Last updated on July 13th, 2023 at 11:57 am
Passengers often get late due to unavoidable situations and miss their flights. Therefore, missing a flight can lead to a waste of time and money. Many airlines have services allowing passengers to save a lot of money and rebook a flight with a nominal charge. Southwest missed flight service also allows passengers to book again at a given time period. However, there are some procedures and restrictions which every passenger has to follow if they miss the Southwest flight. For more details, read this article to learn more about the Southwest missed flight policy.
Highlights of Southwest Missed Flight
Per the Southwest missed flight policy, passengers can board the next available flight if they arrive at the airport within two hours of departure of their original flight. Passengers can inform Southwest Airlines in advance if they know they might miss the flight. The airline would help them by rebooking the flight and will accommodate the next flight. The flight might be a direct or a connecting flight. Moreover, no extra charges will be applicable.
- Only passengers who are eligible for the flat tire policy are acceptable to get a booking on the standby flight.
- Passengers with refundable tickets are only eligible to get missed flight refunds.
- The airline also offers points as a refund that will be useful for future bookings. However, it is only for refundable tickets.
- Members of the Southwest frequent flyer program might be offered special advantages if they miss their fight.
- Make sure to inform the airline as soon as they know about their flight getting missed.
What to Do in the Case of Southwest Missed Flight?
- Inform the airlines quickly about the missed flight to the airline staff. This can be helpful to arrange the Southwest missed flight standby for the airline.
- For instance, if the airline is unable to acquire a standby flight for the passengers or their schedule does not match with the referred flight, passengers can book again.
- This is possible after the cancelation process for the missed flight. Though passengers might not receive a refund for the missed flight, but can try by giving a valid and genuine reason.
Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy
No-show means when the passenger does not arrive at the airport for the flight. However, missing a flight is also considered a no-show for Southwest Airlines. This policy is for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- The airline does not charge any fee for refundable tickets. If the airline asks to pay a certain fee for not boarding the flight and the passengers fail to do so, the upcoming booking will be canceled.
- Business select or anytime fare passengers can cancel their booking 10 minutes before departure in situations like a no-show. Else, the ticket refund will be credited to the passenger’s travel credit.
- For wanna get away or wanna get away plus bookings, the full ticket price will be a waste, as they are not refundable tickets.
- If the members of the reward travel club do not arrive at the airport and miss the flight, the point will go on a rapid account of the member.
Southwest Missed Connecting Flight Policy
Passengers might miss their connecting flight because of their own fault, or it can be because of the airline. Thus, depending upon the reason for missing the flight, the airline either books the flight again or compensates with a refund.
- If the passenger misses their connecting flight because of the airline, like some technical issue or breakdown. The airline will book the next alternative flight again or will compensate you with a refund. The passengers have the option to choose between the cancel or book again the next available flight tickets. Moreover, passengers will get a complete refund with refundable tickets.
- When passengers miss their connecting flight because of their fault, the airline offers to book the flight again and will charge an extra fee for the Southwest missed flight.
- Passengers have to inform the airline soon when they miss the connecting flight so that they can arrange the best options for them.
How to Rebook for Southwest Missed Flight?
The airline offers passengers to rebook their missed flight if they reach the airport within two hours of departure of the original flight. Passengers can book again through modes like online and offline. Therefore, at first, check if the passenger is eligible to rebook a flight or not.
Online Process to Rebook
- Visit the official website.
- On the homepage, click on ‘My Trips.’
- Enter the confirmation number, first name, and the last name.
- Click on it to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Reebok flight.’
- Now enter the flight details, such as the origin and the destinations.
- Afterward, choose your desired flight from the list of options available.
- Tap on Book Again and make the payment for rebooking if asked.
- Finally, the airline will send you the confirmation of your rebooking.
Over a Phone Call
- Passengers can call the support team of Southwest Airlines.
- Follow the IVR instructions carefully, and soon will be connected to the live representative.
- Inform the representative about the missed Southwest flight and let them know all the necessary information.
- By this, the representative will help in the best possible way to rebook your flight.
At Airport Help Desk
The best offline method to get the best solution for Southwest missed flight is to visit the Southwest Airline Helpdesk. Especially if you are on the way to the airport or have reached the airport and come to know that you missed your flight, don’t worry; just visit the airline helpdesk to get the most reliable solution. Inform the representative at the help desk and provide all your details and ask to rebook your flight.
Fee for Southwest Missed Flight
The airline charges a specific amount for missing a Southwest flight. However, the airline books the flight for the destination if passengers reach the airport within two hours of departure of the scheduled flight. Yet, the airline might charge a fee for missing a flight if the tickets are non-refundable. The average charge for missing a flight varies between $75 to $400 per passenger.
Refunds for Southwest Missed Flight
Passengers with refundable tickets can claim a refund that too under the circumstances mentioned in the no-show Southwest missed flight policy. Apart from this, passengers can inform the airlines in advance and can claim a refund. However, passengers might get a complete refund after deducting the Southwest missed flight fee.
When passengers claim a refund for any canceled or missed flight, a certain process is to be followed by the passenger.
- Passengers have to write to the refund department of Southwest Airlines a request for compensation.
- Mention all the necessary details for claiming a refund from the airline with the flight details.
- The airline will contact the passengers against the request and will process the refund accordingly.
What if passengers miss a flight because of Southwest Airlines?
When passengers miss their flight because of a fault from the airline, they are eligible to get a complete refund or get a booking on the next available flight. Somehow, if flights are available for the next day, the airline will accommodate the passengers with a hotel stay and complimentary meals. It is especially for connecting flights.
Southwest Airlines states that any mishappening can occur at any moment, and the airline does not charge any missed flight fee from the passengers. Although, the required compensation and refunds will be provided by the airline that comforts the passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if you miss your Southwest flight?
Because of any situation, if passengers miss their Southwest flight, the airline offers to book the flight again if passengers reach the airport within two hours of departure of the original departure time. However, the airline might charge a missed flight fee.
When passengers miss their flight because of a fault from the airline, they are eligible to get a complete refund or get a booking on the next available flight. Therefore, no extra charges will be applicable to the passengers.
According to the Southwest missed flight policy, passengers who missed their flight can rebook their flight if they arrive at the airport within two hours of the original departure time. Else, if passengers inform the airline in advance about their missing flight, the airline might refund the tickets to the passengers with a certain charge as missed flight fee.
The airline offers a refund for passengers with refundable tickets in accordance with a no-show policy. Though, there might be a certain charge for missing a flight. Else, if they inform the airline in advance, passengers might claim for a refund.
The airline offers a few modes from where passengers can rebook their flight by visiting the official website and following some steps, or by calling the support team of the airline and requesting the executive to complete the process on behalf of them, and lastly by visiting the airport counter of the Southwest airlines.
The airline charges a specific amount for missing a Southwest flight. The average charge for missing a flight varies between $75 to $400 per passenger.
No-show means when the passenger does not arrive at the airport for the flight. However, missing a Southwest flight will count as a no-show for Southwest Airlines. This policy is for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
Flat tire in Southwest is a policy that states to help the passengers if, due to any situation, they fail to arrive at the airport for their flight. The airline books again the next flight for the same destination at no additional charges.
Per the Southwest missed connecting flight policy, passengers might miss their connecting flight because of their own fault, or it can be because of the airline. Thus, depending upon the reason for missing the flight, the airline either books the flight again or compensates with a refund.
For non-refundable tickets, Southwest does not compensate with any refunds. Even if the passengers inform the airlines in advance, then also they will not get a refund.