Last updated on July 3rd, 2023 at 09:32 am
If you plan to fly with Turkish Airlines anytime, it is good to become familiar with the company’s change flight policy. It may burn a hole in your pocket all the time, but it doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket all the time. The flight can be rescheduled at the snap of your fingers (if anything unexpected occurs) and you’ll also save some money as a result.
Here’s what we’ll discuss in detail about Turkish Airlines’ new flight policy:
A Brief Overview Of Turkish Airlines’ Flight Change Policy
- Turkish Airlines’ change flight policy requires that passengers must pay a change fee and reissue the ticket from the aforementioned centers if they did not buy tickets from the official ticket counter, Turkish website, official mobile app, or any other Turkish channel.
- If passengers change flights within the risk-free duration, Turkish Airlines does not charge a change fee. Those with refundable tickets do not pay a change fee.
- Turkish Airlines allows passengers to make changes to their tickets up to 24 hours before departure The airline will charge the entire amount of the ticket if the changes are made on the day of departure.
What is the procedure for changing a Turkish Airlines Flight ticket?
Below are the two methods for changing Turkish Airlines tickets:
Online flight changes:
Turkish Airlines’ website requires you to use your registered email address and password to complete the account authentication process.
- The “Manage Trip” tab will appear. Fill in the required fields.
- Tap “Find Trip” and choose your trip. Review the input and tap “Find Trip”.
- As per your requirements, make the necessary changes.
- The system will now display the best options for you.
- Once the payment process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email address.
Offline flight Change:
Through Airport Counter –
- Give your confirmation code and passenger name at the airport counter.
- Please provide all the necessary details and ask the available agent to process the change request.
- Depending on availability, the agent will make changes to your ticket.
- After the agent confirms availability, you will get the new ticket instantly after paying the Turkish Airlines change fee.
Through Customer Service
- Call the customer service department or flight department and change the number.
- Select your preferred language
- Connect to the available agent using the command.
- You will need to provide a confirmation code, passenger name, and flight number to the agent.
- If you provide all the details, the agent will review your input and process your flight change request.
- Turkish Airlines’ agent will check availability and ask you to pay the change fee. Once the payment is completed, you will instantly receive the new e-ticket on your registered IDs.
Turkish Airlines Flight Change Fee For Domestic & International Flights Policy
There are three factors that determine Turkish Airlines’ change fee: the fare type, the timing of the change, and the route.
International Flights Routes
- Turkish Airlines charges passengers 200 to 400 dollars for long-haul flight changes.
- Change fees can range from 20 to 30% on total fares in some scenarios.
- An airline change fee of 70% is required for modifications made the same day as departure.
Domestic Flights Route
- Currently, Turkish Airlines charge a $60 to $120 change fee for short-haul flights.
- Therefore, you can make changes to your scheduled journey for free or free of the airline change fee if the journey date falls within the covid period.
- Turkish Airlines charges the entire ticket price as a change fee for changes made the day of departure.
- You can make changes without paying a fee if the airline cancels the flight.
Detailed Information About Date Change Policy of Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines’ change date policy states that a passenger cannot change the date of his or her flight on the same day they depart. You can change your scheduled flight by paying the Turkish Airlines change fee, however, you must do so within the specified time period.
- For international routes, the airline breaks flight change arrangements into smaller segments. For example, a passenger changing the departure date would pay $200 to 350 dollars. The total will vary.
- Turkish Airlines allows passengers to change dates only if their route and cabin are the same as their scheduled flight. To upgrade the cabin, an additional fee may be required in addition to the change fee.
- In accordance with Turkish Airlines’ change date policy, passengers who do not purchase a seat at the time of booking are not able to change seats.