If you are looking for a comfier trip with comfortable seating at a budget-friendly price on a flight, then you can opt for Spirit Airlines upgrades. The airlines offer the best seating for all domestic and international routes. Also, they allow upgradation to their Big Front or Emergency exit row seat at a nominal price. However, to grab the seat upgrade at half of the price, then you can opt for Seat Bid. Thus, for a complete overview, dig into the article and understand to grab a seat with extra legroom and various benefit at an affordable price.
Before going through the process of seat upgradation, there are some seat upgrade norms that you must know before getting an upgraded seat in the cabin.
- Seat upgradation for any passenger depends on seat availability. If the seats are full, then you cannot opt for upgradation.
- Per the rules, if you are looking for a seat upgradation right after booking the ticket, then you can visit the official website to modify the booking.
- If you wish to upgrade your seat within 24 hours of departure, then you can make the upgradation while doing online check-in.
- If you are planning to go for seat upgradation at the airport, then you can visit the helpdesk or while online check-in. However, the upgradation is only allowed 90 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers can also go for seat upgradation by calling the official representative.
- Spirit Airlines upgrades does charge a fee for the assignment of seats.
- Spirit Airlines seat upgrade cost depends on the seat you choose.
- You can book a Big Front or Emergency row seat with the upgrade policy.
- The member who falls under the Spirit Airlines Frequent Flyer program can grab a free exit row seat when booking/check-in.
Spirit Airlines offers two seat upgrading options to their passengers.
The Big Front Seat is for passengers seeking extra comfort with extra legroom. This seat has a pitch of 36 inches and a width of 18.5 inches, and you get up to 11 inches of additional legroom space. You can upgrade this seat to your basic seat by paying a fee. Although, these seats are pretty expensive.
The exit room seat offers up to 10 inches of extra legroom space. These seats are the same as the Big Front seat. However, when the passenger is looking for a Spirit Airlines seat upgrades, their first choice is an Exit row seat because these seats are comparatively cheap than the big front. Also, you must fulfill Spirit Airlines’ requirements to grab an exit row seat.
Spirit Airlines’ seat upgradation depends on seat availability in your preferred cabin. To choose your desired seat, you need to look at the upgradation process in various ways.
Firstly, you need to check the time of your upgradation, then choose your procedure based on your timeline.
Passengers who wish to go for seat upgradation 24 before the flight’s scheduled departure or after booking the ticket can have a look.
- Visit the official website of Spirit Airlines, or the link is https://www.spirit.com/.
- On the upper left corner of the homepage, Navigate and click on My Trips.
- In the “Find My Trip” section, enter your last name and confirmation code.
- The confirmation code is available in your confirmation mail.
- Click on continue, and you will be redirected to an extra purchase and upgrade option.
- Go to Add or Modify seats. Select the upgraded seat of your choice.
- Make the necessary payment for the upgrade.
- Ultimately, the airlines will send you a confirmation of your seat upgradation.
Spirit Airlines allow you to upgrade even at the time of online check-in. This upgradation can only occur when there are only 24 hours left for the departure flight.
- Go to Spirit Airlines Official website, i.e., https://www.spirit.com/
- Click on the “Check-in” option on the top left.
- In the “check-in online,” Enter the passenger’s last name and confirmation code.
- The confirmation code is available in the booking confirmation mail.
- Tap on Check-in. Navigate and click on the seat upgradation option and choose your desired seat.
- Although the check-in process is free, but you need to pay for the seat upgradation.
- After choosing the seat, follow the screen instruction and make the payment.
- Once you complete the payment procedure, you will receive a boarding pass with the changes made.
Spirit also offers seat upgradation by calling their customer assistance.
- Make a call to Spirit Airlines customer care representative. The number is 855-728-3555.
- After calling, follow the IVR instructions and request seat upgradation.
- Dial the required number and wait until you are connected to an airline representative.
- Present all the necessary flight detail and choose your desired seat for upgradation.
- After choosing, pay the required fee.
- Once you make the payment, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered mail id.
Apart from all these procedures, you can also download the app and make the necessary upgradation to your seat.
- Download the “Spirit Airlines” app from the app store or play store.
- After downloading, open the app.
- Enter the passenger’s last name and confirmation code under the “already have a reservation” section.
- Tap on Find My Trip. Your flight detail will appear.
- Check in for the flight and go to update or modify info.
- Tap on seat upgradation and select your preferred seat.
- Make the required payment for your upgrade.
- After payment, your boarding pass will appear on the screen with the changes done.
The Airlines do charge some fees for a seat upgradation. Although the Spirit Airlines seat upgrades cost depends on the destination, class, and seat demand. Thus, the pricing of upgradation the airlines offer are as follows:
- Spirit offers pricing for upgrading to Big Front Seat, around $12 to $250, but you often see a range of $50 to $170. For busy routes, the pricing even reaches $200 or more.
