Last updated on October 20th, 2023 at 07:11 am
Changing plans after booking can be a tough and complex process, as travelers have to cancel the booking and bear all the losses. Yet, not anymore! The Air France flight change policy is there for all travelers who wish to change their flight, for any reason. However, a certain change in flight fee will be applied.
- Travelers can change their flight tickets which are booked through Air France.
- One can change their flight booking through the official platforms of Air France.
- Air France permits you to change the flight date, time, and departure city.
- Moreover, passengers can make changes to their flight within 24 hours of booking for free.
- There is a certain fee for making changes to the flight that depends on the class type, distance, and time of changes.
- Moreover, passengers have to pay the fare difference if the new flight has a higher value than the original ticket.
- When travelers have a round-trip booking and wish to change their flight for one-way, Air France will charge a flight change fee for one-way only.
- In case Air France changes the flight, travelers will get compensation or an alternative flight option.
- Air France has a flexible voucher that allows you to change the flight for free and passengers will earn reward vouchers in return.
- To make changes to a flight, travelers must inform the airline 24 hours before departure.
- Travelers cannot make changes to their group bookings online. They have to contact the airlines directly.
Air France 24 Hour Flight Change Policy
- Air France allows travelers to change their flight within 24 hours of booking for free.
- To make use of the Air France 24-hour flight change policy, travelers must change their flight seven days before departure in the initial 24-hour booking period.
- However, travelers will have to pay the difference amount.
- After 24 hours of booking, the airline will charge a flight change fee for making any changes.
- The grace period flight change rule applies to all fares.
- Passengers can take the benefit of the 24-hour change flight policy only if they have purchased tickets directly from Air France.
- The policy does not apply to award tickets, group bookings, promotional tickets, and third-party tickets.
Same-day Flight Change Policy on Air France
- Air France permits travelers to change their flight on the same day of travel.
- Travelers can either change their Air France flight time to an earlier one or to a later one on the same day of travel.
- The Air France same-day flight change policy is available for flex fares and upper fares. Therefore, passengers should check their ticket eligibility before making any requests.
- Passengers can make same-day flight change requests up to 3 hours before departure.
- An additional service fee will apply for making changes, irrespective of any fare type.
- While making same-day flight changes, travelers cannot alter their destination and departure airport.
- Air France’s same-day flight change fee is non-refundable.
- Same-day flight changes are subject to availability. Therefore, if the seat is not available on the requested flight, Air France will put the passenger on a standby list.
Flight Change Policy for Award Tickets on Air France
- Ticket purchased through Flying Blue points is eligible for flight change.
- Passengers can make changes to their flight until the last minute before departure. Thus, one cannot make changes to their flight once it departs.
- However, according to their fare type, the flight change fee will be applicable.
- Passengers can pay the fare difference through cash or points.
Air France Flight Change Policy for Group Bookings
Passengers can easily make a group booking on Air France. However, the Air France Flight Change Policy states that travelers should get in touch with the Air France executive to change their flight. They cannot change their group booking through online platforms. Otherwise, passengers have to cancel their flight and rebook it again by requesting a non-refundable travel voucher which will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
When the passenger from the group booking wants to make changes to the flight for just one passenger, Air France will charge a change fee only for one ticket.
How to Change Flight on Air France?
Passengers can make changes to their flight booking through various methods, including the official website, by phone, or at the airport. If the booking is through a third party, then passengers have to contact them for any modifications.
Make Flight Changes Via Manage My Booking Feature
- Travelers must visit the official website of Air France.
- From the booking option, select Manage Bookings from the section.
- The passenger has to enter the booking number along with their last name.
- Herein, choose the “Change Flight” option. If the fare is eligible for change, then only the process continues.
- Passengers might change the flight time, date, or departure, according to their fare type.
Air France Flight Date Change
- From the available option click on the “Date Change” option.
- Now choose the alternate travel date.
- Pick the available flight on the new date.
- Pay any fare differences.
Air France Destination Change
According to the Air France flight change policy, it does not permit the change of destination on the flight booking. However, travelers can change the departure airport/country.
- After accessing the “Flight Change” option choose the “Change departure city” option.
- Now select the flight originating from the new departure point and traveling to the same destination.
- Pay any fare difference.
- The traveler will receive the updated itinerary in their e-mail.
Change the Flight Through Phone Call on Air France
- Flyers must call the Air France helpline number.
- Now, follow the IVR instructions and press the preferred key.
- After connecting with an agent, request them to change the flight booking.
- The executive will ask about the passenger’s details and booking number.
- After fetching the flight details, request the agent to change the flight.
- Passengers must provide the executive with a new date or time.
