Delta Airlines is one of the most famous and passenger preferred airlines. It is popular for its quick and comfortable flights both domestically and internationally. Also, their onboard and at the airport crew are so supportive. In addition, they also offer a variety of features to ease your booking and travel experience. In this blog, you will be getting detailed information about Delta Airlines Name Change policy.
Several reasons might instigate a change in your name on the ticket.
Delta Airlines Name Change Policy
- Firstly, and obviously, the ticket should be for Delta Airlines.
- Secondly, the name change policies apply to restricted and non-restricted prices.
- Delta’s minor name changes involve modifications of up to 3 characters.
- Middle names can be added or removed. In such cases, the airline issues a new PNR, defragment the respected traveler if the booking involves more than one passenger, and issues a separate ticket number on his name.
- All third-party travel agents must secure the original booking class as ticketed in the Delta name change process. If the existing class isn’t available, then your flights must be rebooked in the lower available class.
- Secure Flight Passenger Details (SFPD) must be added again to the PNR with the newly corrected name and should be identical to the passport or government-issued photo ID.
Types of Delta Airlines Name Change
1. Middle Name Correction
If you need just a minor change in your middle name due to a spelling error, remove it. There are a few things that must be considered.
- The changes are needed to be changed in the PNR.
- Attach the OSI text with the PNR.
- Request for correction in your name.
If you are looking only to make changes in your middle name, there is no need for a Wavier Code.
2. Last Name Correction
- Delta Airlines allows you to make changes to your last name only up to three characters.
- If you require more changes to be done, in that case, you have to contact the Global Sales Support team and seek help.
- After that, you have to make the corrections in your PNR.
- There is no need to use a Waiver code even here.
3. Addition to Last Name
- Moreover, Delta airline allows its customers to make addition in their last names without canceling and rebooking their tickets.
- Just make the required changes to your name in the PNR.
4. First and Last Name Switch
If, by mistake, you have entered your last name in the first’s place and the first name in last’s place, then it is not going to create such issues while you are traveling. But if you still want to make the changes, then you can.
Now the question that may be hitting your mind is below written.
Delta Airlines Name Change Process
There are a few simple steps to follow, and you will get your name changed on your tickets.
- Firstly, you have open Delta Airline’s official website that is www.delta.com.
- Secondly, move to the “manage my booking” tab.
- Then, enter your name, booking reference code, and PNR number.
- Select the ticket in which you need to make the changes.
- Click on the edit option, and you will be then provided with a few guidelines and make the changes.
- Finally, confirm the changes, and you will receive a new ticket with all the changes done.
The ticket will be issued on your e-mail id within a few minutes of the change fee payment.
Related: How to Change Name on Delta Ticket?
Delta Airlines Name Change Charges
- Delta Airlines doesn’t charge much for making changes to your ticket.
- However, it may charge from $75 to a maximum of $275 for domestic tickets.
- And $125 to a maximum of $500 for a name change on international tickets.
- The difference in the charges depends on:
- Type of changes you are making to your name on the ticket.
- Time of change done.
- The kind of ticket the passenger is holding, and
- Reason for the change.
Transferring Tickets to Others
Delta Airlines does not allow you to change your full name after booking a ticket. Therefore, the transfer of tickets to someone else is not possible with Delta airlines. Instead, you have to cancel your ticket and book a fresh one for another person. This may ask for some cancelation free if not eligible for a total return.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Delta Airlines gives you some slight changes to be made. For detailed information, kindly go through the heading as mentioned earlier.
There won’t be such issues if you forget to mention your middle name while booking your tickets as long as you have government-issued identity proof and other details matching it. Also, middle names are optional.
Yes, each airline, including the security team at the airport checks a passenger’s DOB for verification with the government-issued identity. In case they do not match, your travel may cancel or delay.
Name change for Delta Skymiles takes around 2days to two weeks.
Roughly, it charges around $75 to $500 for making changes to your name on a Delta Airlines ticket. For details, kindly refer to the information given earlier in this blog.