Last updated on October 20th, 2023 at 08:30 am
As part of Allegiant Airlines’ name change policy, minor name corrections are allowed due to misspellings, but not full name changes, unless legal documentation supports the change. If You Are traveling to your next destination with Allegiant Air and made a minor error in your name while booking the ticket? Do not fret! Make your preferred correction or changes on the Allegiant Airlines Name Change official site by paying a minimal amount. Thus, to know more carefully, read the blog given below.
Does Allegiant Airlines Allow Its Passengers to Change Their Name On The Ticket?
Allegiant Airlines does allow its passenger to correct or change their name. However, the changes or corrections should be made before the passenger’s scheduled departure. Additionally, a complete name change is only permitted in legal cases such as marriage or divorce.
Thus, below we will discuss the procedure for name change or correction on Allegiant Airlines.
What Are The Easiest Ways To Change Passenger Name On Allegiant Airline?
Anyone can make an error. Thus, passengers traveling on Allegiant Airlines need not worry about the changes they have to make because the airlines offer their travelers both offline and online methods to edit or change their names. And one can easily make changes in their comfort while sitting at their office or home.
What Is The Online Procedure For Allegiant Airlines Name Change?
- Firstly, go to the airline’s official site.
- Then, click on the ‘Manage Trip’ option.
- Afterward, to retrieve your booking enter your personal details such as first, last name, and ticket confirmation number.
- The flight itinerary will appear on your screen.
- Click on the flight details you want to alter or change your name.
- Make the required changes.
- Lastly, to complete the process, make the required payment.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation mail regarding your change in your registered email address.
How To Change Name On Allegiant Ticket Using Offline Method?
Passengers who cannot make corrections or changes using the online method can go for the offline process provided by the airline. The airline offers two offline ways for passengers to edit or change their names. Thus, to know in detail, read the procedures given below:
- Via Customer Support
- Firstly, visit the airline’s official website.
- Then, click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab.
- Afterward, click on the airline’s toll-free number.
- Carefully listen to the IVR menu to connect with the customer support representative.
- Explain your query to the representative.
- The representative will make the required changes and ask for your confirmation.
- Confirm the changes by making the payment if needed.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation regarding your change in your registered email address.
- At The Ticket Counter
Some passenger finds the process of making a correction or changes to the ticket easier at the airport. As the ticket counter, representatives are available 24*7 to resolve your query.
However, for that, you have to visit the nearest airport ticket counter representative. Then, you can ask the ticket counter representative to make the required changes or alterations to your name on the ticket. After making the changes needed, the representative will ask for your confirmation.
Confirm the changes by making the payment if needed. At last, the agent will provide you with the new ticket, or you will receive a confirmation regarding your change in your registered email address.
What Is The Allegiant Air Name Change Policy?
- Allegiant Air offers name correction or change on all fares booked using the Allegiant official channels.
- You can correct up to 4 letters in your first, middle, or last name.
- Allegiant Air allows legal name changes, such as in cases of marriage or divorce.
- You have to re-select your seats and pay the difference in fare after correcting or changing your name on your ticket.
- The airline allows modification to the passenger one hour before the scheduled departure who has booked the ticket using the Trip Flexi service.
- Allegiant Air allows you to alter or add a middle name to your ticket if your passport or any government ID has a middle name.
- The airline allows you to add titles, prefixes, and suffixes to your ticket by paying the difference in fare or any fee if applied.
- The changes or adding of a name needs a legal document submitted to the airport authority so that the airline doesn’t deny your boarding.
- You can also correct your name within 24 hours of booking at no cost.
- In case a passenger doesn’t want to make modifications to their ticket. Then, you can cancel the ticket using the manage booking feature. But it should be done within 24 hours of booking to avoid the penalty.
What Is The Allegiant Air Name Change Fee?
Allegiant Airlines charges a name change fee depending on the type of modification you are making. However, the airline will not charge you a name correction fee if you make corrections within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, the airline charges a fee depending on the type of name correction or change you make.
- The passenger making the changes 7 days before the scheduled departure will be levied the fee of $75.
- You can make changes to your trip flex ticket 1 hour before the scheduled departure, and the airline will not charge you any fee.
- Allegiant Air charges a fee of $225 and a fare difference on name correction of up to 4 letters.
- The airline charges a fee of $225 and a difference in fare for legal or middle name changes.
- You have to pay a fee of $175 and a difference in fare for adding a title, prefix, or suffix.
More on Allegiant Air: Allegiant Cancellation Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
As noted above, Allegiant Air allows name correction of up to 4 letters and legal name change due to marriage or divorce by paying a minimal fee.
You can correct your name using various ways:
- Allegiant’s official website.
- Customer service support.
- At the ticket counter.
Allegiant Airlines name change fee depends on the type of name change you are making and how many days before the scheduled departure you are making modifications to your name.
Thus, passengers making changes 7 days before the scheduled departure will be charged a fee of $75 per passenger. Meanwhile, the charges for modifications vary on the type of name change.
The passenger traveling with Allegiant Air who doesn’t want to correct or change their name on their ticket can cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking to avoid penalty.