Unaccompanied minors can travel with Qatar Airways safely and comfortably without worrying about their safety. If your child is travelling for a summer holiday or visiting family members, they will be in good company thanks to Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor policy.
On board, children between the ages of 5 and 15 will receive services such as:
- Onboard snacks and refreshments are free
- Unaccompanied minors receive priority boarding.
Find out what the rules are for unaccompanied minors, how to book the service, and what documents you need.
Qatar Airways’ Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Children aged between 5 and 15 who fly alone are covered by Qatar Airways’ unaccompanied minor policy. A child between the ages of 5 and 11 who travels with their parents/guardians will also be considered accompanied if they are travelling in the same cabin as an adult.
Before booking a flight for your unaccompanied minors, you should also be aware of other rules and regulations –
- Flights operated by Qatar Airways do not offer unaccompanied minor services. Outbound and inbound travel must be arranged separately.
- A connecting flight with another airline is allowed a maximum of four hours.
- At the transit point, unaccompanied minors cannot stay at the airport without an adult guardian escorting them.
- To ensure safety and security, parents must fill out and sign the Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor form as well as the Form of Indemnity.
- A parent or legal guardian of an unaccompanied minor must remain at the airport for 15 minutes before the flight departs.
- A gate pass can only be obtained by the parents/guardians who are greeting the unaccompanied minor at the airport.
- An unaccompanied minors passport will be held by a Qatar Airways crew member during travel.
Documents Required for Minor Travel with Qatar Airways
You can find the unaccompanied minor form on the airline’s website, and it must be filled out prior to traveling.
- For each flight segment, passengers should submit two copies of their completed forms, and keep them handy when traveling.
- Fill out the form with the same name as appears on the government issued photo ID of the parent who will drop off and pick up the child.
- Unaccompanied minors on Qatar Airways must be picked up by an adult who is at least 18 years old and carrying a photo identification.
Do you know how to book a Qatar Airways flight for an unaccompanied minor?
Visit Qatar Airways’ Website –
Based on the ages of the children on the day they need to be departed, determine the number of children in each age group.
Contact Airline’s Customer Service –
A Qatar Airways representative can also assist you by calling its customer service number. You will be charged an adult fare as well as an unaccompanied minor fee.
- You must provide the airline with this information when you book your child’s flight.
- As soon as you book the flight, you will receive the seat assignment within 48 hours where your child will receive frequent care and attention.
Qatar Airways Fee for Unaccompanied Minors-
If you want to use the unaccompanied minor service, you will need to purchase an adult fare for the child. You will need to contact us in order to book the flight and the service.
It is easy to travel alone with Qatar Airways because it provides a comfortable, affordable and hassle-free service. The flight personnel will be on hand to assist you throughout your journey. In the event that the family car breaks down or is not available, parents can send their children on short-distance trips alone or get them home from vacations through Qatar Airways, which offers a safe and secure flight for unaccompanied minors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Children under 5 years cannot be accepted for the unaccompanied minor service or escort service. Children travelling on Qatar Airways flights can be eligible for the escort service as well.
Children who are 16 to 18 years old can be flogged in Qatar according to Sharia law, but children younger than 16 are not allowed to be flogged.
The process for booking the Unaccompanied Minors or Escort service is as follows: Contact Qatar Airways Customer Service Executives, or contact the local Qatar Airways office in your area, and obtain prior authorisation.
Make your reservations directly with the airline. Request the specific flight your child will take. The airline may also suggest the best route or flights to take.