Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 10:39 am
With the best Amex cards, you can quickly accumulate American Express Membership Rewards points, and the points are simple to redeem. So read this blog and remove all your doubts if you plan to book United flights with Amex points.
How to use Amex points to fly on United Airlines?
American Express works with various airlines and hotels, but if you’re expecting to use your points to book a ticket with United, you may be disheartened at first. United Airlines is not one of the 16 airlines with whom American Express has a direct connection. However, if you’re a United loyalist with many American Express Membership Rewards Points, there’s still hope.
- American Express Membership Rewards points may be transferred to a variety of airlines.
- United Airlines, however, is not one of them. But it doesn’t mean you can’t use your Amex points to fly on United.
- In reality, you may earn points by transferring them to United’s Star Alliance partners, like Singapore Airlines, Air Canada & ANA, and then purchasing a United travel through the partner airline’s website.
- You may frequently get a better deal than if you transferred to United.
Let’s have a look at how we can book united flights with Amex points:
Steps to book a United flight with Air Canada miles
- Log in to your Air Canada Aeroplan account or create one if you don’t already have one; registration is free.
- Select “Redeem Points” under the “Aeroplan” option in the top menu.
- Then, click the sizable “Redeem now” button.
- Ensure you use “Points” rather than “CA $” when entering your travel information.
- Locate and choose the United Airlines flights you like.
- You can use your Amex points on Aeroplan to reserve tickets if you see any flights you’d like to take.
So to book united flights with Amex points becomes easy this way.
Steps to book a United flight with ANA Mileage Club
- Go to the ANA website and login in using your ANA credentials or register for a free account if you don’t already have one; it’s free to join.
- Enter your trip information.
- To view many dates at once, select “Compare Seat Availability +/- 3 Days.”
- After deciding on a date, pick a flight serviced by United Airlines or any other airline.
When you’ve found what you’re looking for, transfer your Amex points to ANA and book your travel!
In addition, ANA no longer imposes high fuel costs, making them an excellent Amex transfer partner. So it becomes easier to Book united flights with Amex points.
Steps to book a United flight with Avianca miles
- Navigate to the LifeMiles website.
- You cannot purchase award flights through the Avianca website; instead, you must go to their loyalty program’s specialized website.
- You don’t have to say anything about using rewards; you’re on the LifeMiles website, so that’s your only option!
- If you wish to book a flight, go to the Avianca website.
- To search, click the blue arrow.
- You may select your trip dates from a calendar, which displays available rewards with a blue dot at a glance.
- If United flies the route, you’re looking for, you’ll find available seats with the coach and business class flights on the results page.
Continue reading this blog on – Book united flights with Amex points.
Steps to book a United flight with Singapore Airlines miles
- You must first log into your Singapore account to look for award flights. So you may as well get it out of the way right away.
- When you are on the PFS Club/KrisFlyer page, right-click the wording and select “Redeem Miles.”
- On the search screen, enter your trip information.
- To search for domestic flights, click “Redeem Flights.”
- Singapore Airlines does not travel within the United States.
- To see flights on partner airlines such as United, go to the Star Alliance page. Otherwise, there will be no available flights.
- Below the flight schedule, you can see who manages the trip.
- Then all you have to do is pay the mileage, and you’re on your way.
- Keep in mind that Amex points are for one-way trips.
So to Book united flights with Amex points becomes easy this way. We hope these steps must have sorted it for you.
You can also use Amex points to book United Airlines Multi City Reservations.
How to transfer Amex points to fly on United Airlines?
To convert your American Express Membership Rewards Points to United Airlines, you must first transfer points from your Membership Rewards account to one of the airlines listed above. However, the procedure is relatively simple. Here’s a short rundown of the steps involved:
- Then click on Membership Rewards, then Use Points.
- When you arrive at the Membership Rewards website, click Go and choose Transfer Points from the Explore Membership Rewards drop-down box.
- The most recent list of American Express travel partners will be shown.
- Select your favorite airline.
- Choose View All Airlines if you do not see the one you want.
- Finally, enter the number of points transferred into the corresponding field.
- Because all transfers are final, it is best to confirm airline availability and point requirements before moving.
So to Book united flights with Amex points becomes easy this way.
Cards can Earn Amex Membership Rewards points
Amex Membership Rewards points may be earned on various cards, including personal and small-business cards. Here are a few:
The Platinum Card from American Express
- Spend $6,000 on the card in the first six months and get 100,000 points.
- The yearly charge is $695.
American Express Gold Card
- 60,000 Amex Membership Rewards points will be awarded after you make $4,000 purchases with your new card over the first six months of membership.
- The yearly charge is $250.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- In the first three months after you join your card, you will earn 120,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases.
- The annual cost of $595 ($695 if the application is submitted on or after January 13, 2022).
Use these cards, earn points and transfer so that you can Book united flights with Amex points becomes easy this way.
To modify your flight bookings, visit United Airlines Manage Booking.
You cannot transfer your Amex rewards to United. However, American Express points may still be used to book flights on United Airlines. One of the best alternatives is to transfer your points to Singapore Airlines, ANA, Air Canada, and Avianca—four additional Star Alliance airlines. Following that, you may purchase a reward seat on United Airlines, a partner airline. So when booking United flights, utilize partner airline points rather than United Airlines miles to get the most out of your benefits!
There is no expiration date for Membership Rewards points. However, points may be forfeited as specified in the Program Terms and Conditions.
No, you cannot transfer American Express points to United. United Airlines is NOT an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner. However, this does not stop you from using your Amex points to buy flights on United. Book united flights with Amex points become easy if you read this blog.
Booking a ticket online is possible up to 330 days before your departure date.