Last updated on October 10th, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Are you searching about the Air Canada Baggage Policy because you are traveling with extra luggage? And now you are looking for information about the Air Canada Baggage Policy. It that’s the case then you are at the right place. Here you will find all the necessary information about the Air Canada Baggage Policy. Read further for all the details.
What Is Air Canada’s Baggage Policy?
Every airline offers different baggage allowances. So you are looking for Air Canada Baggage Policy. The airline has numerous policies for both carry-on and checked-in baggage. The baggage allowance also depends on the fare or class you have purchased .
Carry-On Baggage Policy
- Are you not sure about what you can bring on board with you? The Carry-on baggage allowance purely depends on the fare class you have chosen and traveling under.
- The airlines allows you to carry carry-on luggage on the aircraft, but some given dimensions should not get exceeded.
- You can bring 1 Standard article + 1 Personal Article on carry-on baggage.
- The Maximum dimensions include the size of handles and wheels.
- No weight limit applies to carry-on baggage.
- Your bag must be lightweight so you can store it in the upper overhead bin unassisted.
- Kindly place the personal items we have identified with a white tag under the seat in front of you.
- If you are travelling with an infant on your lap, you can also bring 1 additional standard article for your child’s belongings.
Important: All the bags that are not following the respected size and weight guidelines will need to be checked.
- Examples of standard or personal articles (as their determined size)
- Airport shopping and duty-free purchases.
- Camera bag diplomatic or consular bag.
- Garment Bag (size and weight restrictions will apply)
- Carry-on bag roller bag, backpack, briefcase, and laptop.
Checked Baggage Policy
- Air Canada has revised their checked baggage policy in various markets effective for tickets issued on or after August 23, 2022.
- Baggage fees for the passenger traveling from Canada/U.S. and Caribbean/Mexico/Central America.
|Traveling||Fees||Number of Baggage|
- 2nd Baggage fee will now be effective on all markets, $100 for each direction no matter whether purchasing Basic, Standard, or Flex Fare
- For passengers traveling between Canada/U.S. and South America
- For passengers traveling between Canada/U.S. and Europe/Middle East and Africa.
- For passengers traveling between Canada/U.S. and Asia/South Pacific.
Restricted Items Policy On Air Canada Airlines
When travelling with Air Canada, specific restrictions will definitely apply to the transport of some items. In addition, remember that other items cannot be brought into the plane at all.
- Common Items
- Batteries and Personal Electronics Devices
- Battery-powered vehicles and devices
- Camping Equipment
- Curling Irons and Lighters
- Other Restricted or Prohibited Items
- Fuel-powered Equipment
- Defense / Incapacitating Sprays
- Compressed Gas / Cylinder
- Explosives / Flammable Liquids and Solids.
Special Items Policy
- List of items that are not accepted as checked baggage
These are some items that are not accepted as checked baggage because of their overall dimensions issues:
- Hang gliders
- Windsurfing equipment
We’re very happy to accommodate a wide range of sports equipment on our airline or flight, but there are some restrictions that apply to these items.
There are some rules that you need know
Registering sports equipment in advance of travel:
- You need to register your sports equipment at least 24 hours before your flight by contacting Air Canada Reservations, Air Canada Vacations.
- Or from your travel agents and remember registering your sports equipment in advance doesn’t confirm that we’ll be able to accommodate each item on your flight(s).
- Please reconfirm with an airport agent at the time of check-in about your sport equipment
Packing instructions, waivers, and charges
- Please note that Sports equipment bags and cases can’t contain any type of clothing or other types of personal items.
- They are strictly used to carry sports equipment.
Guidelines For Delayed / Damaged Baggage Policy
- It is our responsibility and we try our best to make sure that your baggage arrives or reaches with you at your destination, but unfortunately sometimes things don’t go as planned.
- The information in this particular section elaborates what you need to know, and what are the next steps are when dealing with delayed baggage.
- If you can’t locate your checked baggage upon arrival, then firstly you need to notify a baggage service agent of the airline with which your flight terminates.
- The baggage service agent will ask you to provide.
- Your contact information.
- Your boarding passes.
- Your baggage claim stubs.
- A complete information about your baggage and contents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many bags are you allowed on Air Canada?
On Air Canada, you can bring one standard article and one personal article.
Q. How many bags are free on Air Canada?
There is no fee for one carry-on bag and one personal item (purse, suitcase, tablet bag) per passenger on Air Canada.
How much does it cost to check a bag on Air Canada 2022?
For Economy (Basic) or Economy (Standard) fares to Sun destinations, the first checked bag will cost $30 as of August 23, 2022.