Last updated on July 3rd, 2023 at 05:32 am
There might appear a situation that demands cancellation or change of flight reservations due to some unavoidable circumstances. Situations like these can be resolved by Lufthansa Airlines. The airline is ready to help and assist you with it. You can undoubtedly go for Lufthansa Airlines. To your benefit, the airline offers a Lufthansa Flight Change policy that will facilitate the procedure for changing flights. The policy describes all the important points you must remember before going for a flight change.
You can even modify your travel plans to please your comfort. Under this policy, passengers can change their flight date, time, name, etc. Here you will learn about the fees and various methods to change flights on Lufthansa Airlines.
What Are The Key Points Of The Lufthansa Flight Change Policy?
Before hopping directly on the flight change procedure, it will be good to go through the policy offered by Lufthansa for the flight change. Refer to the Lufthansa flight change policy key points to understand the standards of changing the flight.
- There will be no charges applicable to the passengers if the flight change is done within 24 hours of booking.
- You will have to pay the fare difference after making the desired changes to your flight ticket.
- For additional changes to your ticket, like name or date of birth change, you have to provide the airlines with valid documentation proof.
- If you cross the risk-free time to change the flight, i.e., 24 hours after booking, you will have to pay specific change charges depending on your ticket type.
- Lufthansa flight change fee totally depends on the type of ticket fare you have the booking with. You will be charged accordingly.
- The airlines allow you to rebook the flight for free on Lufthansa Airlines. If you only change seats within the flight and the same destination.
Same-Day Flight Change Guidelines For Each Fare Type
With Lufthansa Airlines, you can make a few changes to your flight ticket with flexible options. The changes can be made on same-day before the take-off timings of the previous ticket. It is important to ensure that you make the changes or request for the changes one hour before the scheduled departure. Go through the following key points for betterment.
- While rebooking a new flight, make sure it is for the same route and destination to get Lufthansa Airlines’ cheap ticket fare offers.
- If the passenger has check-in online or offline mode, they will be ineligible to go for a flight change process. It is better to do it beforehand to avoid such issues.
- There would be charges applicable to the passengers if they made the request for Lufthansa same day flight change before departure time.
- The passengers have to pay the fare difference charges if there is a difference in fare between the previous flight ticket and the new flight reservation.
What Is The Lufthansa Flight Change Policy For Date, Destination?
You can make the following changes to your flight ticket date, destination, seat, and name on Lufthansa Airlines. Let’s discuss various steps that you can use to make the following changes to Lufthansa Flight tickets.
Lufthansa Flight Change Policy For Date Change
If the passengers need clarification about the travel date, they can go for the date change process offered by Lufthansa Airlines. You need to go through the steps to understand the following process.
- Visit the official website or refer to the mobile application of the airline.
- Login to your Lufthansa account.
- Click on ‘my bookings.’
- Now enter your booking ID number and the travel date.
- Select the ticket you want to make changes.
- Search your eligibility for the date change process.
- Now select the date of your choice
- Choose the new flight and proceed with the payment.
- Confirm the modifications, and you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered ID.
Lufthansa Flight Change Policy For Destination Change
If there is a change in your travel plans, you can go for the destination change process on Lufthansa Airlines. You can do it in either online mode or offline mode. The steps are:
- Download or install the Lufthansa Airlines application.
- Login to your account on Lufthansa.
- Go to the ‘my booking’ tab.
- Now enter your booking reference number and travel date.
- Select the ticket you want to modify.
- Search whether you are eligible to make a destination change.
- Enter your desired destination and search for the flight going towards it.
- Confirm the available flight for the required destination, make the fare difference payment, and fix the travel.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee For Various Ticket Types
The flight change fee on Lufthansa Airlines depends on the travel class and on the route you are traveling towards. Lufthansa Flight Change Fee ranges from $300 to $750 per head. The change charge is the difference between the old and new ticket fares. Passengers who have reservations with Lufthansa Airlines can avoid paying a change fee by simply canceling the ticket within 24 hours of departure.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee For Economy Class
The passengers flying in Economy class with Lufthansa Airlines are applicable to pay a change fee of $300. The fee is for both Economy Basic class and Economy Basic Plus. On the other hand, Economy Flex II doesn’t ask for any change fee. The saver fares on Economy class are not changeable. Therefore, it is important to note that Economy Light Fare is available for passengers traveling from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark to the United States.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee For Premium Economy Class
Passengers traveling with Premium Economy Class tickets are applicable to pay a flight change fee of $300. The fee is for both Premium Economy Basic and Premium Economy Basic Plus I. But passengers traveling with Premium Economy Flex Fares charge no fee for changing flights.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee For Business Class
The flight change fee for Business class passengers must pay $450. The fare of flight change on Lufthansa Airlines for Business class is applied to Business Basic and Business Basic Plus II. In contrast, passengers traveling with Business Flex Fares don’t charge any flight change fee.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee For First Class
First Class travelers have to pay a flight change fee of $450 on Lufthansa Airlines. Similar charges are applicable on First Basic and First Basic Plus. The flight change charges for First Basic Plus II increase to $750 from $450. There are no charges for First Flex ticket holders.
