Last updated on December 6th, 2023 at 05:00 am
The Lufthansa Cancellation Policy states that you cannot cancel your flight if your travel intentions change unexpectedly up to 24 hours before departure. If you have a fully refundable ticket, there is no cancellation charge. However, if your ticket is not refundable, you cannot cancel it.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy
The Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy allows you to cancel a flight ticket and give compensation to the flyer efficiently.
- In accordance with Lufthansa’s no-show policy, if you fail to board the plane for any reason, your ticket will be automatically canceled.
- On both international and domestic flights, you can cancel restricted and non-restricted fares.
- You can cancel your flight ticket on the same day if it is scheduled to depart at least a week from the date of request.
- You can cancel your flight if your ticket is bought from a travel agent.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy: 24 hours
There is total flexibility that Lufthansa Airlines provides to its passengers when the right time comes for the Lufthansa cancellation policy. You can always cancel your ticket according to the major guidelines the airline has for passengers. Learn more at Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation.
When a situation arises, like having to cancel the tickets you have purchased from Lufthansa Airlines, and you want to cancel them for some unavoidable reasons, you can do it with the help of a reliable procedure that you have to follow. This procedure is long, but don’t worry; you just have to be in touch with the team of travel agents at Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation, who will provide you with the necessary information on the whole procedure of canceling the tickets instantly.
Procedure: How to Cancel Tickets and Also Get Refunds
A refund can be made in accordance with the fare conditions Restrictions apply regarding the refundability of the fare purchased. A refund value of the fare, taxes, and fees will be calculated based on the fare conditions and the segment used for the ticket. If you want to make the process of canceling the flight start, then you need to follow some of the important steps, which are:
Under the item “Fare conditions” in your booking confirmation email, you can find out if your ticket is refundable.
A refund can be requested under My Bookings up to 24 hours before departure.
- Head towards the official site of Lufthansa Airlines
- You need to find the option “My Bookings” and then click on it. You need to log in to your account by providing the booking number and surname. Once you realize that you are on the login page, you can click again on the cancellation button to finally cancel your flights or reservations.
- After clicking the button, you will head towards the page where you will see the confirmation mail from the airlines only.
- After this step, your flight will be finally canceled The next thing you can do is look for the refund, which will be transferred to your credit card.
Lufthansa Refund Policy
Now If you cancel your flights, you are eligible for a refund if you fall under the category of some guidelines. If you have canceled 24 hours prior to your flights, then you are eligible for the full amount; if you have not, then you may not get a refund. You need to connect with the experts at Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation for the same information you are looking for.
How Do You Get Refunds for Your Canceled Flight?
- Head towards “My Bookings.”Here you will see the booking summary.
- After you click the button for cancellation, the refund process will automatically start.
- Also, you need to know that refund cases are always dealt with within 2–3 business days, and sometimes online calculations never happen.
- Sometimes the calculation for your refund never gets calculated automatically, so if your refund amount gets delayed, then you don’t need to worry. You can trust the timings, and if there is too much delay in the payment, you can connect with the experts at Lufthansa Airlines and ask them for your queries.
- Once a flier applies for the cancellation amount, and again after applying for cancellation, you need to stop expecting from the airlines a refund.
- If you are not able to see the cancellation button, it means you have already been paid for the refunded amount online. Also, the airlines will directly contact you for the same information if you booked the tickets directly and canceled them directly with the airlines. Also, you can cancel your flights on the official Lufthansa site.
Tickets booked through a travel agency should be contacted directly. Should you need a faster response or have any other reason, please contact us again.
There are only a few circumstances in which a full refund is possible:
- The flight you were scheduled to take was canceled without a replacement.
- There was a delay of at least two hours or more in the departure time at your departure airport.
- It will take at least two hours longer than scheduled to arrive at your destination.
- Due to short-term flight disruptions, the actual departure time was changed by more than five hours.
Check More: Lufthansa Baggage Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Within 24 hours of departure, you can cancel your trip and request a refund under My bookings:
Within 24 hours of purchase, passengers can request a 100% refund of the ticket value, but the departure date must be at least 7 days away.
The names of passengers can be changed easily and free of charge before the tickets are issued, but after the tickets have been issued, it is only possible to change them for a fee of 100 euros per passenger name.
Under My bookings, you can cancel your trip up to 24 hours before departure and request a refund