Have you booked your flight ticket with JetBlue? But while making the booking, you weren’t able to select seats. Don’t panic! As passengers on JetBlue can’t select seats sometimes because of some bugs and technical issues.
So, to know the next best step for your seat selection, thoroughly read the blog given below.
Does JetBlue Not Allow its Passenger to Select Seats?
Seat selection for a JetBlue flight can be conveniently done via the JetBlue Airways Manage Booking facility. Are you facing any issues in selecting seats on JetBlue? Do Not Fret! As this could be due to some technical issues or bugs from the airline’s end.
Or sometimes it happens that the fare class in which you are traveling doesn’t allow you to select seats.
But at the same time, JetBlue states that passengers traveling with the Blue Basic ticket are not eligible to select their seats. Meanwhile, it allows its passenger to choose their seat by paying a minimal seat selection fee.
What Is the Next Best Step in Case JetBlue Seat Selection Isn’t Working?
In case you are not able to make a selection of seats, then do not panic, as you can contact customer assistance. Therefore, given below is the procedure that will help you to select your choice of seats.
- First of all, you have to visit the airline’s official website.
- Then, on the homepage, scroll down the screen and search for the ‘Contact Us’ option.
- Click on the tab.
- Afterward, click on the contact number to connect with the airline.
- Now, carefully listen to the IVR menu to connect with the airline’s customer support agent.
- Then, tell your query to the customer agent in detail.
- The customer agent will ask you for your personal details, such as the ticket confirmation number and your last name.
- Now, the agent will help you with the seat selection on your current booking.
- Confirm the changes.
- Make the necessary payment.
- In the end, you will receive the confirmation on your registered number or email address.
Live Chat for When Passengers on JetBlue Can’t Select Seats
- Firstly, you have to visit the official site of the airline.
- Then, on the homepage, scroll down the screen and search for the ‘Contact Us’ tab.
- Click on the tab.
- Afterward, scroll down, and click on the given options to start the live chat with the airline’s live agent.
- Then, fill in the necessary details to start the process.
- Now, you can explain your query in detail in the live chat.
- Then, the agent will take a few minutes to reply.
- At last, after getting the solution to your query. Then, passengers can exit the group.
JetBlue Seat Selection Policy
- JetBlue doesn’t allow its passenger to select their seats in advance under any cabin class without any fees or charges.
- Passengers traveling with the Blue Basic ticket can select their seats within 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
- As per the airline, passengers traveling with Blue Basic tickets can carry a single personal item. At the same time, Passengers with these tickets are the last ones to board the flight.
- JetBlue charges a fee for selecting a seat in advance ranging from $5 – $25 before 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
- The airline will randomly assign a seat at check-in time if a traveler doesn’t select a seat.
- If a passenger needs last-minute assistance with seats, then they can contact the airport authorities.
Seat Specifications JetBlue
No one wants to lose their hard-earned money. So, before selecting a seat, one must know the specifications JetBlue provides to its customers. Therefore, the measurements which are given below for the seats vary according to the aircraft.
|Types Of Seats & Its Measurements|
|Economy||Even More Space||Mint Standard||Mint Suite|
|Pitch: 32”Width: 17.8”||Pitch: 35” – 41”Width: 17.8”||Bed: 58”/ 80”Width: 20.5”||Bed: 60”/ 80”Width: 22”|
As mentioned above, passengers who cannot select their seat while making a reservation are due to the airlines facing some technical issues or bugs.
But to solve this problem, passengers can contact the airline’s customer assistance or can opt for the live chat option to resolve the query.
JetBlue charges a fee ranging from $5 - $25 for advance seat selection. At the same time, passengers who are making a reservation can select their seat within 24 hours of booking at no additional cost.
As noted above, passengers traveling with a Blue Basic ticket can make a selection only 24 hours before the scheduled departure at no cost. At the same time, passengers traveling with Blue Basic tickets are only allowed to carry one personal item with them while traveling.