Ryanair is an ultra-low-cost airline that works for passengers keeping in mind their circumstances and requirements. However, the airline has much more to offer other than discounts and deals on flight bookings. Ryanair Flight Change Policy allows passengers to change their flight time, date, and even destination. Travelers can change their flight via online and offline means. However, there are some restrictions that travelers must know before making any modifications. So, let’s read more information on Ryanair’s flight change policy.
Ryanair Flight Change Policy – Key Points
Following the Ryanair change flight service, passengers can change their flight up to 2.5 hours before departure. This will include any modifications on date, time, and destination, that will be chargeable according to the fare type and mode of changes. Moreover, passengers are liable to pay the fare difference between their original and new booking.
- Ryanair allows change in flight up to 2.5 hours before departure.
- Passengers will not have to pay any fee if the changes occur within 24 hours of booking.
- Only flexi fare holders can change their flight for free on Ryanair, the rest of the fares will have to pay a flight change fee.
- Flexi Plus fare holders can change their flight on the day of travel for free on the same route.
- Passengers can change the both arrival and departure city in their booking. However, they cannot change the international flight to domestic and vice-versa.
- Ryanair Flight Change policy states that if the new fare is cheaper than the original, then it will not refund the fare difference.
- If Ryanair changes flights due to delay or cancellation, passengers are eligible to claim compensation. Know More: Ryanair Cancellation Policy
- If passengers have booked through a travel agency then they must contact the travel agent for making any modifications.
- When an immediate family member dies within 28 days of departure, the airline allows passengers to change without any fees. However, passengers must show the death certificate as proof.
- However, if a passenger or accompanying passenger gets ill or dies, the airline will not charge a fee, yet the flyer has to submit evident documents before departure.
- Ryanair does not allow to change the flight date or time for one passenger online in a multi-passenger booking. Travelers have to contact the airline for it.
- Moreover, passengers cannot make online partial flight changes on Ryanair. They have to contact the airline to make such a change.
Same-Day Flight Change On Ryanair
Travelers who want to make modifications to their flight on the same day of departure can change up to 2.5 hours before departure. Moreover, a certain change fee will be applicable for all types of fare, except Flexi Plus. However, the airline charges a fare difference. Travelers can change their flight at the airport check-in counter or through the contact centers of Ryanair.
Guidelines To Change Ryanair Flight After Check-In
Unlike other airlines, Ryanair gives the luxury of checking in 60 days before flight departure. But, there are times when people check in the flight and because of any emergency, they have to change the flight date or route. In this case, passengers must inform the airline at least one day before departure to uncheck the flight. Once, the flight gets unchecked by Ryanair’s crew, travelers can make changes accordingly through modes like:
- The official website.
- My mobile app.
- Over a phone call.
- At the airport.
When the flyers fetch their booking details via Manage Booking and choose the option of “Flight Change”, Ryanair automatically checks out the passenger. So, even if the flyers did not change their flight they have to check in again before the deadline
Flight Change Rules For Ryanair’s Various Fare Types
There are four types of fares that have their benefits and restrictions. Passengers can choose the fare type according to their needs and budget.
- Basic/Regular/Plus Fare/Family Plus Fare – Paid Flight Changes along with fare differences.
- Flexi Plus Fare – Free flight change but fare differences are applicable.
What Are the Rules for Changing Flexi Plus Fare Flights?
Flexi Plus fare gives the advantage of free fight change. You can change it either before the day of travel or on the day of departure. Let us discuss both scenarios.
Changing the Ryanair Flight Before Departure
If you are changing your flight before the departure of the original flight, then there are no extra charges. But, you have to pay the fare differences. The airline gives the privilege to Flexi plus fares to make changes up to 1 hour before departure. However, if you are switching to an earlier flight, then
- You can change the flight 40 minutes before departure through the airport ticket desk.
- One hour before departure via the contact centers.
Flexi Plus fares can change the route from the same departure country to the same destination country. In case you have taken the departing flight, then to change the return flight you have to get in touch with the Ryanair assistant team.
Changing the Ryanair Flight on the Same Day of Travel
If you wish to change the flight on the same day of departure, then the Flexi Plus fare has covered you. You can change free of charge without any fare differences if you only change the flight and not the routes. However, if you change the route, then you are liable to pay any fare differences that occur.
Flight Changes Made Within 24 Hours Of Booking
- Ryanair gives a grace period to their flyers to make changes to their flight within 24 hours of booking without applying a change fee.
- Despite any type of fare, all passengers can modify their flight date or time within the grace period.
- In the case of the route, it allows only reversing of the route for free in the first 24 hours of booking. For example, flyers can change from Luton>Dublin to Dublin>Luton.
- The following rules are applicable following the condition that the flight departure must be at least seven days ahead.
Online and Offline Ways To Change Ryanair Flight
Passengers have various alternatives to change their Ryanair flight. The changes can be made through the official website, mobile app, phone call, or at the airport. If the booking is through a third party, then passengers have to contact them only for any changes. Let’s find out the steps to switch Ryanair flights.
Change Ryanair Flight Through the Manage My Booking Facility
The most convenient way to change the flight is to use the Manage Booking feature.
