Last updated on October 26th, 2023 at 05:15 am
When we have to cancel our plans we often get sad, but the most stressful thing we think of is about canceling the tickets and losing all the ticket price. But not anymore, as airlines have a cancellation policy that allows travelers to cancel their booking within a specific time and only a certain fee will be deducted. However, Allegiant cancellation policy is also very convenient and flexible for passengers with a very nominal fee against the cancellation.
- Travelers can cancel their booking up to two hours before departure.
- Flyers can cancel the reservation within 24 hours of booking to get a refund.
- Allegiant allows flyers to cancel their standard or award tickets.
- Moreover, Allegiant cancellation fees depend on the destination, flight, and route.
- Travelers having TripFlex can cancel their booking up to the departure time without paying any additional charges.
- Passengers can claim compensation if the flight is disrupted because of Allegiant.
- To cancel the booking, passengers must request cancellation by Allegiant official handles only.
- Meanwhile, refunds are only eligible for refundable tickets only.
- Refunds will be credited to the original mode of payment. Allegiant also offers credit vouchers after cancellation if there is any due payment. These vouchers can be used for future flight bookings up to one year.
- Allegiant Airlines does not offer refunds for group booking cancellations.
- Moreover, Allegiant allows cancellation of the ticket of one particular passenger from the booking.
24-Hour Cancellation Rule on Allegiant
- Travelers are allowed to cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking free of charge, according to the Allegiant Air 24-hour cancellation policy.
- The policy is only applicable when the flight departure is seven days away at the time of booking and cancellation.
- Flyers with Allegiant’s refundable, non-refundable, and award tickets can take advantage of the policy. It is applicable on all fares.
- If passengers cancel their flight after 24 hours of booking, Allegiant will charge a cancellation fee, per their policy.
- However, if the flight booking is part of an Allegiant vacation package, only the qualified flights are eligible for a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- The bookings made with e-gift vouchers cannot use the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Also, if the booking contains more than 10 passengers, then the flyer should contact the airline.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy for Different Tickets
The airline allows canceling a ticket after a grace-free period for refundable fares only. However, when a passenger is having a TripFlex fare the airline will not charge any fee until the departure time.
- In cases, when flyers cancel their flight after 24 hours of booking, the airline charges a cancellation fee applicable to the tickets.
- Allegiant does not provide refunds for non-refundable tickets.
- For regular tickets, the airline offers travel credits which are equal to the remaining value of the ticket. The travel credit voucher is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Travelers can use the travel vouchers to book their next flight with Allegiant.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy With TripFlex
Purchasing TripFlex cover allows flyers a one-time chance to change or cancel their flight without paying any change or cancellation fee.
- However, TripFlex is payable and starts from $8 to $20, depending on the destination and travel route.
- Flyers can purchase the TripFlex at the time of booking only. The Tripflex fee is non-refundable.
- Passengers can make changes to their booking up to one hour before departure. In the case of air/hotel packages, flyers can modify it up to 72 hours before departure. After that, the standard cancellation fee will be charged by the Allegiant.
- TripFlex approves a one-time change or cancellation of the flight, even if the ticket is non-refundable.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
- The cancellation policy on Allegiant is the same for standard and award tickets.
- Once the passenger cancels the booking, they won’t get their award points back.
- But, they will be credited in the form of eCredit for reward journey value.
- Allegiant Airlines will charge $75 for canceling a booking with award tickets. However, if the passenger has purchased TripFlex with their award ticket, then Allegiant won’t charge a cancellation fee.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy in Case of Death or Illness
Allegiant is a low-cost airline. It offers cheap flight tickets. To sustain itself in the aviation industry it does not offer bereavement discounts or a full refund in case of illness.
There is no exception in the flight cancellation policy of Allegiant Air in case of death or illness.
Allegiant Same-day Cancellation
- Allegiant allows passengers to cancel their booking on the same day of departure, up to two hours before the scheduled departure.
- Travelers having a TripFlex fare can cancel up to one hour before departure for free.
- An additional cancellation fee is applicable for regular-fare passengers.
- For long-distance flights, Allegiant does not approve of canceling the booking.
How to Cancel a Flight Booking on Allegiant Airlines?
Travelers can cancel their flight booking through the official website, by phone call, or at the airport. But, if passengers have booked their flights through a travel agency, they cannot cancel the tickets directly via Allegiant platforms. Passengers should consult the travel agency for the cancellation
Cancellation Through the Manage My Booking
- Firstly, flyers must visit the official website of Allegiant Airlines.
- After that continue with the manage my booking feature.
- To proceed further, mention the confirmation number and passenger details.
- After accessing the Trip Summary online, choose the flight cancellation option.
- Click on ‘Cancel My Entire Trip’ from the menu options. passengers must choose the continue key to cancel the booking.
- When canceling after 24 hours of booking one has to pay for the cancellation fee if required.
- After cancellation, flyers will receive a confirmation mail to their mail address.
Cancel the Booking over a Phone Call
- Travelers can call the official helpline number of Allegiant.
- Now, follow the IVR instructions and choose the preferred key.
- After connecting with an agent, raise a request to cancel the flight booking. For more information, the executive will ask about the passenger’s details and reservation number.
- Now, the executive will cancel the booking, per the passengers’ requirements.
- After deducting the cancellation fee, the executive will share details at the registered e-mail address.
