Last updated on November 7th, 2023 at 06:52 am
In accordance with Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy a beneficial feature because they allow passengers to change their names on their airline tickets. A name change is only permitted under certain circumstances, according to Southwest Airlines. When a name is changed, either the whole name or a portion of it must be legally changed in order for it to be used. It could be the result of a divorce or marriage, for example.
It is usual for a passenger to make mistakes in a hurry, thus correcting or changing a name. In that situation, one can change their name by going to the Southwest Flight Name Change Policy. So, the passenger must ensure that the detail matches his identity. Hence, the airline has made it easy for its passengers to do so. Therefore, read the blog further to learn more about Southwest Airlines Name Change.
A Guide on Southwest Name Change Policy
Name Change or correction is no more difficult nowadays. The airline has made it feasible for its passengers to change or correct their names. Every airline has its own guidelines for its passengers when personal information has to be changed.
Therefore, Southwest Airlines allows its passengers to correct or change their names. It only can be done to limited characters under the given policies.
Southwest Name Change on Ticket
When flying with any airline, booking a ticket under the correct name is very important. Sometimes, passengers tend to mistype details, which leads to minor corrections, and are allowed the airlines to correct them in the Name Correction Policy.
The misspelled name modifications are also part of these changes. Thus, one can change the characters under the given guidelines.
However, before discussing how to change your name on Southwest flights, let’s look into some more name-change policies.
Here are more Policies to Correct or Change the Name on Southwest Airlines
- A passenger cannot transfer their tickets under the name change policy. He can only rectify his name or either can cancel the tokens and can reebok again.
- A passenger can only correct a few characters of his first, middle, and last name.
- The name of the passenger must match the original documents.
- According to the Southwest name change policy, correction in the name doesn’t require any charges or fees.
- The airline only allows one time to alter the name.
- If there is a legal name change, airlines need documents to be submitted.
- The order of the alphabet in a flyer’s name should be accurate to that of the boarding documents.
How to Change Name on Southwest Flight?
Change Name Online Using the Website
The airline allows changing names on flight tickets online. Thus, as soon as the passengers log in to their account there, they will find a space to enter the ticket confirmation number.
Hence, it is continued by entering the last name, and afterward, the passenger will find the option of managing booking where he can use the name change feature.
Therefore, read the following procedure mentioned below:
- Firstly, the passenger has to visit the official site of Southwest.
- Secondly, one has to click on the ‘login’ button.
- Thirdly, the passenger has to mention his last name and reference number.
- Then, click on the flight button.
- Afterward, a drop-down venue will appear on the screen. From where the passenger has to opt for the ‘Manage reservations.’
- Further, a page will open with a table of reservations, providing a flyer with options to opt for, such as edit date and name.
- Then, the passenger can edit their name and further all the information required for changing the name.
- Now the passenger has to pay the amount if required.
- Lastly, the passenger can save the information and wait for confirmation on the given mail ID.
Related: Southwest Airlines Flight Change
Change Name Via Customer Care
The airline provides its passengers with the Contact Us option to make general modifications, including any query related to flight change, name change, and many more. So, the airlines have provided this to do alterations easily. Hence, one can find the contact information of the customer executive and can share their query of name correction or change.
Therefore, read the following procedure mentioned below.
- Firstly, the passenger has to visit the official site of Southwest Airlines.
- Secondly, they must go to the ‘Homepage’ and search for the option ‘contact us.’
- Then, from the contact information, a passenger can get the contact details on which he can call 24*7.
- Once the executive gets connected on the call, the passenger can share their query about changing or correcting the name on the ticket. Thus, it can also tell the reason for the name change.
- Further, the executive will ask for the documents submitted during the name change procedure.
- Then, the passenger has to pay the fees if required.
- Lastly, the passenger will receive a code via mail to confirm the change.
Legal Name Change on Southwest Flight
Southwest doesn’t allow its passenger to change their full name and cannot get transferred to the other person’s name. According to the policy, the airline only allows changing the legal standing because of a divorce or marriage. At the same time, the legal name change is permitted after the submission of the legal documents verified by the court.
Thus, in such situations, Southwest Airlines only allows its passenger to change or alter their last name. Whereas in the case of divorce, the passenger must officially change the information, and court orders are mandatory. At last, passengers can change their name by using the above methods via customer care or the website.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Fee
Ever thought about how much a name change or correction will cost you? For example, Southwest doesn’t cost a single penny if a passenger corrects within 24 hours of booking. Thus, the airlines allow their passenger’s one-time alteration or correction of their name without charging a single penny.
Further, the cost depends on the type of change. For example, if a passenger changes their name after completing his one-time correction or after 24 hours of booking, they must pay around 50 USD to 150 USD.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are two ways to change your name on Southwest flights which are:
• Change name using the website(online)
• Change name via call
In order to know more about how to change name on Southwest flight, read the blog above.
The passenger can change their name by contacting the airlines via the website or call and can change it by submitting the legal documents authorized by the court.
The Southwest allows its passenger’s one-time free-of-cost change. After that, modification or correction in name will cost around 50 USD to 150 USD.
Yes, Southwest provides its customers 24*7 customer care to solve all their queries, whether it’s the name change, correction, flight change, and date.
No, Southwest doesn’t allow its passengers to transfer their tickets. It only allows them to make corrections or changes to their name.
Read More on Southwest at Mytrippolicy:
Southwest Missed Flight Policy