- Travelers can visit the official website on a web browser.
- From the Booking option, select the Manage Bookings feature.
- The passenger must enter the booking number along with their last name.
- Now, choose the “Change Flight” option. If the fare is not eligible for change, the tab will be disabled.
- Travelers may change the flight date, time, or destination but in accordance with the policy of the airline.
- After choosing the option, Ryanair will show the list of available flights. Select the new flight.
- Now, save and submit the ticket after making changes.
- Pay the fee for changing the flight. Flight change fees vary by fare type, if it is a Flexi Plus fare no fee will be charged.
- The confirmations are sent via email to the registered email address.
Request Flight Change via Call
- Call the official Ryanair reservation number.
- Follow the IVR instructions and press the desired key.
- After connecting with the agent, request them to change the booking.
- The executive will ask about the passenger’s details and booking number.
- After mentioning the flight details, request the executive to change the flight.
- Inform the executive of a new date, time, or destination.
- The agent will provide the available flights at the mentioned time and date.
- Flyers can choose the flight accordingly.
- Now, the agent will change the booking, which the passenger has requested.
- The passenger has to pay the change fee if liable.
- Lastly, passengers will receive an email confirming their changes.
Make Changes to your Flight Directly at the Airport Counter
If the flyer is unable to change their Ryanair flight through phone number, or their plan changes at the last moment then they can do it after arriving at the airport. Travelers can visit the airline counter to a request for changes to the booking. The executive will help passengers through the process. Passengers can choose a new date or time at their convenience. However, travelers should remember that the airline processes the flight change requests made 2.5 hours before the scheduled departure (except for Flexi Plus fare).
Ryanair Flight Change Fees – Within and After 24 Hours
Ryanair flight change fee depends upon the mode of request. Moreover, passengers can change their flight date, time, or destination, until 2.5 hours before departure which includes a certain fee per passenger.
- Flexi Plus fare holders do not have to pay the change in flight fee.
- Somehow, if travelers modify their flight tickets within 24 hours of booking, the airline will not charge any fee, including all types of fares.
Here is the Ryanair Flight Change Fee Table. The change fee is per passenger per one-way flight.
|Mode of Change||Change Fee|
|Through online||EUR 45|
|By calling the airline or at the airport||EUR 60|
What Happens If Ryanair Changes Your Flight?
Due to any situation, if Ryanair changes the flight of the traveler, it ensures to provide compensation or an alternative flight. However, if the traveler does not want to board the next flight, they can ask for a full refund or travel voucher for future bookings with the airline.
- Ryanair compensates according to the length of the delay.
- Travelers would also receive compensation, like complimentary meals, and accommodation if the delay causes an overnight stay.
- To claim compensation travelers must contact the airline ground team and provide them the flight details.
- The airline will not provide compensation in case of weather or air traffic control issues.
Ryanair offers the following compensation due to involuntary flight change.
|Under 1500 km||EUR 250|
|Between 1500-3500 km||EUR 400|
However, passengers cannot claim compensation if the airline has informed them about the rescheduling of the flight at least 14 days before departure along with an alternative flight.
What is the Ryanair Award Flight Ticket Change Policy?
As we have checked by 15th September, Ryanair does not have any ongoing loyalty program. Therefore, it does not have any separate clauses for award ticket bookings.
However, Ryanair still offers discount fares and coupons on various routes throughout the year. Passengers can use them to book a flight. However, the flight change eligibility depends on the fare conditions or as stated on the ticket otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the Ryanair flight for one passenger only?
If you have a booking with more than one passenger and you want to change the flight for an individual, then you are restricted from doing so on Ryanair.
How to change your Ryanair flight for free?
You can make changes to your flight within 24 hours of booking for free. But, the following rule only applies if the departure date is at least after seven days. However, when you are a Flexi Plus fare holder, the airline allows you to make any changes or cancellations without charging any change fee.
Does Ryanair allow flight change after check-in?
Yes, Ryanair allows travelers to change their flight date or destination after check-in. Travelers can use the Manage Booking option and choose the Change Flight option. Ryanair will automatically check out the passengers when they opt for the Change Flight option.
What if I miss my flight, can I change the date or time later?
No, once the flight departs the airline does not allow to make any changes. According to the Ryanair change flight rule, passengers must inform the airline at least 2.5 hours before departure.
What is the fee for flight change on Ryanair?
Ryanair flight change fee depends upon the method of request. When a traveler changes their flight online through the official website or the app, they have to pay EUR 40. On the other hand, to do it offline, they have to pay EUR 60.
What are the benefits of Flexi Plus fare on Ryanair?
Flexi Plus holders can change their flight without paying any extra fee. Compared to other fares, travelers can change the flight 40 minutes before departure through the airport ticket desk. On the other hand, one hour before departure via the contact centers.
What are the different ways to change the Ryanair flight?
Travelers can modify their flight by logging into the Manage My Booking feature on the Ryanair website or mobile app. Moreover, passengers can also call the change flight department of the airline to request a flight change. Lastly, they can also visit the Ryanair helpdesk.
How will I know that my request for a flight change is successful?
Once the passenger completes the flight change process, Ryanair will inform the new booking details on the passenger’s registered contact number and email address.