Last updated on September 22nd, 2022 at 09:34 am
Have you made your reservation with United Airlines? But for some reason, you cannot reach the airport on time. Do not fret! As United Airlines offer its customers a same-day standby option.
So, if you are looking for the United Same Day Standby methods and policies, this blog post is for you with all the essential details.
Therefore, thoroughly read the blog below:
How Does The United Same Day Standby Flights Work?
Passengers waiting on the standby list notice immediate changes in the list. However, as per the airline, if you are the first one to ask for the seat on standby, it doesn’t mean that you will get it on a priority basis.
The airline offers seats by prioritizing the flyers on the waitlist according to the given order:
- Premier status of a flyer.
- Fare Class.
- Presidential Plus and Mileage Plus Club Cardholders.
- United Preferred Corporate Participants.
- United Chase Card Member whose Annual Spending is $25000.
- Time and Date request.
What Is the United Same Day Standby Policy?
- Passengers traveling with the basic economy ticket do not benefit from same-day flight change even if they are members of an elite class. However, passengers can Standby on another flight within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
- If a passenger is a member of Mileage Plus without the premier status, he will still be able to get a seat on other flights by paying the difference in fares. Therefore, the passenger has to fly within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure.
- Passengers who are the premium member have extra benefits for flight change within 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
- The airline offers premium member seat confirmation at no cost on another flight within 24 hours of initially scheduled departure.
- Flyers who have already checked in their luggage cannot put themselves on the standby list.
For further details on reservation changes, visit United Airlines Flight Change.
United Same Day Standby Guidelines for Missed Flight
Every airline in business is always ready to help its passenger whenever they miss their connecting flight, face delays in the flight, or miss the flight from their end.
The airline will always provide you with the alternative options which are best suited for you. Therefore, to know the best alternative read the guidelines below:
- Passengers can already check the alternative for a new flight for missed flights. And if a passenger finds an alternative flight, he/she can get their boarding pass immediately.
- Passengers can also rebook themselves in case of a missed flight or if the passenger faces delays from the end of the airline. Then also, passengers can rebook themselves or can ask the airport authorities to help them with the earliest rebooking.
- If you find flights that are leaving early but there is no availability of seats. In that case, also passengers can join the standby, and the airline will not cost you any extra fees.
- If you don’t find any earliest flight on the official site or the kiosk, you can stop near the gate at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure so that the agent available at the entrance can add you to the standby list.
- In case of flight cancellations, passengers can switch to the nearest airport if they find the flight best suited.
United Same Day Standby Using Airline’s Official Website
Traveling with United Airlines and wish to have same-day standby? Then, follow the given procedure to be on the standby list.
- First of all, visit the airline’s official site.
- Then, on the home screen, search for the Check-In option.
- Fill in the necessary details, such as your ticket confirmation number and last name.
- Click on the search button.
- After logging in, select the standby option from the menu.
- Then, the list of the next available flights will be on the screen.
- Select the flight which is best according to your preference.
- Confirm the changes.
- Afterward, you will be added to the flight list you have chosen.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation with your seat number on your registered contact number or email address.
How To Get Customer Assistance for United Same Day Standby?
Travelers who cannot make changes using the airline’s official site can request the changes via customer support. For that, carefully follow the given procedure:
- Firstly, you have to visit the airline’s official site.
- Then, on the home screen, scroll down the page and search for the Help and Center tab.
- Click on the tab.
- Afterward, scroll down the page and click on the ‘Call Us’ Or ‘Chat With Us’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘Call Us,’ you will connect to the airline.
- Then, carefully listen to the airline’s IVR menu to get customer assistance.
- Now, tell the agent your query and necessary details, such as your flight confirmation number and last name.
- Further, the agent will guide you with the next available flights for your standby.
- Now you can choose from the given options for your same-day standby.
- Confirm the changes.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation on your number registered with the airlines.
United Same Day Standby at The Airport
In case a passenger who has arrived at the airport early can ask the airlines to provide them with a seat on the early flight on the same day. Likewise, flyers who have missed their flight and specifically want a standby can request it at the airport.
On the same day, standby passengers will get confirmation only when their seats will get confirmed on the waitlist provided by the airlines. For that, they can apply with the help of the agent present at the ticket counter.
United Same Day Standby Using Kiosk
- Firstly, you have to visit the nearest airport.
- Then, at the airport, make changes using the KIOSK machine.
- Enter your personal details, such as your ticket number and last name.
- Afterward, the itinerary will appear on the screen.
- Select the flight and click the ‘View Flights’ option to add yourself to the standby waitlist.
- Once you get added to the list, your first three letters of first and last name will appear on the screen near the gate.
- At last, depending on the availability of the seats, the airline will assign you a seat on domestic flight 30 minutes before the scheduled departure. At the same time, for an international flight, the passenger will get a seat 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.
As mentioned above, United Same Day Standby travelers can fly on the earliest flight than the original flight ticket, depending on the priority basis.
The airline can put its travelers on standby in case of flight cancelation due to some technical issue, bad weather, and many other concerns.
The United Same Day Standby passengers will not get the seat on standby on a first-come and first-serve basis.