Last updated on November 29th, 2023 at 06:57 am
Are you looking for how to change a Southwest flight for only one person? If so! Then, you are at the right place. Southwest allows its passengers to make changes for one person in a group booking or reservations with more than a single passenger. In this blog, you will find information on how to change Southwest flight for only one person.
Are Passengers Allowed to Change the Southwest Flight For Only One person?
- Southwest allows passengers to change their booking for one person by contacting customer support.
- They can also use the live chat function via the southwest official mobile app.
A customer representative will assist you through the process of changing flight bookings. In addition, they are available round the clock to assist passengers in need.
How to Change a Southwest Flight for Only One Person?
Since the outbreak, their policy adjustments have made it even simpler to save money on your upcoming Southwest flights.
In addition, there are various options such as live chat support, call, and airport counter option to change the flight for one person only.
Via Customer Live Chat Support
- Firstly, visit the official website of southwest airlines in your browser or open it in the app and then log in to your account.
- Then, visit its homepage and scroll down to the contact us option.
- Then, click on the chat button available on the site to chat with the southwest bot.
- Select the query that you want to resolve from the available option.
- Then, the airline will try to resolve your query in no time.
- Ask him to make changes to your single ticket on your behalf.
- The live bot will change your itinerary if you are eligible for changes.
- Make the required payment for changes, and you will get an updated e-ticket in your registered mail.
Sometimes, passengers are not allowed to change their flight online, but they can change through customer support with ease.
Passengers should know the customer support number or how to retrieve it from the website. Thus, follow the given steps given below:
- Firstly, visit the Southwest official website.
- Now, look for the Contact Us option on the homepage of Southwest.
- Afterward, dial the number on your keypad and get in touch with the representative.
- Then, follow the IVR instructions to continue to change your flight tickets for one customer.
- Provide the agent with the required details of your ticket once you get connected with him.
- Next, make the necessary payment for changes you make in your bookings.
- Now, wait for the confirmation of the changes you made to your southwest ticket.
- Once the changes are confirmed, you will receive the e-ticket with the changes.
At the Airport Counter
- If passengers cannot connect through customer support, they can first visit the airport counter.
- And ask the representative about how to change the Southwest flight for only one person.
- Give him the details of your bookings in which you need to make changes.
- Allow him to change your single ticket on your behalf.
- Make the needed payment for the changes, and ask him for the updated ticket.
Southwest Change flight Policy
Within 24-hours Window
Southwest Airlines typically charges a fee if you want to change your flight. However, the cost varies depending on how soon you wish to change your flight.
Southwest offers one of the most lenient rules for rescheduling a flight. Up to 24 hours before departure, you can change your flight at no charge. If you wish to change your schedule after that, Southwest costs $75 per ticket. This implies that all other travelers will be required to pay $75 if you have a set of flights booked together and just one person wishes to change flights.
Related: Southwest Airlines Flight Change
Beyond 24-hours Window
After this first 24-hour period, Southwest provides two options if your schedule allows once more:
If you want to cancel your trip altogether and rebook it at a later time, you can do so by paying $150 per change by the Southwest Flight Change Policy. This fee applies even if you had paid $75 for a prior effort to change your ticket.
Southwest offers one free modification within seven days of the original departure date if you’re still interested in traveling on another day but only want an earlier or later departure time (itinerary should be rescheduled within the first 14 days of initial purchase).
What is the Southwest Flight Change Fee?
Southwest does not make a hype of not imposing change fees on its passengers. Some airlines charge fees of up to $150. When traveling with children, it’s especially group to have the established flexibility of understanding you can alter your trip.
There won’t be a problem if you need to cancel a Southwest points reservation. Your Rapid Rewards account receives instant credit for your points. However, as you had to use cash or credit to cover the $6 necessary government security fee, your refund will be given in the form of travel credit. In order to reuse each set of travel money in the future, make sure to write down the reservation number and the person’s name.
So, the above-given information will help you regarding how to change Southwest flight for only One person.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to cancel a person of a booking, you need to contact the reservation department. Passengers can even reach through the live chat option on the website and mobile app. The representative will assist you through the cancelation process.
Southwest does not charge a fee for changing southwest flight tickets. Southwest Airlines understands its passengers and their need to change their flight tickets if necessary. However, you must pay the fare difference if your new flight with changes is costing you more than your previous flight.
If you want to make changes for one person in your southwest booking, you need to contact the agents over the phone, or you can live chat with the southwest bot.
Same-day changes will let you swap the tickets on your travel date for an earlier flight. It can only happen if there are available seats & also your destination and origin airport are the same. However, you can also change to a later flight if early flights are unavailable.