Last updated on July 1st, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Some inevitable situations eventually lead to a change in plans. Etihad is an airline that understands the situation of the passengers and tries to find a solution to it. The airline allows flight change options for passengers. Through Etihad Change Flight policy, the flight changing procedure is convenient and hassle-free. The passengers will get complete airline assistance for proceeding with the flight change. So before heading directly for the procedure to change flight booking on Etihad Airways, it is important to go through the change flight policy and the norms.
It is important to consider a few points before proceeding with a flight change. You can follow up with the Etihad Flight Change Policy after reviewing the points below.
- First of all, you need to make sure that the ticket is not a used one and that it should be a refundable ticket.
- You could go for the flight change process only if the ticket was bought with a single credit card and issued in more than five days.
- Etihad cancellations and return on tickets are irreversible.
- The original ticket fare terms and conditions apply to all refunds.
- Also, your bank might impose further processing fares on you.
- The airline will refund you on the same card with which you made the booking. If you don’t possess the card, then contact the airlines.
- The refunds take 14 to 30 business days to credit to your account.
- For auxiliaries and international service, the ticket fare is non-refundable.
You need to follow up on the Etihad Change Flight procedure points. The points below will give you a clear picture of the flight change process. It will be great for you to go through the following terms and conditions to conduct the Same-Day flight change procedure smoothly.
- International flight ticket passengers are eligible for the Etihad Change booking procedure.
- Passengers are only eligible to get a seat on the new flight if an extra seat is available on it.
- You can go for same-day flight procedures through online and offline modes.
- An extra charge of $200 will be applied to passengers holding an international flight ticket.
- The economy freedom fare is the most expensive ticket type but doesn’t require a change fee.
How to Change Flight On Etihad Airways?
If the passengers make the booking through the official website of Etihad Airways, they can change flights via online mode. There is yet another method to follow up with the procedure, i.e., offline mode. You can make the changes as per your desire.
- Visit the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Log in to the website with your email ID and password.
- Once the home page opens, search for the ‘manage my booking’ option.
- Now select the flight of your choice from the dropdown list of flights.
- Click on the change flight button to proceed with the Etihad Change Flight process.
- You will receive a confirmation mail on the mail ID with which you made your booking.
Passengers who are uncomfortable with using online mode to make flight changes can simply go for offline mode. The offline mode includes changes made by visiting the airport and via the helpline number.
At The Airport,
You need to carry all booking-related documents with you for the flight change process. There will be a helpline desk of the airways with agents at your assistance. Share your requirements with the agents, and they will help you advance in the procedure. Follow the instructions as directed by the agents.
Via Phone Call
A helpline number is available on the official website of Etihad Airways. You can connect with the service providers over the toll-free helpline number. Share your details related to the booking and ask them to help you in changing the flight. You need to follow the instructions delivered by the service providers. Make the necessary changes as per the directions.
Related: Etihad Airways Baggage Policy
If you are willing to undergo the Etihad change flight, there will be an Etihad change fee depending on the fare type. So Etihad change fees depend on various factors.
- The change flight fee on Etihad depends on the routes and fare type.
- If the changes are made after 24 hours of booking it, i.e., within 96 hours, the new flight ticket will attract a 10% extra charge.
- The airways won’t charge you any extra penny for any unfortunate situation. All you need to do is provide the airlines with proper documentation for proof.
- You will have to pay Etihad change fee for paying after 24 hours of booking time.
- Some charges will be applied to the passengers depending on the restrictive rules if you have bookings for multiple fares.
If you possess a non-refundable ticket and want to go for the Etihad Change Flight process, you need to pay $30 as a service fee. This fee is also applicable to children and infants. Let’s discuss the fee for the date change process on Etihad Airways.
- If you change your flight date on Etihad, you will have to pay $20.
- Passengers have to pay 10% of the total charge for changing the flight date 4 days before the departure date.
- The fare difference passengers have to pay for one-way is $35 to $60 for value-to-choice fares and $85 for choice-to-choice plus fares.
- For round trips, the value-to-choice fare will be $70 to $120, and the choice-to-choice plus fare will be $170.
Compensations or Refund For Flight Changes Made By Etihad Airways
For some unpredictable and unavoidable circumstances, Etihad Change Flight policy benefits the passengers. The policy favors the passengers and offers them compensation or refunds if the airline makes changes to their bookings. As a passenger, you can request to pay a refund or transfer to another flight on the same day. For this, you need to wait at the airport as a stand-by passenger. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the amenities offered by the airline at the airport.
Let’s discuss the compensation offered by the airline to the passengers with the help of the table below.
|Distance Of Travel Routes||Compensation Offered|
|Flight with more than 932 miles||$274|
|EU Flights domestic of 932 miles||$438|
|Non-internal EU flight||$438|
|Non-internal EU flights with more than 2174||$658|
Here are a few genuine reasons that lead Etihad Airways to change the flight are:
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Volcanic eruptions
- Political strikes and unwanted discrepancies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Etihad flight change fees depends on the destination and fare purchased. If the flight change is done within 96 hours of departure, there will be additional 10% charge.
For domestic tickets, passengers can make changes or cancellations within 24 hours of booking for free if the changes are made 7 days before the departure date.
All the refunds are transferred to the card with which the booking was made. The refund takes 14 to 30 working days to credit to the account. Ensure that the refunds are made under the fare rules of the airways.
You can make the changes to your flight ticket up to 10 minutes before the departure time, even if you have checked in already. If you are changing your flight, make sure you book yourself for the new flight.
The best ways to avoid paying Etihad change flight fees are:
- Search for a travel waiver.
- Keep a quick check on the flight schedule.
- Make sure you go as per the 24-hour rule.
- Have a good reason to make changes.
- Consider credit card coverage.
- Try to earn elite status.
If the Airways changes the flight schedule and the commuter chooses not to travel, the passengers will get a refund. The airline will pay you a refund. It is defined as a ‘significant delay.
Yes, according to the Etihad Change Flight Policy, the passenger can change the date of travel with Etihad. The passengers can go for the date change process online or offline as per their choice.
You can change the date, time, name, origin, destination, and special services, and there are a lot more aspects that you can find on the official website of Etihad Airways.
You can make online request for Etihad flight change by selecting the Manage Booking section on the official website. After entering the flight details, you can make the necessary modifications.
Travelers can call the airlines at 1800 123 3901 and request for flight change. The executive will explain the process and ask for necessary details to make the changes.