Last updated on October 26th, 2022 at 07:17 am
There can be instances in life when you need to make same-day changes to your booked flight. Spirit can change your flight in a number of ways, depending on your preferences and requirements. Read this blog as it covers all the information regarding Spirit same day flight change policy and also the charges and procedure.
Flight Change Policy for Spirit on the Same Day
The airline knows that after making reservations, travelers may encounter unforeseen issues or difficulties. It is possible to avoid a change fee if passengers make changes within 24 hours of booking. Therefore, it may be convenient for you if you follow the Spirit change flight same-day or 24-hour policy.
- You can amend your Spirit Airlines reservation up to one hour before departure on the original flight date.
- However, the newly reserved flight must travel on the same routes and between the same airports as the original reservation.
- After checking in online or offline, the customer can’t select an earlier flight.
- It is not possible to change long-haul flights same-day, and customers will have to pay a change fee according to their fare type in addition to the fare difference.
- Certain passengers might choose to sign up for the airline’s standby list in compliance with the same-day change policy. They can pay the sum of $99 to do this.
Also check: Spirit Airlines Rebooking Policy
Steps to change a Spirit Flight on the Same Day
Passengers can make changes online and offline. Please follow these instructions to update your Southwest Airlines flight bookings online:
- Firstly, visit the Spirit Airlines official website.
- Secondly, select the Change/Cancel option.
- Enter your confirmation number and last name to retrieve your flight reservation.
- Press the Search button.
- Select the flight you want to change, then click Select new flights.
- A round-trip ticket will display both your departure and return locations.
- After selecting your flight, make the necessary changes and confirm them.
- Finally, once you confirm, you receive a confirmation mail and msg on your registered email address and phone number.
Note – If you booked your flight through a travel agency or website, contact them and request changes to your flight reservation.
Change fee and details for Spirit same-day flights
- Some of you might have made reservations on or after April 5, 2021. For the changes you make in this situation, there will be a charge.
- There are no costs for any changes to reservations made before the stated date.
- Changing your reservation online can cost you almost $90.
- At the airport, over the phone, by text message, etc., you can make offline modifications.
- If you must deposit a change charge, it may total roughly $100.
- Spirit may charge the holders of Award Tickets a fee equal to $110.
- Round-trip changes may cost you around $40.
- One-way trip changes may cost you around $25.
|Days Left Before Departure||Spirit Change Fees ($)|
|7 – 59||$49|
|3 – 6||$79|
|0 – 2||$99|
Spirit Airlines’ Terms & Conditions for Same-day Flight Changes
- Changing the departure date is the only change a traveler can make.
- It is not possible to change your flight from a stopover to a nonstop flight.
- There must be new flights serving the same route if you’re taking the same dates.
- A traveler may select an earlier flight. Only if the earlier or next flight that is available has a seat at the same price.
- You might also have to pay the cost difference if you change your flight’s route on the same day.
Flight Flex – Spirit Flight Changes for Free
Plans can change. On spirit.com, you can find Flight Flex on the Extras page. With Flight Flex, you’ll be able to change your itinerary once online, up to 24 hours before departure, without having to pay a change fee.
In addition to any change in government taxes and levies, the customer must pay any difference in airfare and optional services.
- Flight Flex is only available for initial flight-only reservations made on spirit.com and through a select few travel agents via Spirit Airlines Travel Agent Portal.
- All travelers on the reservation must purchase Flight Flex.
- A previous reservation will not be eligible for Flight Flex.
- You can waive one modification charge when you purchase Flight Flex.
- Only the booking’s time, date, and/or origin, and destination can be changed. Spirit.com requires changes to be made more than 24 hours before your departure.
- Any changes that are made with less than 24-hour notice are subject to regular change fees. At the time of the changes, the new date, time, or origin/destination must be known.
- It’s possible that not all flights provide the option to purchase this extra service.
Spirt airlines give flexibility to the passengers to make changes within the risk-free window. Passengers need to ensure that they should read Spirit same-day flight change policy to proceed further with the request. Passengers need to call customer care if they face any challenges to make the changes.
Within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time, Spirit Airlines allows you to change your flight plans without incurring a cost.
- It is possible to make changes to the itinerary up to an hour before departure.
- Passengers who cancel a flight reservation within 24 hours or less of its departure date will receive a full refund in the original method of payment.
Within 24 hours of the initial booking, Spirit Airlines customers can change their flight plans.
- When a passenger makes changes to an existing reservation within 24 hours, the changes are considered to be a same-day flight change.
- For requests for same-day flight changes, Spirit Airlines has a different set of rules.
- Any traveler may make changes to their flight tickets from Spirit Airlines Customer Service under this policy.
- Additionally, it's the final hour before the scheduled flights.
- However, there are some fees that a traveler must cover.
- The cost to change a flight on the same day also depends on the fare type.
- In essence, the cost to change a flight on the same day ranges from $90 to $150.