Every airline offers different baggage allowances. The American airline also allows different baggage allowances according to the passenger’s cabin classes. The airline provides a different allowance for checked baggage, excess baggage, exceptional baggage as well as for carry-on baggage. To know about the policies, go through the blog below:
Know About American Airlines checked Baggage Policy & Fees -: Saving Money with These Tips
- Economy class cabin baggage dimension allowance is 158 cm, and the weight allowance according to the American airline baggage policy is 23 kg. Business class and first-class cabin passengers can carry 32 kg of baggage with them. Baggage dimensions cannot exceed 158cm for any of the cabin classes.
- A passenger traveling in economy class on a domestic flight can take one baggage after paying $30. For carrying other baggage, the passenger has to pay $40, whereas for another baggage the charge is $150. After the three baggage, the charge is $200 per baggage
- If the passenger chooses to travel on the transatlantic flight are allowed to carry baggage for no cost. For carrying extra baggage, the passenger has to pay $100, as well as $200 for the second baggage.
Guidelines for American Airlines carry-on Baggage
- The dimensions of the carry-on baggage may not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm. Only one hand baggage is allowed according to the American airline baggage policy. The carry-on baggage the passenger can carry may fit in the front seat of the passenger.
- For example, the passenger can carry a purse that fits in the seat in front of the passenger.
- For more queries, the passenger can visit the official website of the American airline.
What is the Excess Baggage Policy of American Airlines?
According to the excess baggage policy of American Airlines, the extra baggage cost will depend on the cabin class the passenger chooses as well as the distance the passenger is traveling. The allowance for weight will be 23 kg, and also the allowance for size will be 158 cm if the passenger should keep in mind that the fees for excess baggage are non-refundable. For business class and also for first-class passengers, the bags may not exceed 45 kgs of weight, and the regulation for dimension is 320cm.
What is the Exceptional Baggage Policy of American airlines?
There are some specific restrictions on exceptional baggage the passenger carries while traveling. According to the American airline baggage policy, there are some extra charges for exceptional baggage if the baggage is more than the allowed baggage according to the passenger’s cabin class.
For example, if the passenger is traveling in an economy class and the checked baggage is of 23 kg, and the exceptional baggage is more than 23 kg. The passenger has to pay extra fees for that. The extra costs are according to the destination, and also the cabin class passenger is traveling in.
If the exceptional baggage of the passenger has sports equipment, there are some rules that the passenger has to follow.
For example: if an economy class cabin passenger is carrying a golf kit as exceptional baggage and the baggage weight is between 23kg to 32 kg, the fees can be $150. Fees can vary according to the cabin class and also the distance of the destination
In a golf kit, the passenger can carry only the kit containing single items. The item should not repeat. The passenger cannot carry two golf sticks at a time.
Rules for musical small musical instruments. The small musical instrument can be a carry-on item. These instruments are allowed on the flight by the process of first come, first serve. If the instrument the passenger carries is larger than 381cm and the instrument’s weight is more than 75kg. The instrument will be sent to hold luggage. Basically, the music item the passenger is carrying should fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
How to Buy Additional Baggage?
For adding additional baggage to your travel, the passenger has to pay extra. The passenger can pay for only 3 checked additional baggage before reaching the airport.
Whereas the passenger can add additional baggage a maximum of 4 hours before take-off. It can be done on the official site of the airline as well as on the official mobile app of the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions
As per the American airline baggage policy, the airline allows three baggage for free in some cases. If the customer is carrying more baggage has to pay extra fees. The fees for the baggage depend on the cabin class as well as the distance the passenger is traveling.
A passenger travelling in economy class on a domestic flight can take one baggage after paying $30. For carrying other baggage, the passenger has to pay $40, whereas for another baggage the charge is $150. After the three baggage, the charge is $200 per baggage. The charge can be different according to the distance.
If the passenger chooses to travel on the transatlantic flight are allowed to carry baggage for no cost. For carrying extra baggage, the passenger has to pay $100, as well as $200 for the second baggage.