Last updated on July 1st, 2023 at 11:11 am
If you have reserved your flight with Qatar Airways and want to know the procedure for changing flights, then you are at the right place. There can be instances where a traveler might have to make changes in their travel plans. However, Qatar Airways offers a flexible policy. Keep reading this article till the end to know all the answers to your queries related to Qatar Airways Change Flight policy.
Key Points of Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy
- Qatar Airways passengers will have the opportunity to change their flight if their fare permits them to do so.
- People can modify the flight booking to change the flight destination, airport, meals, date/time, seat number, the passenger’s name, and many other aspects.
- The traveler needs to pay all the applicable charges and other fare-related differences in order to confirm their flight change.
- Passengers can make modifications to the reservation booking process online or offline.
- According to the Qatar Airways Change Flight policy, travelers flying to Australia, Europe, and Asia can make changes only up to 72 hours before departure.
- However, the passengers must ensure that they use the same method which they chose earlier for making the reservation.
- If a traveler makes the changes in their reservation within 24 hours, then they don’t have to pay any service charge.
- However, If the traveler makes the modifications after the allotted time, then, in that case, they have to pay some charges.
- If a traveler books their flight ticket via a third person, then they must get in touch with them for all the required changes.
No one wants to ruin the trip which they have been planning for so long. But sometimes, the situations get inescapable. So, here are some of the unforeseen circumstances that can hold up your planned trips:
- Tragedy in your family.
- Bad weather.
- Theft of passport.
- Legal orders.
- Critical illness.
Therefore, these are some events that make a traveler change their plans.
Fortunately, Qatar Airways offers the liberty to their passengers that they can make important changes in their respective reservations.
Different Methods to Change the Qatar Airways Flight
If you want to modify your reservations, then you can make the changes via web-based or traditional modes, whichever is more convenient to you.
The two methods with are designed by Qatar Airways to change flights are:
- Online Process
- Offline Process
Online Process for Qatar Airways Flight Change
Qatar Airways always tries its best to offer its travelers services that are easily accessible and policies that are easy to understand. Passengers can take the help of the internet, and they can change flights using their fingertips.
Here’s the procedure by which you can change your Qatar Airways Flight change online:
The first step is to visit the official website ‘QatarAirways.com’ and then log in to the website using your relevant email.
- The next step is to type ‘Manage My Trip’ and now enter the code of confirmation and the last name of the passenger.
- Now, you’ll get the flight list that you booked earlier. Select the flight that you want to change.
- Next is to complete the reservation changes by following the on-screen instructions.
- A further step is to make the payment for the Qatar Airways flight change.
- Finally, you’ll receive an email of confirmation with all the details of the new tickets.
- In the end, users will get the confirmation email carrying the new ticket details.
Moreover, a passenger can also make changes to their flight date by using the official mobile app of Qatar Airways. All you have to do is:
- Download the Official mobile app of Qatar Airways.
- Now, complete the sign-in procedure on the app.
- After this, you’ll get step-by-step guidelines to start the procedure of reservation modification.
if you still have any doubts related to the Qatar ticket change, then you can contact the Qatar Airways Customer Service Number at
Qatar Airways Flight Change – Offline Methods
You can also use the traditional method to make changes to your flight bookings.
Qatar Reservation Number – Travelers can dial the Qatar Airways customer service number. On the call, the customer care executive will ask you some basic questions like the last name of the passenger or the code of confirmation. So, make sure to keep these details handy so that you can answer all the relevant questions instantly.
Airport Ticket Counter – A passenger can visit their nearest airport ticket counter to meet the objective. At the airport ticket counter, the executive will ask for all the required information to help in getting your preferred flight option.
Qatar Airways Date Change
The airline permits the passengers to shift their booking to a new date. After accessing the flight details, passengers should choose the edit date option. They will get the option of entering the new travel date. After entering the date, there will be a list of available flights. Choose the new flight and rebook it by paying the date change fees.
Qatar Airways Destination Change
Passengers can also make changes in the flight destination. After retrieving the flight details through the Manage Booking option, they should select the edit destination option. On the new page, enter the destination. Flights available on the route will appear on the screen. After that, choose the relevant flight. Passengers have to pay the fare differences along with the destination change fees.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy for Privilege Club Members
Qatar Airways offers a Privilege Club Member facility to its passengers. So, the change fee will depend on the membership status of the traveler.
