Trip cancellations can be frustrating and heartbreaking at the same time. Unexpected circumstances making you feel stressed about your Ryanair bookings? Don’t worry! Because the Ryanair Cancellation Policy will save you from unnecessary stress. The airline has flexible policies to help the passengers in the best possible way. So, if you have a Ryanair flight ticket and want to cancel it, then here is all that you must know about the Ryanair Cancellation Policy.
Ryanair Cancellation Policy – Latest Refund Guidelines
- As per the Ryanair Cancellation Policy, passengers cancel their flight tickets irrespective of their fare types.
- Also, if Ryanair cancels the flight bookings, in such cases, passengers can obtain a full refund as well as compensation for the inconvenience caused.
- Passengers of Ryanair are eligible to cancel their flight only if they have booked the ticket from the official website, over a phone call, or at the ticket counter.
- Flyers can claim a 100% discount for RyanAir flight cancellation if they cancel it within 24 hours of reservation.
- If a passenger doesn’t travel on their Ryanair booked flight all the taxes, airfare, fees, and other charges are non-refundable.
- If you want to know whether you are eligible for Ryanair flight cancellation, you can visit the ‘Manage Booking’ tab of Ryanair. Here you’ll get to know all the rules all the fare rules of your travel ticket.
Ryanair’s 24-Hour Free Cancellation Rule
If you are a flyer within the UK and Europe with Ryanair then, you are not allowed to cancel your flight within 24 hours. However, passengers to/from the Canada and USA are allowed to cancel their bookings with Ryanair within 24 hours. Here are some of the important points that every traveler must know about the Ryanair 24-hour flight cancellation policy:
- According to the Ryanair 24-hour flight cancellation policy, passengers can get a full refund if they cancel their flight bookings within 24 hours of the travel ticket purchased.
- The 24-hour flight cancellation policy of Ryanair is applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fare types.
- Once the passenger cancels the flight, their refund amount gets credited into their travel account in the original mode of payment within 7-10 days.
- If you have purchased your flight ticket via Ryanair Club miles accounts, such tickets aren’t covered under Ryanair’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Free fight cancellation within 24 hours is not applicable on group bookings with Ryanair.
- The 24-hour flight cancellation policy of Ryanair is only applicable to those reservations made via the official website, over a phone call, or by visiting the Ryanair flight ticket offices.
Documents Required For Ryanair Flight Cancellation
According to the Ryanair Flight Cancellation Policy, passengers need to present some specific documents to proceed further for a flight cancellation refund. Below is a list of the documents you must have while requesting a refund:
- Ryanair flight reservation number and other booking details are necessary for claiming flight cancellation refunds.
- Also, medical certificates are important for claiming a refund from Ryanair.
How To Cancel Ryanair Flight Reservations? (Online & Offline Modes)
If you have booked your flight with Ryanair, but due to certain circumstances you want to cancel your reservation then you have two options to cancel your bookings. These two methods are:
- Through the Official Website Of Ryanair.
- By Calling Ryanair Respresentative.
Cancel Your Ryanair Flight Through the Website
If you don’t want to face any hassle of contacting the airline representative to cancel your flight, you can select the option to cancel your flight through the official website of Ryanair. You can follow the given instructions to cancel your flight through the official website:
- To begin with the flight cancellation, firstly visit Ryanair’s official website.
- Now, go to the ‘My Bookings’ section.
- After this, log into your account with the help of your credentials.
- Now, locate the specific flight that you want to cancel.
- Once you choose your flight, select the cancellation option.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions and provide all the required details.
- Also, recheck all the cancellation details and any applicable fees before confirming the cancellation.
- After that confirm your booking and keep a record of the flight cancellation confirmation for future reference.
Ryanair Flight Cancellation via Phone Call
If you prefer to cancel your flight through the official website then you have another way to cancel your flight which is calling the Ryanair representative. You can call the airline representative to get direct assistance. You can follow the given instructions for a better approach:
- Firstly, call the Ryanair representative at their contact number.
- Once you get connected with them share your concern with them.
- The airline executive will ask you for your flight details and your personal details as well.
- Provide them with all the required details.
- Now, they will cancel your Ryanair flight on your behalf.
- Also, you might need to pay the cancellation charges.
- Once the flight is canceled you’ll get a flight cancellation confirmation on your valid E-mail address.
Ryanair Cancellation Fees Can Vary Depending On Fare Type
You might be confused about how much fee Ryanair charges for flight cancellation. The cancellation fees depend on various factors including ticket type, route, cancellation timing, etc. Passengers can cancel their flight for free without paying any cancellation charges. Ryanair allows travelers to cancel their flight reservations at least 2 hours before their flight departs. However, after 24 hours of ticket purchase, passengers need to pay the cancellation charges to cancel their flights. They need to pay around $20-$25 as Ryanair cancellation fees. Moreover, if you are an elite status member you can cancel your flight at any time without paying the cancellation fees.