Visit the Airport Counter for Cancellation
There can be a chance that the online website is not working or the Allegiant helpline number is also not connecting. Or suppose, passengers change their plan at the last moment even after reaching the airport. In these cases, passengers can visit the airline counter to request for cancellation of the booking. The agent will assist travelers through the process. After canceling the ticket, passengers can fill out the refund form, if they are eligible for a refund.
Allegiant Air Cancellation Fee
- Allegiant Airlines does not charge any fees for tickets that are canceled within 24 hours of booking, for any fare type.
- However, after 24 hours a fee is applicable depending on the destination, cancellation time, and fare type.
- Allegiant charges a cancellation fee of $75 each way.
- According to the Allegiant Cancellation Policy, if the passenger has a TripFlex fare, the airline does not charge any additional fee.
Cancellation Policy on Allegiant in Case of Disruption
There can be a situation that leads to the cancellation of flights by the airline itself. This can be due to any reason, like
- Bad weather,
- Operational or safety issues,
- Political riots,
- Medical emergencies.
In such cases, Allegiant will provide an alternative flight for its passengers or compensation for the cancellation.
If Allegiant is at fault for the cancellation of the flight.
- Passengers will be provided with an alternative flight.
- The airline will provide complimentary meals and drinks at the airport for waiting passengers.
- Travelers won’t have to pay any extra charge for a change of flight.
- If passengers are not ready to board the next flight, the airline will provide compensation.
If the passenger does not take any action in 72 hours, Allegiant will cancel their itinerary and provide a credit voucher equal to the full value of the ticket.
What is the Allegiant Air Refund Policy?
- Allegiant Airlines offers a full refund to passengers who cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking. The refund will be in the form of the original payment mode.
- However, when the cancellation is after 24 hours of booking, the airline charges a fee and gives the refund in the form of travel credits. These refunded travel credits are equal to the ticket value minus the cancellation fee.
- According to Allegiant Refund Policy, TripFlex fare holders will get a complete refund in the form credit voucher.
- Moreover, the travel vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- If the Allegiant cancels the flight, travelers will get a full refund.
- Only qualified itineraries and packages are eligible for refund after cancellation within 24 hours of booking.
- After the grace period is over, travel, hotel packages, seat and baggage fees, carrier charges, and taxes are non-refundable.
- If the traveler misses their flight or does not show up, no credit voucher will be granted.
How to Make Refund Request on Allegiant?
- Travelers can ask for a refund on Allegiant via several methods, including call, official website, or email.
- The Allegiant team will approve after checking the details and will process the refund accordingly. Passengers might receive their refund within 7 to 20 business days.
- Allegiant takes 7 business days to transfer the refund for online payments.
- On the other hand, for tickets booked through cash, Allegiant takes up to 20 days.
Request Via a Phone Call
Flyers can call the Allegiant airline helpline number and request the agent to start the refund process by mentioning all the information related to their flight booking. If the ticket is eligible for a refund the executive will approve the refund request. Passengers will receive the refund in a maximum of 20 working days.
Request via the Official Website
- One can visit the official website.
- Then, from the homepage go to the manage my booking option.
- Access the trip details by mentioning the flight and passenger’s details.
- From the menu, choose the “Refund” option. If the ticket is eligible for a refund then only the option will be enabled.
- Fill out the details and submit the request for a refund.
Request for Refund by Email Assistance
- First, go to the customer request page on the official website.
- Mention the passenger’s information, like name, phone number, and registered mail address.
- From the box section, select yes, as it refers to the passenger wanting to claim a refund.
- Then, mention the reservation number.
- An agent will reply to the passenger in two or three business days.
- After approving the details, the executive will process the refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get a refund on Allegiant flights?
Yes, you can claim a refund on Allegiant when you cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, when you have a TripFlex fare, a complete refund will be provided in the form of credit vouchers.
Will I get a refund for non-refundable tickets under the Allegiant 24-hour cancellation policy?
Yes, you will get a complete refund if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of booking on Allegiant under the condition that your flight departure is seven days ahead.
What is the process to cancel the flight on Allegiant?
Travelers can cancel the flight by visiting the official website and completing the online process. Moreover, passengers can call the airline team to request to cancel their booking. Otherwise, one can go to the airport at the Allegiant counter to make the cancellations.
How much does Allegiant charge for cancellation?
However, when the traveler cancels the flight within 24 hours of booking the airline does not charge any fee. Yet, if the cancellation happens after 24 hours, a certain fee is chargeable according to the distance, and fare type. The average fee starts from USD 75 each way.
Can I cancel my award ticket on Allegiant?
Yes, you can cancel your award ticket with Allegiant Airlines. The process to cancel the ticket is similar to the cancellation of a standard ticket. You can call the airline or access the Manage Travel option online.
Does Allegiant refund the Allways reward points after cancellation?
No, Allegiant does not refund the Allways reward points redeemed for flight booking after the cancellation. Travelers will receive a credit voucher from Allegiant equal to the value of reward points.
What happens if Allegiant cancels the flight?
Allegiant will provide an alternative flight for its passengers or compensation for the cancellation. Passengers can also rebook the alternative flight on their own without paying any extra charges.
Does Allegiant offer a full refund in case of illness or death?
Allegiant does not have any exception for cancellation in the case of bereavement or illness. The standard rules of cancellation and refund will apply in case of death and illness.
Can I Cancel one person from my Allegiant flight booking?
Yes, you can cancel one person from your Allegiant flight booking. You can do it easily by visiting the official website and retrieving trip details through the Manage Travel option.
Check More: What is Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy?