Last updated on September 21st, 2023 at 06:39 am
If you need to alter your flight, be assured that Alaska’s flight change policy is generous, and the process is quite simple and generally takes only a few minutes to complete. Most flight changes are free, except for those that are lower cost or want to change on the same day. Alaska Airlines change flight policy is very customer-friendly, but making adjustments online is often more convenient.
Alaska Airlines has three types of fare- saver, main, and first-class. Each Alaska Airlines fare type has a different flight change policy. Alaska Airlines award flights do not have a change fee, but they do have a few restrictions on changes.
Please read the following flight change rules before making a change to your Alaska flight:
- If you are changing your flight, no change fee is charged by Alaska Airlines, but if the fare changes, the difference is charged.
- Alaska does not charge change fees for flight changes on the same day with confirmation at the check-in window, online, by calling airport customer service, or at the airport kiosk.
- No Alaska change fees if you select a flight on Alaska Airlines with a departure on the same day.
- Changing flights with Alaska Airlines requires you to keep the same departure, destination, and connection cities.
- The same-day change policy does not apply to vacation package travelers.
- As per Alaska Airlines’ change policy, passengers traveling through group reservations can only make same-day flight changes at the group reservation desks.
- The Alaska Airlines change policy states that you can reschedule your flight if you cannot make it to the departure time of your flight. You must do so before the departure time of your flight. If you do not meet the requirements, you will not be eligible for future travel credits.
Alaska Airlines: How do I Change a Flight Online?
With Alaska Airlines, you can change your flight with different fares – Saver fares, main cabin fares, first class fares, and companion fares. The Saver fare is the most restricted type of fare on Alaska Airlines. As a result, changing a flight schedule is not possible for saver fare bookings. However, it is possible to cancel a flight and receive a refund for the ticket.
Compared to lower fares, Alaska Airlines’ main cabin offers more options with more options. On the other hand, Alaska Airlines’ first-class offers the most comfort and amenities.
Changing your Alaska Airlines reservation online is not possible, but you can contact Alaska Airlines Customer Care for hassle-free service.
Flight Change in Main Cabin & First Class
- For more information about Alaska Airlines, please visit their website.
- You will need to fill out the passenger’s last name, as well as the confirmation number (the number you received when making a reservation
- Choose the flight you wish to change.
- If there are any differences in in-flight charges, they will appear on the right side of the screen
- Click on continue when you have completed the changes. You will receive a confirmation email.
What is the process for changing an Alaska Airlines award ticket?
- Visit Alaska Air’s official website and log in to your Mileage Plan account.
- Click “My Trips” and select the trip you wish to modify.
- Click on the “Free Flight Change” button to change the process.
- You will need to choose the new flight and pay the Alaska Airlines change fee if you need to change your flight.
Alaska Airlines 24-hour flights change policy
When you purchase a flight ticket before 24 hours and decide you want to change it, you can make the changes without paying anything extra.
If you wish to make changes to your flight ticket prior to departure, you should refer to Alaska Airlines’ cancellation policy after 24 hours or flight change policy.
You can also book a new trip with the same amount as this trip as per Alaska change flight guidelines, and select any flight or seat of your choice without a change fee.
How Much Does Alaska Airlines Charge for Same-Day Flight Changes?
If a passenger is traveling in First Class or Main Cabin, they are able to change their tickets without paying a change fee. The ticket change policy on Alaska Airlines states that you cannot upgrade your ticket from the saver to the first class or main cabin based on your ticket type.
You can change your Alaska Airlines flight up to 24 hours before it departs for $25 for flights traveling 500 miles or less, and $50 for flights traveling 501 miles or more.
|Type of ticket||Fees for changes|
|Class First (Refundable)||$0|
|Changes on the same day||$50 for all other flights|
And $25 for flights traveling in California
|Saver||No changes allowed|
|(Non-Refundable) First Class||$0|
Alaska Airlines’ no-show policy: what is it?
As per Alaska Airlines’s Official website, the term “no-show” refers to an insufficient number of passengers checking in for a flight. For example, if a passenger fails to check in for his or her flight and the plane departs, it will be considered a no-show.
If a customer does not cancel their flight tickets by the scheduled departure time, Alaska Airlines will apply its no-show policy to their reservation.
On a non-refundable ticket, the airline will not provide a refund, which means all other flights of the passenger will be automatically canceled. However, if the passenger has a refundable ticket, he/she will get a refund even if a no-show is applied to the said passenger’s reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alaska Airlines does not allow you to change a Saver ticket at any time, not even within the 24-hour window. You can only cancel the ticket and rebook. This still falls within the 24-hour window, so you won't be charged a retraction fee and will get a full refund.
It is possible to reschedule or cancel a flight. However, you may have to pay a change or cancellation fee depending on the airline and the fare class.
You can change your ticket at no cost as long as it falls within the same-day confirmation policy and departs within 24 hours of your original departure date.