Ryanair’s Refund Eligibility Criteria Explained
The flight tickets of Ryanair are generally non-refundable. If your Ryanair flight was operated but you didn’t travel, in such cases you are not entitled to claim for a refund. However, if your flight was canceled from Ryanair’s end, and if it’s failed to operate in such cases you are eligible to ask for a flight refund. You can also request Ryanair for a refund if there is a medical emergency. However, the airline might ask you to show the medical evidence to proceed with your refund request. Also, passengers are eligible to claim for Ryanair refund if their flight was delayed for more than 5 hours.
How To Request A Refund From Ryanair – Online Application Form
If Ryanair cancels your flight reservation, you are eligible for a refund. However, to claim a refund you need to claim it by yourself. You can request for a refund online. Once you submit your refund request online, Ryanair will inform you via text or through email. Once you receive notification of a flight cancellation, follow these steps to claim your refund:
- First, visit Ryanair’s official website.
- Now, sign into your ‘My Bookings’ account.
- After that, follow the steps to apply for your refund request.
- Alternatively, you can also request the Ryanair Refund Application Form.
- Now, wait for at least 5 days for your refund claim to be processed.
- Your refund will be credited to your account in the original payment mode.
Compensation For Flights Cancelled Or Disrupted By Ryanair
Ryanair provides refunds for those passengers whose flights were canceled or delayed from the airline’s end. Here is an overview of the Ryanair cancellation compensation for those passengers who are eligible to get compensation in cases of Ryanair flight delays:
- Ryanair provides compensation in the form of travel vouchers for delays on long-haul flights which are over 3500km around $725.
- If your medium-distance flight between 1500 and 3500 Km gets delayed due to a Ryanair fault the airline compensates you in the form travel voucher of $450.
- Ryanair provides compensation in the form of travel vouchers for delayed short-haul flights which are over 1500km around $300.
Note: It is advised to visit the official website of Ryanair to get the actual idea of Ryanair flight cancellation compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are my rights if a Ryanair flight is Cancelled?
If your Ryanair flight was canceled and you did not take any alternate flight offered by the airline then you are entitled to a Ryanair refund.
How do I claim compensation for a Canceled Ryanair flight?
If your Ryanair flight was canceled then you can submit a Ryanair compensation claim form by visiting the official website of the airline. Once you submit your form wait for at least 5-7 days for the process to proceed further.
How much compensation will I get from Ryanair?
If your Ryanair flight was canceled due to the airline’s fault the airline will compensate you for the inconvenience caused. The amount of compensation you’ll get from the airline depends on the distance of your flight destination.
Does Ryanair have a 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Yes, Ryanair has a 24-hour flight cancellation policy which allows passengers to cancel their flights within 24 hours of the ticket purchased without paying the cancellation charges.
What to do if Ryanair’s cancellation compensation claim is denied?
If your Ryanair cancellation compensation claim is denied by the airline for no reason then, you can submit your complaint to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) service. They will help you in providing the best solution as per your concern.
Can I cancel my Ryanair flight and get a refund?
As per Ryanair flight cancellation policy, if the passenger has booked a non-refundable flight ticket, they can cancel up to 3 hours before their flight departs. All fares except non-restricted fares can qualify for a full refund if canceled within 24 hours from the making of flight booking provided that the departure date must be at least 7 days ahead at the time of canceling the booking.
How much is the Ryanair flight cancellation fee?
Passengers can cancel their Ryanair flight within 24 hours of ticket purchased. However, after 24 hours they need to pay a Ryanair flight cancellation fee which is around $20-$25.
Can I get a refund on my Ryanair flight after cancellation?
Yes, you can request a Ryanair refund if your flight was canceled by the airline due to bad weather or any other reason. You can fill out an online flight delay refund form to claim your refund for flight cancellation.
How to check that my refund has been issued not?
Within 24 hours, Ryanair will send you an email confirming that your request for a refund due to a flight delay has been completed. On your Ryanair Wallet, you can see the current status of your refund.
What happens if my Ryanair flight gets canceled?
If your flight gets canceled due to bad weather or any technical issue then either you can request Ryanair to book a new flight for yourself without any extra cost or get a full refund for the inconvenience caused.
Can I cancel my Ryanair flight offline?
Yes, you can cancel your flight offline by contacting the Ryanair representative via a phone call. Arline representative will cancel your flight on your behalf. However, you need to pay the flight cancellation fee(if any).
More on Ryanair at Mytrippolicy: Ryanair Baggage Policy