Sometimes we all make mistakes. However, life may not give you a second chance. But the Air Canada Airlines Name Change policy does. So, if you have misspelled your name or there is a legal change in your name, you can make the corrections. These corrections can charge you a change fee or be free, depending on the criteria mentioned below.
In this blog, you’ll learn about the Air Canada name change policy, procedure, charges, and requirements in detail. By the end of this blog, I hope we have satisfied all your queries.
Air Canada Airlines Name Change Policy
- In the case of connecting flights, you can request a name correction on the Air Canada flight segment. In addition, correction of the name on the tickets can be ordered on the code-share and interline agreement flight partners.
- Air Canada must operate the flight, and the ticket inventory must be 014.
- Air Canada name correction is to be considered reissue in the same fare class, and the Air Canada change fee and fare difference would be applicable.
- If requesting an Air Canada Airlines name change on the reservation, no changes would be permitted to altering the flight date, time, and destination. Also, no changes would be allowed to the passenger’s date of birth and gender.
- You cannot change your date of birth or gender due to the errors committed at booking.
- You can make corrections of up to 3 characters to your ticket for a fee.
What does the Name Change Policy Cover?
Air Canada airline name change consists of a few below-mentioned changes to be done;
- Firstly, passengers can correct the spelling of their first name.
- Secondly, correction in passenger’s last name.
- Change of official name to nickname or vice-versa.
- In case of modifications in the name’s title or prefix.
- Also, if you want to edit your middle name.
- First name and last name switch or vice-versa.
- You can only change up to three characters in your name.
- You cannot make changes to your full name.
- And lastly, for making any changes to your name, you must attach a valid Government id as proof.
If you qualify for any criteria mentioned above, you can make the changes through the following methods.
Air Canada Airlines Name Change Methods
1. Online Method
- Firstly, open the official site of Air Canada Airlines.
- Then, move to the menu option.
- Click on the “Manage My Bookings” tab.
- Then, you have to enter your booking reference code.
- You will be asked to fill in your last name.
- Now select the booking that you need to make changes.
- Then you can make the changes in the ticket shown on your screen.
- Presently, save the progressions in the booking and afterward submit.
- Checkout and pay the change charge or admission distinction if pertinent.
- Before you confirm the new flight reservation, you will likewise get an affirmation on your e-mail or telephone.
2. Via Call Method
- Firstly, you have to call on the toll-free no. that is 18001028182.
- Then, you will be connected to an expert on call.
- You have to share your details with the expert on call.
3. Requesting the Agent
- Call your travel agent.
- Then ask them about the changes you wish to request.
- In addition, you have to guide the agent to make the changes.
- However, you have to share your PNR no.
4. Through Social media, DMs.
- Directly message on the official social media handles.
5. Sending an e-mail
- Firstly, open the official website.
- You will find the “Customer Support” section; click on it.
- Select the contact information.
- Then, a new page will appear on your screen. There you will see the “Send Us an E-mail” option; click on that.
- Select your issue and write the mail requesting a change,
- And lastly, click on the send button.
- Finally, you are done with the requesting part.
- You will receive a mail asking for your required details in a few minutes.
- Share the required information.
- Then you will receive a payment link with a confirmation screenshot of your details.
- Kindly confirm the details before proceeding with the payment process.
- Now you will receive a new ticket after changes.
Name Change Requirements
There are a few mandatory items you should have for making changes to your name on the tickets:
- Marriage Certificate.
- Divorce Decree.
- Court Order.
- Legal name change documents.
- Affidavits or newspaper advertisements.
Name Change Charges
Air Canada may cost a fee for the alteration to the ticket name. The Air Canada Airlines name change fee may vary according to the changes or corrections type and time. It can range between. $60-$200 per ticket, depending on the ticket type.
Additionally, the cost of changing a passenger’s name on the ticket that can be used multiple times varies depending on the circumstances. Passengers can also get more information through the airline’s official website or airport staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may contact the Air Canada Airlines on the toll-free no. that is 18001028182,
Although you cannot change your full name on the ticket, you can make a few changes. However, it may charge you some change fee.
Yes. Air Canada Airlines Name change policy asks for a change fee after the risk-free 24 hours of booking. Remember it is applicable only if you have booked the tickets at least before a week of departure. However, the charges can be from $60- $200.
It is not compulsory to enter your middle name. However, it should match your name on your government id.