Last updated on October 10th, 2022 at 09:43 am
When flying, it is critical to understand the baggage allowances. In this regard, the baggage policy of United Airlines provides the most accurate information about baggage rules to its passengers. This policy specifies the maximum size and weight limits that can be carried by this airline. It also sets the number and type of bags that must be accepted. In addition, this policy also reveals the difference in baggage rules between domestic and international travel.
United Airlines Carry-On Baggage Weight and Rules and More
Your carry-on bag should be able to fit into the luggage compartment. A carry-on bag’s maximum dimensions are 9*14*22 inches (22 x 35 x 56 centimetres). Handles and wheels are included.
What can I bring on-board?
On most flights, you are allowed to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item (Also special items) on board. However, please read the exceptions carefully.
- Carry On Personal Item – Your item should fit just below the seat in front of you. The maximum dimensions for your item are 9*10*17 (22 x 25 x 43).
- Other items- In addition to your one carry-on bag and personal thing, you may bring on board the following items:
- Food that you buy at the airport
- Devices (like that collapsible wheelchair, cane, crutches, medical device for prescription medications, or
- FAA-authored Infant restraint devices or safety seat
- A diaper bags
- A camera
- A pet carrier (service charges apply for in-cabin pets)
- A jacket
- An umbrella
- Study material
Related – United Airlines Cancellation Policy
United Airlines Basic Economy Carry-on Policy – An Overview
- Basic Economy- You can only bring one personal item on board if you travel on a Basic Economy ticket. There are a few exceptions, which we’ll go through below.
if you are bringing a full-size carry-on bag to the airport, you must pay the applicable checked bag fee and a $25 gate handling fee. To keep things simple at the gate, you must pay by credit card.
If you are traveling on a Basic Economy ticket and one of the following exceptions apply, you may carry on as usual:
- Customers are flying trans-Atlantic to or from the United States, Mexico, Central America, El Salvador, Panama, and South America.
- Customers are flying trans-Pacific to or from the United States.
- MileagePlus® Premier® members or companions were traveling on the same reservation.
- Primary cardholders of qualifying MileagePlus credit cards or Star Alliance Gold members.
The Ultimate Guide To Oversized Overweight and Extra Baggage
As per United aircraft has limited space and weight. They will be charge accordingly if you bring any oversized, overweight, or extra checked bags. they also combine multiple charges. As a result, if one bag is oversized, overweight, or exceeds the weight limit, we will charge for all three instances.
- Oversized baggage Policy- They can’t accept bags that measure (width + Length + height) more than 115 inches (292 centimetres) luggage.
- Overweight baggage Policy – United Airlines (UA) will charge the following fees for bags weighing more than 50 pounds (23 Kg) on domestic flights within the U.S.A.
How much does an extra bag on United Cost?
United Airlines will charge the following for U S domestic flights for bags that are the listed below -:
- 24 to 32 Kg or 51 to 70 pounds- per extra baggage fee – $100 USD
- 33 to 46 kg or 71 to 100 pounds per extra baggage charged -$400 USD
- United Airlines will not accept any Extra bag exceeding the weight of 46 kg or 100 pounds.
- You can use the United “Baggage Calculator services” to get the estimate of baggage fee and charged.
How Do I Add Extra Baggage After Booking?
You can Add extra baggage while booking your ticket or thereafter through manage my booking option and carry more than your free baggage allowance. This will give you a hassle-free experience at the airport. Also, you can add extra baggage at our city offices or contact united official 24*7 helpline Number.
- Extra Baggage Charged –The United Airlines extra baggage fee and charged is applicable from the Extra baggage and the fee range starts from $150USD.
United Airlines Checked Baggage Rules and Requirements
The most a standard checked bag can measure (length + width + height). As Per United Baggage Policy your checked baggage should not cross the limit of 62 Inches.
Sized and weight limitation for checked Baggage
|Travel Class of Service||Maximum Weight Per Baggage|
|United Economy Class Bag||23 kg (50 pounds)|
|United Business, United First, Polaris Business Class||32kg (70 pounds)|
Weight limits by MileagePlus status
|MileagePlus status||Maximum weight per bag|
|Premier Silver Premier Gold Premier Platinum Premier 1K®||32 kg (70 pounds)|
|Star Alliance Gold||70 pounds (32 kilograms) in Business 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in Economy|
Related – United Airlines Name Change