It can be an annoying situation if you plan out everything for your next trip with Austrian Airlines, but due to a change in plan or an emergency, you cancel it. The very first question that arises in such a situation is does Austrian Airlines have a passenger-friendly cancellation policy? Well, Austrian Airlines has a very straightforward Cancellation Policy that allows passengers to cancel their tickets if any issue or emergency occurs.
Here are some important points that you must know about the Austrian Airlines Cancellation policy:
- Austrian Airlines does not charge any cancellation fees from passengers who cancel their reservation within 24 hours of their purchase.
- However, once this risk period ends, travelers must pay a minimal amount as the cancellation fees.
- Flyers have both online and offline ticket cancellation options, they can select any of these options as per their preference. They can cancel their reservation online through the manage booking tool or by dialing the contact number of the airline executive as well.
- Furthermore, if the flight of any passenger gets canceled by Austrian Airlines, the airline provides compensation to such flyers.
- As per the Austrian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy, travelers will not get a refund after canceling their flight if they have non-refundable flight tickets. However, if they have purchased refundable flight tickets they are eligible to receive a refund after canceling their ticket.
- Austrian Airlines advises all travelers to reserve their flight ticket for at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure of their flight so that the airline has sufficient time to deal with the modifications.
Austrian Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
As per the Austrian Airlines 24-hour flight Cancellation Policy, passengers get the convenience of a risk-free cancellation facility. Here are some points given below regarding this policy:
- Under the Austrian Airlines ticket cancellation policy, passengers get a free flight cancellation window for 24 hours. The 24-hour window starts from the time of purchase of the ticket. So, if a passenger makes a cancellation during this period, they are eligible to get full reimbursement for canceling the ticket.
- However, to get the benefit of this policy, travelers must book their ticket at least 7 days before their flight departs.
- Moreover, this policy varies depending on the fare types of the flyer. Hence, not all fare types are eligible for a 24-hour flight cancellation policy.
How To Cancel Austrian Airlines Flight Ticket?
Austrian Airlines has a different flight cancellation procedure as compared to other airlines. Usually, most airlines allow passengers to cancel their flights either online or by calling their representatives. But, unfortunately, this is not the same in the case of Austrian Airlines.
Austrian Airlines does not allow passengers to cancel their reservations online. However, passengers can cancel their flight over a phone call.
Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Flight Over A Call
If you don’t want to opt for the online flight cancellation option, no worries. You can cancel your ticket by reaching out to the Austrian Airlines representatives. You can follow the given instructions to cancel your ticket over a phone call:
- Start by dialing the contact number of Austrian Airlines which is +1 (800) 843-0002.
- The airline will assign a representative for you who’ll assist you in canceling your flight.
- Once you get connected with the executive, they will ask you to share your name and the PNR number.
- Share the details with them along with your reason for canceling the flight.
- With the help of the given details, the representative will check the eligibility and inform you about the cancellation charges.
- After that, pay the cancellation charges and the executive will cancel your flight.
- Also, they’ll fill out the refund form for you as well.
Cancel The Austrian Flight Ticket At The Airport
If you don’t find any of the above-mentioned ways convenient, then you have one more option which is canceling your flight at the airport. To cancel your flight at the airport visit the ticket center and wait till the airline executive reaches out to you for assistance. Once you get in touch with them, share your PNR and name along with your reason for flight cancellation. The representative will go through the situation and will share the cancellation charges as well. If the airline finds you eligible to cancel your ticket, they will cancel the reservation and initiate a refund as well.
How Much Does Austrian Airlines Charge For Flight Cancellation?
Austrian Airlines is one of the budget-friendly airlines that has flexible policies. The airline charges fees from the passengers for canceling their flights. The cancellation charges are outlined below:
- If the traveler cancels the flight a month before the scheduled departure of their flight, the airline provides a full refund for their ticket.
- However, if they cancel their flight tickets 15 days before the flight’s departure, they must pay 10% of the total airfare as a cancellation charge.
- Moreover, if the travel ticket is canceled within a week of the departure, the Austrian Airlines Cancellation fee will be 20% of the fare.
- As per the Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy, if the traveler cancels the flight on the same day or even one day prior to the departure, they will not get any refund from the Austrian Airlines. It will be considered as a no-show.
What Does Austrian Airlines Refund Policy State?
Austrian Airlines provides refunds only to eligible passengers who meet the specific criteria set by the airline regarding refunds. Eligible travelers get the refunds in the form of cash or vouchers depending upon the situation. Here are some requirements explained below for obtaining a refund according to the Austrian Airlines refund policy:
- Travelers will get a full refund if they cancel their flight within 24 hours of ticket reservation and the departure must be no later than 7 days.