If the passengers change, an award ticket within 24 hours before departure of the flight:
- If the traveler is a Gold member or Platinum, there will be no change fees.
- If the passenger is a Burgundy member or Silver member, or if they are traveling as a guest, then $25 will be applied as a change fee.
It will be treated as a no-show if a passenger changes an award ticket within 3 hours of departure of the flight or after the departure of the flight.
- If you have any Avios or Qmiles and cash payments, then they will be forfeited.
- Only the airport and government taxes will be refunded.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Fee
It can be really frustrating and confusing if you are flying for the very first time and if you want to cancel or change your booking, especially with fee or cost factors.
So, do you have any idea what is the average Qatar Airways change ticket fee? Here is the Qatar Airways flight change fee.
1. Outbound Charges in case of Date Change.
Example: If Inbound charges are $125 and Outbound charges are $100, the highest charges of changed fare, which is $100, will be applied for the transactions.
2. Inbound Charges in case of Date Change.
Example: If the Outbound charges are $100 and the Inbound charges are $125, the highest charges of the changed fare, which is $125, will be applied for the transaction.
3. In one transaction, the Date change can be done for both directions.
Example: If Inbound charges are $125 and Outbound charges are $100, the highest fee of the changed fare, which is $125, will be applied for the transaction.
How to Eliminate Qatar Airways Flight Change Fee?
- You can plan your change to save the change fee; if you know the change flight policy. If you change your booking to the same class of service, there will be no change fee.
- You can ask for an earlier or later flight on departure day which means you can also request standby travel. But make sure that on standby travel, you must request at least three hours before the scheduled departure.
- A passenger can connect with the representative of Qatar Airways in case you have any doubts.
- You can visit the Official web link of Qatar Airways: https://www.QatarAirways.com.
- You can also visit their other website if you have any queries regarding fees and other fee-related issues- https://www.QatarAirways.com/en-us/optional-services-and-fees.html.
- Customer service: 1 (877) 777-2827
How Many Times Can I Change My Flight With Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways never disappoints its customers with its policies. They offer flexibility to their travelers, making their trips and services more fascinating and in demand. Therefore, you can make unlimited changes to your flights with Qatar Airways, and the same goes for the Qatar Airways change ticket policy. You have to pay the applicable charges for changing the flight every time. The traveler can make the changes effortlessly, but all the changes must be done within 5000 miles of the initial one.
However, make sure that the ticket you are holding is valid, and also check whether you are allowed to make changes or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the change fees in the case of Inbound Flights?
If Inbound charges are $200 and Outbound charges are $100, the highest charges of changed fare, which is $100, will be applied for the transactions.
How many times can I change my Qatar flight?
Passengers can change their flight date multiple times on Qatar Airways. However, their travel destination must be within 5,000 miles of the original one.
What are the ways to change the Qatar Airways flight?
Travelers can change the Qatar Airways flight either through the Manage Booking feature on the app or the official website. They can also call the airline’s executive for help.
Can I change my destination on Qatar flights?
Yes, travelers can change their flight destination on Qatar Airways. It depends on the fare rules and regulations. Moreover, it should be according to the flight change policy.
Does the Members of the Privilege Club of Qatar Airways pay charges if they change their flight?
If a passenger is a Platinum or Gold main member of the Privilege Club, then no changes will be applied if they make any changes to their flight.
Can I change my flight to a different date?
Yes, a passenger can change their flight to a different date. However, you have to pay some cancellation fee or change fee depending on the fare class of your ticket that you have booked.
Can you change your flight same day?
Yes. You can change your flight on the same day, and you do not have to pay any additional charges. But make sure that the changes must come under the same-day change policy, and the new flight must depart within 24 hours of the original departure of your flight.
Can we reschedule the flight date?
Yes, you can reschedule your flight date. To reschedule your flight date, all you need to do is to visit the official website and reschedule your flight by searching out the ‘Request for Reschedule’ option.
How can a passenger change his flight on Qatar Airways?
Passengers can change their flight by phone or online at Qatar Airways if they have booked their tickets online. You can change your flight booking online through the Manage Trips option available on the website.
What are the charges in case of Outbound Flights?
If the Outbound charges are $100 and the Inbound charges are $125, the highest charges of the changed fare, which is $125, will be applied to the transaction.