The Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy is made especially for its flyers to make their travel experience convenient. So, if you have booked your travel ticket with Singapore Airlines, but due to unavoidable situations, you want to change your travel date, then you can do it by paying a certain amount of fee to the airline. Singapore Airlines permits both online and offline ways to modify their flight itinerary.
Key Guidelines for Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy
- According to Singapore Airlines flight change policy, you can enjoy a complimentary one-time change in your travel dates.
- Moreover, you must ensure that any date modifications should be made within 1 year of the date of issue of your travel booking.
- As per the Singapore Airlines change flight rule, you have a full right to make alterations to your flight without paying any charges for 24 hours of flight reservation.
- However, flight bookings must be completed 7 days before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Furthermore, if you fail to make the flight change within the risk-free period, then you must pay the Singapore Airlines flight change fee.
- Singapore Airlines usually charges fees for changing flight bookings. The flight change fee depends upon various factors such as fare class, route, flight change timing, and more.
- You can make changes in your flight with Singapore Airlines in both online and offline methods.
- If the fare price of your previous flight is less than the new flight, then you must pay the remaining fare difference to the airline.
- Similarly, if the ticket price of your old flight ticket is higher in comparison to your new travel ticket, then Singapore Airlines will reimburse the remaining amount to you.
- If you have made a group booking on a Singapore Airlines flight, then you can contact the airline executive directly on call to make the desired flight changes.
- While traveling with Singapore Airlines, you can make modifications to your flight dates, seats, meals, and names as well.
- Passengers must ensure that they are making all the desired changes in their reservation before the departure of their original booking. If they are making last-minute changes, they may have to pay higher charges/fees than usual.
- Travelers who have booked their flight ticket from a third party have to follow some other specific procedures for making the modifications. In simple words, they need to contact a third-party travel agency or website to make alterations to their bookings.
- Flyers having an elite status on the Singapore Airlines Frequent Flyer program can enjoy lower flight change fees.
What Types of Changes You Can Do? – Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines allows different kinds of flight changes. Here are the most common types of flight changes mentioned below:
- Date Change: According to Singapore Airlines flight change policy, passengers can change their flight date even on Economy class tickets. However, the date change eligibility might depend on the certain fare rules associated with your travel ticket.
- Time Change: Singapore Airlines allows the flyers to change their flight timings. Flyers can change their flight on the same day of the travel.
- Destination Change: According to Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy, changing the destination depends on the fare class of the traveler. Generally, Economy class tickets don’t have the facility to change their travel destination. Passengers may have to pay some additional fees for changing their travel destination.
- Route Change: Changing the route of your flight like altering your connecting cities, can be difficult and it also depends on the certain fare rules of the flyer’s ticket. Changing routes is allowed to only some ticket types and includes additional charges.
How To Change Flight On Singapore Airlines?
If you are traveling with Singapore Airlines, you can change your flight in both online and offline ways. Here are the steps given below to change your flight through the official website and over a phone call:
Change Your Singapore Airlines Flight Online
Here are the simple steps to change your Singapore Airlines flight online:
- Firstly visit the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- After that log into your manage booking account by entering your booking reference number and last name. And then tap on the ‘Manage Booking’ tab.
- Now, you’ll get a list of all your flight reservations including your past and upcoming flights.
- Tap on the ‘Change Flight option, tap on it.
- Furthermore, tap on the ‘Edit’ option to update your flight.
- And lastly, select a new flight at your convenience.
Note – You can also change your flight by calling the Singapore Airlines representatives.
Change Your Tickets With A Phone Call
- Another way to change your Singapore Airlines flight ticket is via a phone call. The airline executive will make the changes as soon as possible.
- You can call +65 6223 8888 and explain your reason for making the changes to the assigned representative to you. The executive will share all the possible options for the changes.
- In addition, if you have booked your flight ticket from a third party, then you are not eligible to make modifications to your ticket both online and offline ways.
- Therefore, you must contact the third-party agent for any kind of changes to your flight ticket.
Does Singapore Airlines Charge Fees For Flight Change?
According to Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy, travelers have to pay extra charges to reschedule their flight. Here are some of the important points that every flyer must know about flight change:
- If a passenger changes the date and timings of their flight, then under the Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy, they are required to pay $25 as a fee.
- Additionally, the fee for changing the cabin class and route is also $25.
- However, the fee for changing the fees can vary as it depends on various factors.
- Furthermore, changing flights in advance can result in lower fees, whereas end-moment changes can lead to higher flight change fees/charges.
- According to the Singapore Airlines change ticket policy, the flight change fees for award tickets can be different in comparison to the cash tickets.
- If the passenger changes their flight at the airport, then they have to pay a small service charge to Singapore Airlines.
Tips for Flight Change At Singapore Airlines
Here are some of the tips mentioned below that you can consider for a smooth flight change experience with Singapore Airlines:
- You can initiate the Singapore Airlines ticket change procedure in advance to avoid last-minute chaos.
- Always make sure to save all your documents and emails related to flight change for future reference.
- Travelers can also consider other alternative travel dates to reduce their flight change fees.
- If you have a frequent flyer elite status, then you can use it for the fee reduction.
- Passengers must ensure to request the flight change request through the official website of Singapore Airlines to avoid any kind of inconvenience.
- Flyers also verify their travel insurance policy, if it covers the flight changes or not, as it can help them to offset the charges/fees.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is the change date fee for Singapore Airlines?
Singapore Airlines charges fees for changing the flight of the passengers. Travelers can change their flight route, cabin class, and date as well. However, they have to pay $25 as a flight date change fee to the airline.
How can I change my flight date without extra charges?
If you have booked your flight with Singapore Airlines, but due to some unavoidable circumstances you want to change your travel date, then you can do it even without paying any extra charges. For this, you have to change your flight reservation within 24 hours of the booking.
How long do I need to change flights in Singapore?
If you are traveling with Singapore Airlines, then you must change your flight at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. However, you might have to pay higher flight change fees for making end-moment flight changes.
Can I change my return flight on Singapore Airlines?
Yes, you can change your return flight on Singapore Airlines as long as you have a ticket type that allows you to change your return flight.
Can I change a flight I already booked on Singapore Airlines?
Yes, you can change your already booked flight with Singapore Airlines. However, you have to pay a flight change fee to the airline.
Can I change to an earlier flight with Singapore Airlines?
Yes, you can change to an early flight with Singapore Airlines. But for this, you must have a fare type that allows you to do so.
How many times can I change my flight for free on Singapore Airlines?
As per the Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy, passengers can enjoy a complimentary one-time change to their travel dates. After this, they have to pay a certain amount as flight change fees.
What are the ways to change a Singapore Airlines flight?
If you have booked your ticket on Singapore Airlines, then you have both online and offline options. You can either change your flight through the official website or call the airline representative to make the required changes on your behalf.
Can I change the destination on my Singapore Airlines flight booking?
Yes, travelers can change the destination on their Singapore Airlines flight booking. However, not all flights are eligible for destination change. Also, change in the arrival airport depends on the fare conditions.
More on Singapore Airlines On Mytrippolicy: