Last updated on November 2nd, 2023 at 09:31 am
Delta Airlines makes it simple to modify, rebook, or cancel a flight online. So, if you find yourself in a situation where Delta has canceled your flight, then you’re in luck. That is to say, rebooking flights on Delta is a straightforward process because of their customer-oriented services. So, read our comprehensive “Rebook Cancelled Flight Delta Airlines” guide below to get a solution.
Delta Rebooking Policy
- After you purchase your flight ticket, the Delta Rebooking policy is intended to provide you with a little extra comfort.
- Within 24 hours after your initial purchase, you can alter the flight’s date, airport of departure, and departure city.
- You should speak with a Delta customer support staff representative to make the changes.
- You should cancel your flight as soon as possible to avoid paying a fee.
- Basic economy tickets are exempt from the new rule, which is in effect for all tickets, regardless of class.
- Airline credits and tickets typically have a one-year expiration date, but Delta extended its dates until 2022.
- Delta’s rebooking policy is in effect until September 2022 and applies to all passengers who booked flights between April 3 and later.
- This policy will also cover existing travel credits for canceled flights between March and May 2020, which will be automatically extended until September 2022.
How do I rebook a canceled Delta Airlines flight?
Customers can contact customer care service if there is a difficulty or issue when rebooking on Delta Airlines. The customer care service staff is on hand around the clock to help you with your problems.
By calling the customer care number, you can also speak with a customer care service agent who will be able to provide you with plenty of assistance with rebooking your flight with the airline. A few options for rescheduling a canceled flight on Delta Airlines will be discussed.
In addition, travelers can modify their flight ticket booking using eCredit by following the comprehensive instructions provided below:
- Navigate the Delta Airlines official website by first opening a web browser.
- Passengers must have their PNR or flight ticket number to change their flight as they see fit.
- When you make your reservation, you can look for the same information in the airline’s email.
- Track down the email with the flight ticket receipt in it.
- You can find the eCredit at delta.com/redeem as the next step.
- A look-up option will appear; select it.
- Select “Look up” on the page after entering the necessary data in the field.
- After finding it on the page, you must enter your first and last name from the ticket to validate your eCredit.
- To move ahead, select the Add option.
- Select the eCredit you want to use, then click the continue button on the page that pops up at the bottom to continue looking for the flights you want to book with Delta Airlines.
- Examine your flight reservation, then go to the payment section.
- You can check the value of your eCredit here.
- To complete your purchase, you must finish making the necessary payments.
Now that you know how to rebook a canceled flight Delta Airlines let’s discuss some of their guidelines regarding this process.
Terms & Conditions
Rebooking flights is simple if Delta cancels your flight or there is a delay of more than 30 minutes. Delta will reroute your bags to whichever flight you choose when you rebook your flight, and you will have access to the same flight options that our agents do. Rebook your flight as often as necessary to get where you’re going.
- You are entitled to make new reservations if your flight is delayed for more than 30 minutes or canceled and it was operated by Delta, a joint venture partner, a SkyTeam or codeshare partner, or another airline with whom Delta has a contract.
- Due to the check-in window, domestic flights with departure times within 30 minutes and international flights with departure times within 60 minutes won’t be displayed.
- This rebooking option is unavailable to customers with itineraries connected to unaccompanied minors, group travel, or cruise bookings.
- Customers leaving from Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) or Paris-Charles De Gaulle cannot rebook either (CDG).
- If customers want to stand by for an earlier or later flight, they cannot rebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
On delta.com, travelers can chat with a live reservations agent or a Delta Virtual Assistant. You can also visit our needs help page to find the solutions to your questions.
Travelers can chat with Delta employees on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin. However, the customer care service team is accessible during business hours.
The cost of rebooking a cancelled flight, whether you purchased a refundable or non-refundable ticket, will affect Delta Airlines. If your ticket is refundable, you can make changes without paying extra. Additionally, the cost of a non-refundable flight may be between $200 and $500, depending on the destination and the cost of the new versus the previous flight.
In order to change your Delta flight, access your reservation through the My Trips section on the official site. From there, you can apply for a flight change.
More on Delta Airlines on Mytrippolicy: