Last updated on October 10th, 2022 at 06:10 am
Air Canada is known for its quality service and has been carrying Canadian travelers for many years. As such it is not surprising that Air Canada wants its passengers to have a comfortable and satisfying experience. To accomplish this Air Canada has developed Manage Booking features to make it easier to plan trips. Air Canada Cancellation Policy and compensation information can be found here.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation Rules-What You Need to Know Now
The cancellation policies of Air Canada apply equally to refundable and non-refundable tickets regardless of whether they are refundable or non-refundable. Before you book an airline ticket, there are other important things to keep in mind.
- You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours of purchase without incurring a cancellation fee. However, Air Canada requires that you cancel your flight at least 7 days prior to your scheduled departure date to qualify for a full refund.
- Any unforeseen weather or other disruptive conditions may result in the airline restricting passengers from travelling. This is governed by government regulations.
- To ensure you don’t miss a deadline buy your tickets in advance. The travel agency might be unable to process the transaction by the due date, and even if they do, the ticket number might not be generated.
- The airline may forfeit your travel funds if you fail to board a flight. Passengers are not entitled to a refund unless otherwise specified on their itinerary.
- You will not be allowed to get on a flight if you missed check-in 45 minutes before departure time for flights within the USA and Canada.
- In order to check in for your flight, you need to be there 90 minutes before takeoff. Not following this guideline may result in losing your reservation and any funds paid for the flight.
- It is possible for you to request a refund if you were affected by Air Canada’s flight cancellations.
How to Cancel an Air Canada Booking? A Guide to Cancelling a Booking and Getting a Refund
Easily cancel your Air Canada flight online by going to the Manage Bookings section of their website. You will need to retrieve your booking and pay a cancellation fee. Follow these steps.
Cancelling a Flight Online
- Visit aircanada.com and go to the ‘Manage Booking’ section to change a reservation.
- To access your flight reservation, enter your booking credentials.
- Please select the segment you wish to cancel.
- You will see the refund amount and Air Canada’s cancellation fee on the next page.
- At the checkout page, confirm your selection.
- You will receive an email confirmation at the email address you registered. Refunds will be credited back within 20 business working days.
Cancel a Flight Via Phone Number & What are the Requirements?
It is important to note that you may be charged a cancellation fee when canceling a booking when there are more than one passenger. Please call the cancellation phone number on Air Canada if you are holding a restricted fare or want to cancel a booking when there are more than one passenger.
Flight Cancellation at the Airport
You can also cancel your flight at the last minute at the airline’s booking counter at the airport. Please note that for international flights, cancellations must be requested at least 3 hours before departure and for domestic flights, two hours before departure. Additional surcharges may be imposed at the airport for cancellations.
Air Canada Ticket Cancellation Fee and Charges – Pros and Cons, How to Avoid Them
|Type Of Fare||Cancellation Amount Charged|
|Basic Economy||Not permitted|
Non-Refundable Ticket & Fees
|Standard Economy||25$ For 61 Days|
|Premium Economy Flexible||Free|
|Premium Economy Non-Flexible||200$|
Refundable Ticket & Fees
|Business Class Flexible||Free|
|Premium Economy Flexible||Free|
Travelers Can Now Enjoy the Freedom & Convenience of Free Cancellations for Air Canada Flight Bookings within 24 Hours
After you buy a ticket you always want to know exactly what the cancellation policy is. Is it fully refundable within 24 hours or is it not? Does Air Canada offer refunds within a 24-hour window? Is there no extra charge for cancelling an Air Canada booking?
Usually, you will be allowed a 24-hour cancellation period for free during the festive season or during the weekend. For example if you booked a reservation on Friday you might have until Monday to decide on the cancellation part. In such cases it is always best to book the reservation with Air Canada directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
Within 24 hours of booking, consumers can cancel their reservations and receive a full refund without a penalty.
Q. What is cancellation compensation by Air Canada?
Airlines are only responsible for compensating passengers up to $1,000 under Canada's Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR).
Q. Does Air Canada have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
Air Canada will provide you with a full refund if you cancel your purchase of tickets within 24 hours of purchase.