How to Change Flight On Lufthansa Airlines?
There are a few options from which you can choose the best suitable. You can go for any option as per your comfort. The options through which you can proceed towards Lufthansa Flight Change Policy. There are two main methods online and offline. Let’s discuss each method:
There are two ways that cover the online means of changing the flight on Lufthansa Airlines. The first one is through a website, and the other one is via a mobile application.
- Visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Now click on the ‘My booking’ tab available on the homepage.
- After clicking on the respective tab, fill in the details like ‘Booking Code’ and ‘Last Name.’
- Once done filling in the details, submit it by clicking on ‘Find Bookings.’
- With this search for the flight, you need to make changes.
- Follow the instructions and make the necessary changes.
- At last, finalize all the details by paying the necessary change flight fee and confirm the booking.
Via Mobile Application
- First, download and install Lufthansa Airlines mobile application.
- Then login to the current account you possess or find your booking with flight details.
- Now select the flight you want to do the modifications.
- Make the necessary changes to your booking.
- Pay the change flight fee and fare difference asked by the airline.
You can proceed to make Lufthansa Flight Change Policy by visiting the airport. It is an offline method that will be helpful to carry forward.
- To proceed through offline mode, you need to visit the airport kiosk.
- Contact the customer service provider at the airline’s help desk.
- For things to move ahead in the respective process, you need to provide the necessary ticket details to the customer service agent.
- You can go for the name change process by providing all the necessary documents.
- Make the required payment for the procedure to carry forward.
- Once done with all the above steps, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered mail ID.
Via Customer Service Phone Call
- Contact the service provider on the official toll-free helpline number provided at the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Follow all the instructions step by step given on the IVR.
- Choose the appropriate option for requesting to change the flight.
- You will get in touch with the live agent at the Lufthansa Airlines.
- Provide the necessary details related to your flight ticket and share your issue with the representative.
- After this, the service provider will let you know whether you are eligible to go for the flight change process.
- If you fall under the eligible category, make all the modifications and provide the documentation to the customer service provider.
- The agent will assist you in making the Lufthansa Flight Change process succeed.
- Proofread all your modification details and cross-check them.
- Go for submission of the changes you made after making the change fee payment.
How Much Does Lufthansa Cost To Reschedule Flight?
Lufthansa Airlines is one of those Airlines that understands the situations faced by the passengers and resolves them at the earliest. It provides online facilities to the passengers to grab all the opportunities. There are some situations that demand to reschedule your flight dates. To make the changes to the booking schedule, you need to pay the changing charges that vary between $75 to $150. The authentic charges depend on the policy’s offered norms.
- You can reschedule your flight within 24 hours of purchasing it for free. According to the policy, you must reschedule the ticket 7 days before the day of departure.
- If you are unable to reschedule the flight within 24 hours from departure, then you have to pay the cost, which will vary as per the ticket type.
- For some emergencies like sudden deaths, etc., the airline offers a complete refund for rescheduling the fight with no extra charge.
- Once the rescheduling is made of the same Lufthansa flight for another day, you get to know the higher charges you have to pay.
- But sometimes you will observe the flight charges are low.
Frequently Asked Questions
For rebooking or canceling a flight on Lufthansa Airlines, the payable charges are 50 EUR or $60. The amount may vary for some flights. Only the date and time of the booking can be changed. You cannot change the route.
Lufthansa allows its passengers to change their flight on the same day of departure. However, the flight change should be completed 1 hour before departure.
Yes, you can rebook a different flight on the same class without paying any amount to the same destination. You can even change your travel destination and class. The ticket will be valid and can be used in the future.
Yes, you can request for rescheduling and changing a flight. But you have to pay the cancellation fee depending on the booking and the type of class you will be traveling with.
There are various means through which you can contact Lufthansa to change a flight. You can go for online and offline means, which include contacting the agents via a toll-free customer helpline number, visiting the official website, visiting the help desk at the airport, etc.
Lufthansa flight change fee vary according to fare class. For Premium and Premium Economy tickets it will cost $300. On the other hand, Business and First-Class tickets holders have to pay $450.
The airlines have the right to change your flight and provide you with a refund depending on the type of case. According to the transportation department, the norms for airlines state the airline will pay a refund to the customers if they change, reschedule, or delay the flight.
Travelers can change the flight date and time by visiting the Manage Booking option on the official website or the app. The flight change fee will depend on the route and cabin class.
Travelers can change their flight for free if they process their request within 24 hours of booking period. Under the Lufthansa risk-free period, travelers can make modifications for free irrespective of fare class.
Passengers can call at +1 (516) 738-4422 to process their request for flight change. The number is a toll-free number and connects you with the live agent. Keep all your flight information handy for quick change.