Last updated on September 22nd, 2023 at 09:15 am
If you wish to cancel your flight reservation, it is imperative to understand how the Turkish Airlines cancellation Policy applies to your scenario, and whether it would be more cost-effective to change the ticket rather than cancel it. Emergencies can happen at any time so having a backup plan is vital.
Turkish Airlines’ cancellation policy normally requires you to pay a cancellation fee if you have a non-refundable ticket. However, there are some circumstances in which you may be eligible for a money-back guarantee.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy for Flights Cancelled Within 24 Hours of Flight Schedule
Turkish Airlines offers a 24-hour cancellation and refund policy. if you book a flight from or to the United States. As long as you reserve your seat at least 7 days before your flight departure on the Turkish official website or U.S. booking center or customer service desk, your reservation will be held without payment.
No matter whether you select the “hold” option or not, your refund will be subject to the ticket price rules. If you do not pay within 24 hours, your reservation will be deemed invalid.
If Your flight is Cancelled by Turkish Airlines, Then You have the Following Options Based on the Airlines policy Regarding Cancelled Flights:
- If the flight cancellation occurs within 8 hours of the departure time of your new flight, Turkish Airlines will provide free lodging and transportation between the airport and your lodging.
- After you have completed your onward journey, a return flight to your starting point will be provided free of charge as soon as possible.
What are the steps to cancel a Turkish Airlines flight ticket?
Normally, passengers can only request cancellation of flights online if they have already booked them on the airline’s website. Here’s an overview of how the cancellation process works online Passengers can follow the same steps to request cancellation of flights on their airline’s website.
Online Flight Ticket Cancellation
- Visit Turkish Airlines official website, and click on Manage Booking.
- You will need to enter the passenger’s last name along with the six-digit booking reference.
- If your booking includes more than one passenger, select their name.
- Click on the ‘cancel’ button to cancel the desired flights.
- A refund amount will be displayed on the next screen after the cancellation fee has been deducted.
- Click CONFIRM if you need to cancel.
- Refunds will be issued to passengers in 7-10 business days.
Flight Cancellation Via Contact Number
The following steps can be taken if you’re holding an unrestricted fare that does not support online cancellation. Dial the customer service phone number, and do the following:
- You should forward the booking details to the next available flight executive and ask them to cancel the reservation.
- All cancellation requests with Turkish Airlines are subject to cancellation fees regardless of the fare type and cabin class selected.
- Check your booking to see how much refund you can claim.
- Refunds will be credited to the original payment method if you are satisfied with the refund amount.
- An email confirmation of your cancellation will be sent to your registered email address.
Turkish Airlines ticket cancellation fees
A list of cancellation fees for Turkish Airlines based on your fare has been prepared for your reference. If you purchased an economy promotion rate ticket you would not be eligible for a refund. In the event of a cancellation passengers who have purchased Economy Restricted Fare, Economy Flexible Fare or Business Promotion tickets will not be entitled to a refund. The Turkish Airlines business class cancellation policy says that passengers who choose to cancel their flights must pay a cancellation fee of $400. There are no cancellation charges for Flexible Fare ticket holders.
Refund Policy for Turkish Airlines
When a flight is delayed or canceled the amount a passenger receives back depends on the route and class of the passenger. If Turkish Airlines cancels or changes the schedule you can get a refund or reschedule your ticket without paying additional fees. If you want to cancel your order you can do so free of charge within 24 hours of placing it. The flight must be canceled at least seven days prior to departure. A refund will be issued to your account within 20 business days of the cancellation. if you cancel within 24 hours of purchasing your tickets.
According to the Turkish Airlines Refund Policy, all refunds are credited to your account within 20 business days of the cancellation of your flight. In addition to transportation between the airport and hotel Turkish Airlines also offers passengers whose flights have been canceled additional services. If your flight is cancelled by Turkish Airlines you will be eligible for a full refund.