As far as carry-on items are concerned, Emirates baggage policy is a bit confusing because it refers to them as “handbags” instead of “standard carry-on bags” and “overhead bags”. Although these “handbags” are smaller than the standard carry-on bag, they follow the same size restrictions.
You can learn how much baggage you can bring on the board or as checked baggage with Emirates baggage policy.
With Emirates luggage allowance services, you can travel with sports equipment or mobility iteam. We’ve covered the baggage, along with the additional baggage allowance.
Emirates Airlines carry-on Baggage Allowance
You may bring a certain amount of carry-on baggage depending on the service class you are flying in. You can find out weight & size requirements for both checked luggage and carry-on luggage below.
|Class||Baggage Weight||Baggage Size||Carry-On Baggage Allowance|
|First & Business Class||7 Kilogram||A handbag may not exceed 55 x 38 x 20 cm; not over 45 x 35 x 20 cm||First Class -2 Business- 2|
|Premium Economy||10 Kilogram (up to 22 pounds||22 x 15 x 8 inches||1|
|Economy Class||7 kg /up to 15 pound||55cm x 38cm x 20 cm||1|
Folded, briefcases, handbags, and garment bags cannot exceed 18 x 14 x 8, 22 x 15 x 8, and 8 inches, respectively.
Board from India:
- India allows passengers to board with one carry-on bag
- The length, width, and height of carry-on baggage cannot exceed 45.3 inche or 115 cm.
Travel From Brazil:
- Carry-on baggage is allowed on all flights from Brazil up to 22 pounds (10 kilograms)
Carry-on policy for lap infants
- If there is space in the cabin, customers traveling with infants can bring a carrycot or fully collapsible stroller.
- In the event that these items cannot fit in the cabin, they will be checked; if checked, they will not count against your baggage allowance.
Additionally, infants are permitted a carry-on bag for food and necessities during flights
- 55 x 38 x 20 centimeters (22 x 15 x 8 inches)
- Maximum weight is 11 pounds (5 kilograms)
Emirates Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
The maximum baggage allowance for your class is 70 pounds/32 kilograms per piece, so you may check as many pieces as you need (not exceeding 70 pounds/32 kg per piece
An individual bag’s total dimensions (length, width, and height) should not exceed 300 cm (118 inches). For travel from Dammam International Airport, an individual bag should not exceed 215 cm (84.64 inches
An overview of weight-
- The weight of all your baggage determines your allowance.
- There is no limit to the number of bags you can check in as long as each bag does not exceed the weight allowance for your travel class.
- It applies to all routes except those between the Americas and Africa (for tickets issued before August 9, 2021
|Travel Class||Special||Saver||Flex||Flex Plus|
|Economy||20 kg||25 kg||30 kg||35 kg|
- For flights between UAE and India, the Economy Special allows 25 kg.
- If you purchase a ticket on or after 26 November 2019, you will receive 30 kg in Economy Saver for journeys that originate from Australia and New Zealand.
|Business Class||40 Kilogram|
|First Class||50 kilograms|
Add Extra Baggage Allowance to Your Booking
If you want to take more baggage on your flight, learn how to purchase additional baggage allowance.
- There are a number of factors that influence your standard baggage allowance, such as your route, your class of travel, your fare type, and your Emirates Skywards membership level. You can purchase extra baggage allowance online for less than you would pay at the airport. Otherwise, you can pay for extra baggage allowance at the check-in desk in your local currency, or at Emirates’ local exchange offices.
- In order to purchase extra baggage allowance, you must have an Emirates ticket number (our ticket numbers begin with 176), and your flight must be operated and marketed by Emirates. For more information, see the terms and conditions
Buying allowances at the airport or through emirates.
If you think your baggage may exceed the standard allowance, you may need to allow yourself extra time at the airport.
A few airports may not accept cash or debit card payments. Customers should be prepared to pay with a credit card for ancillary services.
Adding additional baggage weight
You can purchase additional kilograms (kg) if the baggage allowance on your ticket is based on weight (known as the Weight Concept.
With the weight concept, you can check in as many bags as you like as long as the total weight does not exceed the maximum weight for your class of travel. Each bag must weigh less than 32 kg and its total dimensions (length + width + height) should not exceed 300 cm (118 inches) when travelling from Dammam International airport or 215 cm (84.64 inches).
Purchasing Additional Weight Before Check- in
When you buy baggage in advance, you’ll receive a discount of 50% to 60% on the check-in amount. The more you buy, the greater the discount.
- The discount is only valid online or at our retail outlets and contact centers up to 4 hours before departure.
- Extra baggage allowance is available in blocks of 5 kg, up to a maximum of 50 kg.
Missing and damaged baggage policy of Emirates Airlines
Missing Baggage – On arrival, if you cannot find your checked baggage read below-
- Your misplaced bag should be reported to the baggage services counter in the Arrivals Hall.
- We will ask you to submit a report.
- If possible, specify the colour, make, and marks of the item in your report.
- Your luggage can be tracked using the unique reference number on the report.
- If your luggage is lost, Emirates’ team will work quickly to find it.
As per Emirates Airlines baggage policy, you’ll need the following documents if you don’t receive your checked baggage within 72 hours of arrival:
- Baggage inventory form with self-attestation
- ID with a valid photograph
- Keep copies of all garment receipts
- You should keep receipts for any clothing or accessories in your bag.
- If you carried excess luggage, you should have your receipt.
- You must also file a claim with your travel insurance company.
- Contact your local Emirates office as soon as possible if you didn’t make a report and left the airport-and let them know if your luggage is located.
- For checking on the missing baggage’s status, Emirates will arrange for a convenient (for you) delivery time.
- You can find information on delayed or damaged baggage section
- Please enter the 10-digit file reference number and passenger’s last name.
- Complete the form by clicking the ‘submit’ button.
Damaged Bag Emirates Airlines
Upon arrival of damaged baggage -:
- When you arrive, you will need to escalate the matter to the Emirates Local Office right away.
- Up to three hours after the scheduled arrival, you can file a complaint at the airport counter.
- It will be necessary for you to fill out a damage report.
- It is possible to be asked to describe the size and colour of your luggage. If necessary, a receipt for the damaged items may be required.
The following steps must be taken if you find some of your damaged luggage is missing items. Contact Emirates Airlines Baggage Support Team And File the missing report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the baggage allowance for Emirates economy class?
There is no fee for Economy Special and Saver passengers to check one bag up to 23 kg (50 lbs);
Q. How many kg does Emirates Airline allow?
Depending on your fare, Economy Class cabins allow 35 kg of checked baggage, while Business Class cabins allow 40 kg, and First Class cabins allow 50 kg of checked baggage.
Q.Does Emirates weight hand luggage?
On Emirates flights, carry-on baggage allowances vary depending on your fare: Economy: customers are permitted one piece of hand luggage or laptop bag not exceeding 55cm x 38cm x 20cm and weighing less than 7kg.
Q. What if my luggage is overweight Emirates?
According to Emirates' per-bag policy, excess baggage fees are $200 per bag. On the website, you can save 50 percent on the first piece of extra luggage and 20 percent on the other two pieces, but only if you are in Economy class. Everyone else has to pay the full amount for each piece.