- The agent will check the available flights at the mentioned time and date.
- Passengers can select the flight according to their requirements.
- Now, the agent will make changes to the booking, which the passenger has requested.
- The passenger has to pay the change fee if liable.
- In the end, passengers will receive an email confirming their changes.
Visit the Airport Counter for Changes
Passengers might change their plans at the last moment after arriving at the airport. However, travelers can go to the airline counter to raise a request for changes to the booking. The executive will guide passengers through the process and if they are eligible to make changes at the last minute. If yes, then passengers can choose a new date or time at their convenience. And pay the change in flight fee and fare difference if any.
Air France Flight Change Fee
The flight change fee depends upon the fare type, class of service, and the type of changes. Moreover, travelers can change their flight date or time on the same day of departure by paying an additional service fee.
- When the flyer changes their flight within 24 hours of booking, no fee is charged.
- If passengers have a flexible voucher for Air France, then they can make changes to flight timings for free.
- According to the Air France Flight Change policy, the change fee also depends on the mode of changing the booking.
|Mode||On the Official Website or Kiosk Service||Over a Phone Call||At the Airport Counter|
|Purchased by Air France||USD 30|
|Purchased by Travel Agency||USD 50||USD 45|
Make Changes to Your Flight and Get a Voucher on Air France
Air France is running a temporary offer. Under this scheme, passengers can earn vouchers in euros for making changes in their flight. Travelers can change their Air France flight for free under this offer if they adhere to the following conditions.
- When the traveler books a similar flight.
- The voucher can be used for various things, like seat selection, baggage, meals, and lounges, or one can ask for a refund against that voucher.
- This offer is valid for all passengers in the same booking and thus all passengers will receive the voucher.
- The voucher is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- For voucher refunds, flyers can visit the Air France ticket counter or fill out the online refund form.
- Travelers can utilize up to two vouchers in a single booking
What if Air France Changed Your Flight?
In case of any unavoidable situation, Air France can reschedule your flight. However, Air France ensures to provide compensation or the next alternative flight. Moreover, if the traveler is not comfortable for the next flight, they can ask for travel vouchers to travel in the future with the airline.
- Air France will offer compensation according to the length of the delay and distance.
- Passengers must have a confirmed ticket whose flight got delayed by at least 2 hours to get compensation.
- For a delay of 2 hours, passengers would also get compensation, including complimentary meals, and accommodation if the delay causes an overnight stay.
- To request compensation passengers have to contact the airline ground team and provide them with the flight details.
- If travelers do not want to wait more and cancel their booking after a delay of at least 5 hours they can ask for a refund.
- After the delay of 3 hours at the arrival destination, passengers would get compensation either in the form of vouchers or cash.
Check More: Air France Cancellation Policy
Compensation in Voucher
|Under 1500 km||EUR 350|
|Between 1500-3500 km||EUR 500|
|Above 4 hours of delay||EUR 800|
Compensation in Cash
|Under 1500 km||EUR 250|
|Between 1500-3500 km||EUR 400|
|Above 4 hours of delay||EUR 600|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Air France flight?
Yes, you can change your flight on Air France according to your ticket type. You can change the flight date, time, or destination. However, a certain fee will be applied if you change the flight after 24 hours of booking.
What to do if Air France reschedule my flight?
Air France will provide an alternative flight if the flight gets rescheduled. When the flight gets delayed for 2 hours the airline will provide complimentary refreshments and drinks. But if the delay gets longer, a passenger will get compensation according to their distance or even refunds.
What is the 24-hour flight change policy on Air France?
Air France allows travelers to change their flight within 24 hours of booking for free, including all types of fares. After 24 hours of booking, the airline will charge a flight change fee for making any changes.
Can I change my award flight tickets on Air France?
Yes, you can change your award flight up to the last minute before the flight departs. The award flight tickets will be charged according to their fare type. The charges can also be paid in the form of miles.
How much does Air France charge for flight change?
When a traveler wants to make changes to their booking, a certain fee is charged. However, the fee depends on the class type and route of the flight. The airline charges a fee between $30 to $50, per passenger.
Can I change my destination on Air France?
Air France allows flyers to change their departure airport/country and not the destination. The changes can be made through the official website or by calling the airline at least 24 hours before departure.
Can I change my flight online on Air France?
You can change your flight booking by logging into the Manage My Booking feature on the official website. If you are a Flying Blue member, then you can chat online with the airline and make a flight change request.
How can I change my Air France flight for free?
If you change your flight within 24 hours of booking, then Air France will not charge any extra fee. Moreover, if you own a flex fare, then you can make changes for free.