
- Changes in gender
- Date of birth correction
- Changing the name or surname of the given passenger.
Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy
Turkish Airlines requires that all reservations for correction or modification include an accurate first name, middle name, and last name. These names must match the names on a visitor’s government-issued picture identification or passport. It allows spelling correction, but it may not inspire complete editing. According to this policy’s terms and conditions, you can modify your name on tickets.
Policy on Name Correction at Turkish Airlines
You can use the Turkish Airlines name correction policy in case of a marriage, or divorce, or if you made a booking error that required you to modify your name, and the airline is only going to do a one-time edit. In such a case, you may make use of this policy according to your convenience.
Here are the Steps to Changing the Name on Your Turkish Flight Ticket
In addition to changing or correcting their name online through the airline portal, Turkish Airlines customers can also reach out to the Turkish Airlines name correction customer service number with any changing requests. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your name correction request –
Changing Name Through Online –
- Check out the official Turkish Airlines website.
- Select Plan & Book from the menu.
- You will see a drop-down menu.
- Under the Book & Manage section, select Check-in/Manage Booking.
- Click ‘Proceed’ after entering the reservation number and surname of the passenger.
- You will then see all the information related to your flight booking.
- After that, click on the ‘Edit’ icon and correct the name if necessary.
- Once the update has been completed, do not forget to click ‘Save & Continue’ and call Turkish Airlines’ customer support.
Contact Turkish Airlines customer service to get quick assistance regarding changing Turkish Airlines’ name.
Changing Name Through Customer Service – Call Turkish Airlines customer service to edit your name.
- Be sure to keep your six-digit booking reference or e-ticket number handy while you speak with Turkish executives.
- Name corrections and modifications can be requested over the phone.
- In order to validate the name, correction request, Turkish Airlines’ executive team may ask guests to submit a legal document.
- You will need to pay the changing fee and any fare difference if there is one.
- An email confirmation will be sent to your registered email address once their request is approved.
Changing Your Name Through Travel Agents
- Go to turkishairlines.com and click the Partner Login tab.
- You will need to enter your credentials for your travel agency in order to log in.
- To request Turkish Airlines’ misspelled name, go to My Bookings and enter the Group ID.
- Enter the original PNR by clicking on ‘Edit/View Passenger’s details’.
- Please download the format that contains the passenger’s personal information.
- Before uploading, make sure the details are correct before saving the file. The name must appear exactly as it appears on the official document (passport, photo ID
- To verify that the names are updated correctly, save the details and retrieve the PNR.
Name Correction Or Changing Fee for Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines charges a correction fee of 300 USD, for tickets purchased anytime a 13-digit ticket number is generated.
Passengers will be liable for any applicable fare difference if Turkish Airlines modifies the name of their flight.
Turkish Airlines’ Rules for misspelled names
From the middle name, last name, and first name, only four characters are considered for editing. When you misspell any of these details, you can follow some rules to correct it.
- The airline does not allow ownership transfers on reservations.
- Misspelled name correction requires that the real flight segment be reissued or kept in the same or lower service class.
- Legal documents proving the validity of the request may be requested by the management.
- Traveler’s type codes, date of birth, and adding a child to a ticket are all restricted by Turkish Airlines.
- The travelers may issue a PNR when their old tickets are canceled. Some rare instances may require them to claim a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot change or cancel your reservation online after booking through our website or mobile application. If you cancel or change your reservation through another channel, we will not refund your reservation fee.
Once the flight ticket has been confirmed and issued, Turkish Airlines will charge a name change fee of 300 USD.
Fill out a feedback form and send it to us with your ID or another official document (marriage certificate, divorce decree) showing notification of the change.
Changing your Miles & More account name requires an official document issued by a public authority showing the old and new names.
The Turkish airline charges 30% of the flight change fee if you make the change 12 hours before departure.
A Turkish Airlines booking can be cancelled within 24 hours of making the reservation.