- The pricing typically starts from $25 to $40 for the Exit Row seat upgrade.
Spirit offers passengers a great discount on the seat upgrade. Airlines make the passenger bid for their choice. However, the passenger can only upgrade their seat by purchasing it earlier. Thus, using this SeatBid, travelers can obtain a seat at a lower price than the original price. To know the complete seat bidding process, look at the steps below.
Before making a SeatBid on Spirit Airlines, you must go through the conditions for a smooth interface.
- To be eligible for SeatBid or Instant Level-up, you must attain the age of 18 or older.
- Spirit does not provide any assurance on accepting your SeatBid or on the seat assignment.
- After submitting a SeatBid, the passenger agrees that their biding will be open for acceptance till 2 hours before the departure. However, you can withdraw the bidding at any time but before the approval by Spirit.
- Once the approval comes, you are bound to buy the ticket, and even if you don’t avail as per the requirements, you will get a charge on your Credit card with all the taxes.
- Additionally, if you make an offer for “Instant Level-up” and the airlines accept it. Then you are bound to purchase it. Also, your credit card will be charged along with taxes.
- The SeatBid or Instant Level-up cannot be reallocated to any other passenger.
- On bidding, the airlines do not give any miles.
- The first step is to check whether the flight is eligible for a seat upgradation. For checking, visit the official website or click this link: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/Spirit
- If your flight is eligible, then make an offer on https://upg.stage.plusgrade.com/marketing/partner/FxvfarNK?apiKey=Wt4WUIyMgdw584fL1ByleAgW
- Enter the passenger’s last name and confirmation number. Click on Place an Offer.
- Choose a Big Front or Exit Row seat.
- Make the bidding by choosing a standard amount. Enter your credit card details.
- After making the bidding, you need to wait for some time. However, there is no surety for the seat upgradation.
- If you win the bidding, the airline will send you the upgradation mail and cut the necessary charges from your card.
Alternatively, you can go with “Instant Level-up” if you don’t want to wait in the SeatBid process. This feature will assign you the seat immediately after you make the bidding.
Suppose the SeatBid or Instant Level-up you made is accepted by Spirit Airlines, and due to unforeseen circumstances, the airline cannot provide the upgraded seat on the same flight or in a different one due to the cancellation of a current flight. Then, the amount charged by the airlines for the SeatBid or Instant Level-up will be refunded to your credit card. Spirit Airlines is only liable to pay these amounts.
How to get a Free Seat Upgrade with Spirit Frequent Flyer?
If you are traveling frequently on Spirit Airlines and are a member of Spirit Savers Club, then you will get various benefits. One of the benefits you get is a free seat upgrade. But these free upgrades can only give you a seat in Exit-row, and also, for this, the seat must be available within three hours before the departure. However, you must fall under their elite status for free Spirit Airlines upgrades, i.e., Gold or Silver.
- For Silver elite members, the passengers can only receive a free seat at an Exit Row if available within 3 hours before departure.
- Gold elite members get a bit more advantage as they can grab the Exit row seat at the booking.
Frequently Asked Questions – Spirit Airlines Upgrades
Spirit Airlines offers seats for the upgradation to their passengers, are the Big Front Seat and the emergency exit row seat.
Yes, you can upgrade the Spirit Airlines seat after purchase. Visit the official website, and enter details. Go to Add or Modify the seat and look for the seat upgrade. Finally, pay the charges, and the airlines will send you a confirmation mail.
On Spirit Airlines SeatBid, passengers can bid for the seat to upgrade. For bidding, you need to fill in the details on the official website. Then the airlines will accept the bidding depending on the luck. If the airlines accept your bid, you get a Big Front seat upgrade cheaper than the original price.
The Instant Level-up means that after bidding for the seat, you have the chance to get the seat upgrade immediately. After the selection, you are bound to make the purchase.
You won’t see a big difference in big front seats. However, passengers enjoy just an extra inch leg room space in the big front compared to the emergency exit row seat.
The airlines offer free upgrades to their Free Spirit program member. However, these upgrades are only limited to the Emergency exit row seat. You won’t get a free seat upgrade to the Big Front.
To make a seat upgrade on Spirit, you can visit the official website, during online check-in, via phone call, or through the Spirit Airlines app.
To get an upgrade on the emergency exit row, you must fulfill the restrictions mentioned: The passengers are above the age of 15 years; can read, hear and understand the instructions; are always willing to help and have sufficient strength in the body; can able to lift 34 pounds and open the emergency exit gate.
Spirit Airlines seat upgrade costs for the Big Front seating start from $12 to $250. But you may see the range between $50 to $170 while booking. However, the price even reaches $200 or more for the busy routes.
The seat upgrade cost on Spirit Airlines for the Emergency Exit row is way cheaper than Big Front. These emergency seats usually range between $25 to $40.