Last updated on October 18th, 2022 at 07:35 am
Have you booked your ticket and realized you misspelled your name? Qatar Airlines allows passenger to amend their name up to a few characters. You can correct the misspelled name in exchange for a small change fee. You can alter it on the official site or download the app. However, read this blog thoroughly and in-depth details on Qatar Airways Name Change Policy.
In this guide, you will learn about:
- Firstly, about Qatar Airways Name Change policy
- Secondly, its terms and conditions.
- Thirdly, different types of the name change.
- Then, the process of Qatar Airways Name Change.
- Afterward, Qatar Airways Name Change Fee.
- Lately, some FAQs to get more insights about it.
Qatar Airways Name Change policy
- Qatar Airways lets passengers do name correction only up to 3 characters in the first or second names.
- According to the name correction policy, the wrong name ticket must be changed.
- According to the TSA rules, you can amend or change your name, but it should match the name on your government-issued ID.
- However, you should amend your name before you board to avoid any inconvenience.
- In short, you cannot change the name on your ticket unless you qualify for a name change. However, if the name on the ticket is incorrect and you want to change it, you can also cancel your reservation within the first 24 hours. And, according to Qatar Airways Name Change policy, you can request a full refund.
- Additionally, passengers need to present these documents to begin the name change procedure as proof:
- Updated Passport
- Marriage Certificates
- Decree of Divorce
- Court Orders
- Any other Legal Document
Terms and Conditions
- First of all, Qatar Airways does not allow its passengers to change their full names once the tickets are confirmed.
- You have to cancel your tickets and rebook them later with the correct name as needed. You can only make corrections in your name for up to three characters. Also, the prefix and space will be considered within the limit of 3 characters.
- Remember that the ticket can only change one of any type. For example, as a passenger, you can only change the spelling mistakes in your booking, not the full name.
- Alternatively, you can simply make the changes 24 hours before your scheduled flight.
- If you are changing your name due to marriage or divorce, request the airline for a name change by providing the supporting documents.
- Legal documents are a must to process the Qatar airways Name Change process for incorrect/old names where you have legally changed your prefix, first name, surname, or any combination.
- If you purchased your ticket through the FFP Privilege Club, you could not request a name change.
- Qatar can ask for a fee for changing the name on PNR/Tickets.
Types of Qatar Airways Name Change
The airline allows the passenger to change or correct their name by following specific rules and regulations of the airline. For instance, if you change the passenger’s official name, you must present legal documentation. Only with prior approval can you change your name. For example, as per the TSA rules, your name on the ticket should be the same as the government-issued ID. Therefore, Qatar Airways provides different types of name changes/corrections so that the passengers can easily change or correct their names.
First name / Middle name / Last name
Passengers can only change three characters last name, middle name, or first name. However, the three-character restriction must not be confused with separately for last, middle, and first names. Airlines may apply a $150 name change fee. No price difference will apply.
Legally Name Change of Nickname
This would be a request for a name change on a Qatar Airlines ticket. According to legal considerations, flyers must submit a government-issued photo identification to support the legal name change. However, it is possible to book tickets in a similar or higher class of service, subject to availability. However, the airline will charge a fee to rename Qatar Airlines and any fare difference.
Full Name Reversed
This counts in name change requests. After presenting the correct photo ID, you can complete the registration process. However, the airline may charge a name change/correction fee.
Adding a Middle Name:
Travelers can only add a middle name to their airline ticket if their government ID card allows it. In these cases, tickets will be rebooked in the same or higher class. However, the airline may charge a name change fee and fare difference.
Add Last Name:
When passengers forget to add the last name on their flight ticket, they can request the last name through Hawaiian Airlines’ name change number (+18003675320). However, a name change fee and fare difference will apply.
Change of legal name
If the ticket requires a name change due to adoption, marriage, divorce, or other legal issues, the airline may authorize the flight with the new PNR to keep the same flight sectors and service class as before.
Process of Qatar Airways Name Change
This can be done once if you’re changing your flight details.
If you want to change the name on your Qatar Airways ticket, follow the given online and offline methods:
Once travelers know Qatar Airways Name Change Policy, they should be mindful of the name change methods. In addition, they should understand the processes in detail to make the renaming procedure as easy as possible. Qatar Airways has also rolled out online and offline renaming options.
Those who wish to use the online option must first visit Qatar Airways’ official website and follow some instructions. Here’s what to do:
- Firstly, open your browser and visit the official Qatar Airways website.
- Once the site’s main page has loaded, select “manage booking” from the drop-down menu.
- Afterward, you will find a link to change your reservation at this point.
- Then, visit this link and enter your booking reference number and last name to use this service.
- Moreover, when passengers enter the correct information, the flight information will be displayed. Now select “edit” from the drop-down menu. When a person chooses this option, they will modify their booking. At this point, make the necessary adjustments.
- Save any changes made in this step after making any adjustments you want to make to the name.
- Finally, new tickets will be mailed to your registered address upon completing the Qatar Airways Name Change process.
After learning about the online way to change the name on your Qatar ticket, we’ll also learn about the offline procedures this airline has set up. However, a significant proportion of people still do not know the method of renaming online. Therefore, these people can use the offline method to change their name to Southwest.
Contacting travel agents by phone is an offline method to change names. One can use the official website phone number to complete the name change process. Passengers will go through this process immediately, thanks to Qatar Airways staff.
Qatar Airways Name Change Fee
Qatar allows its passengers to correct or modify their names on their reservations. However, it imposes a certain service fee to change or correct names on tickets. Therefore, passengers may require to pay the $150 as a name amendment fee if modifying within the first 24 hours of booking the tickets. At the same time, if changing the name beyond 24 hours, customers need to pay the $250 fee. Furthermore, if you need to know more about costs, visit the Qatar official site, or you can talk to the customer representative at its customer assistance phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the name on the Qatar Airways ticket?
Generally, as per the Qatar Airways Name Change, it doesn’t permit a complete name change on an existing ticket or PNR. However, if the name change is necessary, you must cancel the current ticket and book a new one.
Does Qatar Airways need the middle name?
A Qatar Airways reservation needs the flyer’s first and surname, the same as the passport. However, you can write your middle name as it is optional, not mandatory.
Can we change the spelling mistake in the air ticket?
Yes, you can fix the spelling mistake on your air ticket by calling the airline’s phone number and asking the experts to amend the minor error in your name. Moreover, it only allows name corrections up to 3 characters in your name. However, you need to pay the airline some amount to fix spelling mistakes in your name.
Does the name on the ticket have to match the passport?
As per the TSA’s guidelines, the names on tickets should be the same as those on government-issued IDs such as passports. Moreover, it is recommended to get in touch with the airline you have your reservation with and ask them to fix the mismatched name and assist you through the name change procedure.
How do I change the name on my plane ticket after booking?
Once you realize the mistake in your name, the first thing to do is contact a Qatar Airways representative. Qatar airways do not allow any name changes after checking in for your flight.
How much does it cost to change the name on a Qatar Airways ticket?
As per the Qatar Airways Name Change policy, travelers should pay the $150 as a name amendment fee if modifying within the first 24 hours of booking the tickets. At the same time, if changing the name beyond 24 hours, customers need to pay the $250 fee.