Human beings inevitably make mistakes since they are not robots. Typo errors are among the most common mistakes humans make. Delta Airlines is amongst the best-honored aviation brands in the USA and keeps passengers’ comfort first over anything. And that’s why airlines like Delta realize that spelling errors are possible, allowing passengers to make corrections to their names even after booking a flight. So name correction and name change both are different procedures altogether.
In this blog, you will learn how to change name on Delta ticket and the name change policy.
How to Change Name on Delta Ticket – Process
There is no need to worry if you entered your name incorrectly and your flight is booked with Delta Airlines.
Delta Airlines allows customers to change their ticket names to ensure their comfort. Changing the name of a Delta Airlines flight is very simple, and passengers can make changes easily without any hassle. If you are trying to figure out how to change name on Delta ticket, you can proceed by following these steps:
- Firstly, visit Delta Airlines official website.
- Secondly, click on my trips.
- You will redirect to a page where a passenger must enter the information from the booked flight ticket.
- Enter your ticket confirmation number and the first and last name of the passenger.
- Click Next.
- Choose the reservation for which you want to update/change the name.
- Now press Edit.
- There are three steps you can take to change your flight.
- Itinerary details.
- flight details and
- personal information.
- To change/update your name, you can go straight to stage three.
- Now follow the given instructions to change your Delta Airlines ticket name.
- Finally, click Confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the name change at the email address you provided when purchasing the ticket.
- Additionally, check your registered email address for the new ticket with the changed name printed on it.
This is one of the simplest methods to how to change name on Delta ticket that will enable you to do so without any hassle. To change your name with Delta Airlines, you can also get help from customer service.
Delta Airlines Name Change Policy
Passengers should be aware of Delta Airlines’ name change policy if they accidentally enter the wrong name or spelling when booking a flight with them.
- It is the responsibility of each passenger to inform Delta of any name changes.
- If the change is made within 24 hours, Delta Airlines offers a free change to its customers.
- After 24 hours, a passenger will be required to pay some fees to change their name.
- With Delta Airlines, name changes cost anywhere between $75 and $500.
- The fees are determined by the passenger’s ticket type and the remaining travel time.
- Whether it’s a domestic or an international flight affects the changes.
- The cost to change your name is generally $75 but can reach $500.
- Please make sure that the name on your travel-related government-issued photo ID first, middle, and last names matches the name on the ID.
- You must fax, mail, or submit your identity verification online by following the instructions on this page, along with a copy of any supporting legal documentation such as a marriage certificate, court order, or divorce decree.
- Any requests for name changes will also need to include identity verification.
Further details on Delta Airlines Name Change.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations require that the passenger’s name on the boarding pass match the name on their government-issued ID. As a result, you risk being denied boarding if your name does not appear correctly on your ticket. Because of this, it’s important to check that your name is written exactly as it should be on your ticket without any grammatical, spelling, or other errors.
Therefore, be sure to read Delta Airlines name-change policy.
So, now that you know how to change name on delta ticket let’s discuss some FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have up to 24 hours to correct any mistake on any US airline, whether it’s a single letter or the full name. In addition, to know how to change name on delta ticket, read the blog above.
Passengers can change their name in their Delta account by going to the Delta Airlines website. Then, log in and make changes in the profile edit section. You can also contact Delta Airlines customer service for additional information by visiting their customer service page.
Delta does not allow passengers to transfer their tickets to someone else. However, there are some circumstances where you may be eligible for a refund of the unused ticket. Most e-Tickets purchased directly through Delta are refundable.