Last updated on October 10th, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Are you travelling with Allegiant Airlines? You must be worried about the baggage allowance. Do not worry! According to Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, each passenger must bring one personal item and a carry-on. However, there is a baggage cost when you carry excess or oversized baggage with you.
Therefore, every traveler must examine the baggage policy on Allegiant Airlines’ official website. In addition, customers can reserve their luggage before takeoff by going to the “manage travel” option.
What is the Carry-on Allowance on Allegiant Air?
For standard/normal tickets, Allegiant enables each passenger to bring 1 free personal item, such as a small backpack, briefcase, or pouch bag. The object must fit underneath the passenger’s front seat.
Travelers can bring single carry-on bag in addition to the personal item for a price that they can pay ahead of time or during check-in. Passengers can use the garment bag, tote bag or roll-aboard,that fits in the overhead compartment as the carry-on.
All travelers are permitted to carry one free personal item on board, thanks to Allegiant’s baggage policy. However, you are responsible for the cost of any excess carry-on or checked baggage that you bring.
What is Allegiant Air Carry-on Baggage Policy?
- You are entitled to one free small personal item for carry-on with Allegiant Airlines. For example, a purse, briefcase, backpack, or laptop bag might be a personal object.
- A backpack’s or other personal item’s maximum dimension shouldn’t exceed 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 cm or 7 x 15 x 16 inches.
- The personal item must fit underneath the seat right before you and not weigh more than 25 pounds (11.34 kg).
- Passengers on Allegiant Airlines may bring one carry-on bag, such as a roll-along bag, a garment bag, or a tote bag, for a small cost.
- The carry-on baggage should not exceed 9 x 14 x 22 inches, including the handles and wheels.
- Ideally, the carry-on bag will fit in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat directly in front of you.
How Much is Carry-on Baggage Fee on Allegiant Airlines?
The airline will charge a carry-on baggage cost per segment for your carry-on bag as per Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy. The carry-on baggage cost is not refundable if your flight qualifies for a free cancelation or your luggage is lost by Allegiant.
If you haven’t checked in & printed your boarding pass, you can pay your carry-on luggage cost online before traveling or in person there. Allegiant’s carry-on bag fees are considerably less expensive if you reserve in advance & make your payment online (via the site or the MyAllegiant account).
Allegiant Airlines will not count an umbrella, jacket, duty-free items, diaper bag, & assistive devices (such as walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, child restraint seats, strollers, etc.) in the carry-on allowance.
What is the Checked Baggage Policy on Allegiant Airlines?
There is no free checked baggage allowance with Allegiant Air; all checked baggage must be paid for. Depending on where you are flying from and to, your first two bags will cost you around $35 each. When paying online, extra luggage will cost up to $50 each, and if you pay at the airport without making a reservation, they can cost considerably more.
Remember that Allegiant has a lower baggage weight restriction than other airlines, only allowing 40lbs (18kg) per bag as opposed to the typical 23kg/50lbs for most aircraft. So if you are traveling with Allegiant Air, pack carefully!
- Customers of Allegiant Airlines are eligible to carry up to 4 baggage.
- Each bag shall not exceed 80 inches (203 centimeters) in length, breadth, and height, including the wheels and handles.
- The carry-on bag shouldn’t weigh more than 40 pounds (18 kg).
How Much is the Checked Baggage Fee?
The following are Allegiant’s checked luggage fee (per trip, per traveler) per the Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy:
- At the time of reservation (based on route): $18 to $41 per bag
- Pre-departure: $45 per luggage
- At the airport, each suitcase costs: $50.
- Up to five bags per person may be checked in, with a maximum weight per bag of 40 lbs (18 kg) and total dimensions of 80 inches (203 cm) (L + W + H).
What is the Oversize and Overweight Baggage Policy on Allegiant?
- All luggage weighing more than 40 pounds or 18 kg is subject to an additional charge by Allegiant Airlines.
- The price for each additional bag is $50 if it weighs between 40 and 70 pounds (18 to 32 kg).
- The price for luggage weighing between 71 and 100 pounds (33 and 46 kilograms) is $75 per bag.
- Allegiant Airlines does not allow over 100 pounds (46 kg) of checked or carry-on baggage per bag.
- Any bags that are longer than 80 linear inches, or 203.2 centimeters, will be subject to an additional surcharge of $75 from Allegiant Airlines.
What is Allegiant Airlines Sports Baggage Policy?
If passengers carry any sports equipment with them, they should know what they carry or not. Ensure that all the sports equipment is held correctly in a container or a bag that you can easily store under your seat/in the overhead bin. In addition, the airline may charge an additional fee for carrying sports equipment that exceeds the checked or carry-on baggage.
Below is the different fee for different sports equipment that you are carrying with you on your Allegiant flight:
- Skies/Snowboards: $30/per article
- Bicycles: $30/item
- Surfboards:$100/per item
- Gulf Clubs: $35/per bag
What are the Allegiant Air Restricted and Banned Items?
The list of restricted and hazardous items that passengers can not carry in their carry-on or checked baggage lists is below:
- Batteries (lithium) only in a carry-on
- Compressed gasses
- Infectious and Biohazards Substances
- Camping & outdoor equipment
- Flammable liquids, solids, and aerosols
- Households Articles (drain, bleach, paint, thinner, etc.)
- Magnetic radioactive
How to Make a Claim for Lost Luggage with Allegiant?
On Allegiant Airlines, you must: submit a luggage claim for a delayed, missing, or damaged baggage:
Within four hours after your arrival, go to the Allegiant Baggage Support Office at the airport, fill out the Baggage Lost Report, and clearly state what you need.
If you cannot report the problem at the gate, you must immediately email Allegiant and explain your request, including your confirmation code, contact information, etc.
You should record and report your claim (with your signature):
- Then, within 45 days of receiving the baggage claim, Allegiant’s baggage staff will make every effort to locate your bag, address your issue, and email you the results.
- You will get compensation under the applicable rules if the luggage department determines that Allegiant was at fault for the loss or damage.
Related – Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
A personal item includes a purse, a small backpack, or a briefcase that passengers can store under the seat before them.
The personal item that is eligible for your ticket should not exceed the size of 40.6 x 38.1 x 17.8 cm or 15 x 16 x 7 inches per the Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy.
Allegiant is strict with carry-ons and only allows one complimentary personal item. As per the carry-on baggage policy, it should not exceed the size limit of 16 x 15 x 7 inches and can easily fit below the seat before you.
Allegiant Air charges the passengers an excess baggage fee for overweight bags. The extra baggage fee will vary according to the size of the bags.