- If any passenger cancels their flight that was booked via a credit card, then the traveler must wait for at least 7 days for the refund request to proceed.
- However, cheques and cash-related payments might take a long time up to 20 days for the refund request to proceed.
- If the flyer has booked a round trip with Austrian Airlines and wants to cancel the one-way trip, then the airline will refund only the one-way amount as a refund.
- Austrian Airlines allows passengers to request refunds in both online and offline ways. However, they must fill out a form and attach proper supporting documents for receiving a refund.
- The Austrian Airlines Refund Policy also depends upon the fare types.
- On Short-haul flights with Austrian Airlines, Economy Light, Economy Classic, and Economy Green, cabin class passengers don’t get a refund after canceling their flight. However, Economy Flex class travelers get the refunds.
- On the other hand, on Long-haul flights, Business Basic class passengers don’t get any refunds after canceling their flights. Whereas, the Business Basic Plus and Business Flex cabin class passengers get a refund. But the business basic plus flyers have to pay a cancellation fee in order to receive a refund from Austrian Airlines.
How To Claim a Refund From Austrian Airlines?
Austrian Airlines provides refunds for eligible travelers once they cancel their reservation. Here are the quick steps given below for claiming a refund from Austrian Airlines by filling out a refund form:
- Firstly, visit the official website of Austrian Airlines.
- On the official website, you’ll get the refund form.
- Fill it out by entering all the required details.
- You have to add the following details:
- Reservation Code
- Ticket number to be refunded
- Your Title
- Passenger’s name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Document Reference
- After filling out the above details, confirm all the terms and conditions as well.
- And lastly, click on the ‘Send’ button to submit the refund form.
Note- If Austrian Airlines cancels your flight, you are eligible to get compensation from the airline.
Austrian Airlines Compensation for Cancelled Flight
Austrian Airlines provides compensation if the flight of a passenger gets canceled from the airline’s end. Here are some points mentioned below regarding this policy:
- If Austrian Airlines cancels the flight of any passenger or the flight is delayed by more than 5 hours, then the traveler is eligible to get a full refund from the airline.
- Moreover, if the connecting flight of the traveler gets canceled by the airline, the flyer will get free meals, accommodation, and a voucher for necessary items as well.
- In addition, sometimes the airline also upgrades the class of flyers who face difficulties due to flight cancellation.
- If the flight cancellation is due to any unavoidable reason, Austrian Airlines is not responsible for providing any reimbursement or compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I cancel my flight with Austrian Airlines?
Yes, you can cancel your flight with Austrian Airlines. You can call Austrian Airlines and cancel the ticket. Remember that Austrian Airlines does not allow passengers to cancel their booking online at present.
Is there a cancellation fee for canceling a flight with Austrian Airlines?
Yes, Austrian Airlines charges a fee for flight cancellations. However, the fee depends upon the timing. This means that if you cancel your flight one month before the departure, you have to pay 10% of the total fare. However, if you cancel your flight right before one day to the departure, you must pay 100% of the total fare.
Does Austrian Airlines have a 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Yes, Austrian Airlines has a 24-hour flight cancellation policy that allows travelers to cancel their tickets without paying any cancellation charges. Under the policy, passengers need to cancel their reservation within 24 hours of booking confirmation. They must make sure that the flight departure should be at least seven days ahead.
What should I do if Austrian Airlines cancels my flight?
If Austrian Airlines cancels your flight then you have two options. You can either ask for a refund from Austrian Airlines or fly on the next flight arranged by the airline. The airline will book the next flight for you without charging any extra cost from you.
How will I get to know that my Austrian flight is canceled?
If Austrian Airlines cancels your flight, they will send a notification either through an email or via phone. Therefore, you must provide the right contact details while booking your flight.
Does the time duration matter for canceling a flight with Austrian Airlines?
Yes, time duration matters when it comes to canceling your flight with Austrian Airlines because it will affect the amount of cancellation charges. Canceling flights early results less cancellation charges, but late flight cancellation means that there will be more fees or charges.
How much time does Austrian Airlines take to provide a refund to the passengers?
Austrian Airlines refund depends upon the method of flight booking payment selected by the passengers. If the passengers have made booking payments through a credit card, the refund will be reflected in their account within 7 days of the refund request. However, if the payment was made through cheques or cash it will take around 20 days to reflect the refund.
Can I cancel my flight with Austrian Airlines without paying any fees?
Yes, you can cancel your flight with Austrian Airlines without paying any fees or charges. However, the condition is you must cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchasing your travel ticket. After this risk-free period is over, the airline will charge cancellation charges from you.
More on Austrian Airlines on MyTripPolilcy: