Last updated on October 16th, 2023 at 04:24 am
It is our goal to make sure you feel prepared when you travel with Delta and ensure that you know all the important things about your baggage before, during, and after your trip. As Delta Airlines offers passengers different cabin classes, and passengers can also carry extra baggage with them, the passengers are also carrying excess baggage. According to Delta Airlines Baggage Policy, The airline’s official website and its app, the Fly Delta app, can be used by passengers to let the airline know how many bags they take.
Delta Carry-On Baggage Fees: Everything You Need to Know!
Delta passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge (such as a purse, laptop bag, or similar item that fits underneath the seat in front of them). You can find size information below if you plan to bring roll-aboard luggage or a large bag to store in the overhead bin.
Note: carry-on bag exceptions apply for passengers traveling with infants-in-arms and pets in the cabin.
If you pack your carry-on bag, please note that flight attendants cannot proactively assist you in placing it in the overhead bin, with some exceptions. Additionally, this change protects flight attendants by reducing the possibility of repetitive lifting injuries, which in turn ensures the safety and health of passengers and crew members.
Carry-On Size Restrictions
You can check the size of your bag at the ticket counter and at the gate or refer to the displays at ticket counters and gates for reference.
- It is not allowed for baggage to exceed 45 linear inches (114 cm) in length, width, and height combined.
- No individual measurement may exceed 22″ x 14″ x 9″ (56 cm x 35 cm x 23 cm)
- Handles and wheels are included in these measurements, but not small musical instruments that fit overhead or under the seat
Carry-On Weight Restrictions
There is no maximum weight limit on carry-on luggage, except in the following locations.
- Singapore – Changi International Airport (SIN) carry-on luggage should not exceed 15 pounds.
- Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) rules specify that domestic hand-carry bags should not exceed 10 kg. Individual carrier rules apply to international flights at Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- Shanghai, China – Pudong International Airport (PVG) carry-on luggage should not exceed 22 pounds.
Carry-On Baggage: What You Can Bring With You On Your Next Flight
When traveling, many things can be carried in your carry-on and personal items, but be aware of things that are restricted for your safety. During security checks, most countries limit the size of liquids, gels, aerosols, and pastes, even partially empty containers. Keep larger liquid items in checked luggage by packing ahead of time.
- You may only bring 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters of liquids, gels, aerosols, and pastes with you
- All items should be placed in a zip-top bag of clear plastic that is quart-size
- Make sure you place your quart-sized bag in the bin at security
Different Cabin Classes Baggage Allowance?
Delta Airlines offer different baggage weight for all the various cabin classes. Delta Airlines offers three cabin classes.
- Economy class
- First class
- Business class
Baggage Allowance for Economy Class Passengers
A passenger in the economy cabin can carry up to 50 pounds of luggage and can take one checked bag for free. However, if the passenger wants to take more than one bag, they must pay extra (50 pounds is 23 kilograms).
For first-class passengers and business-class passengers, luggage allowances range from 70 pounds to 32 kg. First-class passengers may also check in two bags for free. However, if they wish to take more than two bags, they will need to pay extra (70 pounds is 32 kg).
Sports Equipment Baggage Policy
Sports equipment is allowed on the plane. The baggage fees are according to the weight and size of the equipment. The weight allowance varies according to the cabin class the passenger chooses to travel. The baggage allowed for the economy class is 50 pounds if the passenger can carry the sports equipment for 50 pounds, there are no extra fees.
Whereas for the first call and business class cabins, the baggage allowance is 70 pounds. If the passenger can carry the sports equipment for 70 pounds, there are no extra fees.
Note that the extra fees are according to the baggage’s distance, weight, and dimension.
What are the Extra Baggage Fees?
Extra baggage fees vary according to the baggage weight. If the baggage is less than 50 pounds (23 kg), there are no additional fees. However, if the baggage weight is more than 50 pounds in an economy cabin, the passenger has to pay extra. Whereas for the first and business-class cabins, if the weight is less than 70 pounds (32 kg), there are no extra fees. If the weight exceeds, then the passenger has to pay additional fees.
The extra fees for more than 50 pounds (23 kg) are $100, and for more than 70 pounds (32 kilograms) are $200
Whereas the baggage dimensions should not exceed 62 inches in all cabin classes. The baggage will not be able to be accessed on the flight if the dimensions exceed 62 inches.
Some Rules for Carry-on Baggage and checked bags are below-:
- Maximum dimensions should not exceed 62 inches or 157 cm. These dimensions include length, width, and height
- Delta airline allows two standard bags and a maximum number of 10 bags
- Weight should not exceed more than 50 pounds (23 kgs) for economy cabin passengers
- Weight should not exceed more than 70 pounds (32 kgs) for the first-class cabin as well as business-class cabin
- The price for the extra baggage varies as the weight increases
Delta Airlines Damage Baggage Policy
According to Delta Airlines baggage policy, if any baggage of any passenger is damaged the customer claims that the baggage was damaged on the flight. The representative will give a form, and this process will start within the first 24 hours of arrival as per the Delta airline baggage policy.
If the passenger’s baggage is damaged while traveling on Delta Airlines, the passenger will get compensation for the total damaged baggage. Whereas if the damage is possibly repairable, the airline will make sure that the baggage of the passenger is repaired
Delta Airlines Delayed Baggage Policy
As per the Delta airline baggage policy, the passenger is eligible for 2500 bonus miles if the baggage is late by 20 minutes late on a domestic flight. At the same time, the airline’s maximum liability for domestic flights is $3800 and $1800 for international flights.
Items That Are Prohibited Or Restricted
Some items aren’t allowed on board Delta flights due to federal law and safety regulations. Discover what items are restricted or completely prohibited.
Items such as these are not allowed at any time
- The use of aerosol products (such as cooking spray or anti-static spray)
- Cleaners, bleaches, or pesticides
- The use of fireworks or explosives
- Including torch lighters and blue flame lighter refills
- Stains, paints, or lubricants
- Items containing refrigerants, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, or dehumidifiers
Related: Rebook Cancelled Flight
Frequently Asked Questions
According to the delta airline baggage policy, the airline allows one carry-on baggage and also one hand baggage for no cost.
Hand luggage includes (a purse, laptop, and bags that can easily fit in underneath of the seat in front of the passenger)
The extra baggage fees of delta airlines, according to the delta airlines baggage policy. For more than 50 pounds (23 kg), it is $100, and for more than 70 pounds (32 kg), it is $200.
The baggage weight is allowed on delta airlines as per the delta airlines baggage policy. The baggage weight varies according to the cabin class. For the economy cabin, it is 50 pounds which is 23 kg, and for the first class and business class cabin, it is 70 pounds which is 32 kg.
According to the delta airlines baggage policy, delta airline allows passengers to carry sports equipment on the flight. However, the charges vary according to the extra weight.