Last updated on October 20th, 2023 at 10:24 am
Are you facing issues in managing your flight ticket with Avianca Airlines? Make modifications to your bookings using the Avianca manage my booking portal.
Therefore, to learn more about how Manage Booking works and the services Avianca provides, thoroughly read the blog below.
How Does Avianca Manage My Booking Works?
- Firstly, you have to access the Avianca Airlines official website on any web browser.
- Then, on the homepage, either log in to your Avianca Airlines My Trips tab or click on the Manage Your Booking tab under the Manage My Booking option.
- Afterward, fill in your personal details, like the passenger’s last name and ticket reservation number.
- Click on the Continue tab.
- Now, a new page will pop on the screen with all your reservations.
- Click on the existing booking to make modifications such as add-on baggage, flight cancel/change, seat selection, and many more.
- Afterward, as per the airline, if your ticket will be eligible to make modifications, complete the process by paying the required charges.
- Finally, you will receive a new e-ticket or a confirmation of your registered email address or contact number.
Services Provided by Avianca Manage My Booking
Every airline in business provides different services to its travelers that they can use under the manage my booking option. However, before adding any extra benefit to your booking, read the amenities mentioned below.
- Flight Change/Cancel.
- Seat Selection.
- Upgrade Seat.
- Request Special Assistance.
- Add Extra Meals and Beverages.
- Additional Baggage.
- Priority Boarding.
- Fly With Your Pet.
- Check Flight Status.
- Online Check-In.
- Request Refund.
- Travel Assistance.
How Does Avianca Manage My Booking Method Help the Customers?
The greatest benefit of the manage booking tool is that passengers can use every service available to them through one section of the website. This makes the amendment and management of their itinerary easier.
So, let’s discuss the terms & conditions of the services available under the Avianca Manage My Booking tool.
Is there a sudden change in your plan? Make desired changes to your flight using the manage my booking portal. The airline has made the process of changing flights hassle-free and easy for its customers. Therefore, before making any changes go through the Flight Change Policy mentioned below.
- Customers traveling with Avianca Airlines can change their flight within 24 hours of making a reservation at no cost.
- Passengers will be levied a small amount of fee if changes are made after the risk-free period.
- The passenger can make changes to the flight the way they have booked the flight like if a passenger has booked a ticket using the airline’s official site, then the modifications will only be done online.
- According to the airline’s policy, if a passenger changes a flight at a higher fare than the original ticket fare, the passenger must pay the difference in fares.
- Passengers can easily modify the itinerary, but after changing the flight, the passenger will lose all the privileges of the original reservation.
- Avianca Airlines entertains the re-selling of the tickets already purchased by the customer.
Did you make an error in your name while making a reservation? Do not fret! Avianca offers its flyers with the name correction and change option. required changes by paying a small amount of fee. Thus, read the Name Change Policies below before making any modifications.
- According to the airline, passenger cannot transfer their ticket to another passenger.
- Passengers can make free corrections or changes within 24 hours of making a reservation.
- Passengers can correct up to 3 letters in their name in case of misspelled error.
- Flyers must complete the name change or correction process 3 hours before the scheduled take-off on an international flight. At the same time, passengers traveling within Colombia have to make any name changes or corrections 2 hours before the scheduled take-off.
- Passengers can alter or change their name only on the unused part of the ticket.
- The airline allows only one-time correction per booking.
- The airline allows its customers to change names under divorce or marriages but at a minimal cost. At the same time, passengers changing names have to submit a legal document authorized by the court.
- Before making changes or corrections to the name, passengers must be aware of the fees that the airline charges are:
|Booking window before departure||Cabin Classes|
|Economy Cabin Class||Business Cabin Class|
|24 hours before departure||$250||$150|
Additional Baggage Allowance
Avianca airline offers a flexible baggage policy for its customers. Therefore, passengers traveling with Avianca can carry one carry-on with a maximum weight of 10kgs and dimensions of 55X35X25cms, including handles and wheels. At the same time, passengers can carry one personal item like a backpack, purse, diaper bag, or laptop bag that should fit under the front seat with a dimension of 45X35X25cms.
The allowance for checked-in baggage depends on the travel class and route of the passenger. But, the dimensions of the baggage should not exceed 158cms. Thus, below are the flights and baggage allowance as per the fare type:
|Cabin Classes||Weight/ No. Of Bags|
|Economy Class||1 bag per passenger & 23kgs|
|Business Class||2 bags per passenger & 32kgs|
|Super Promo||1 bag per passenger & 23kgs|
|Economy Flexi Fare||2 bags per passenger & 23kgs|
|Super Promo Fare||2 bags per passenger & 23kgs|
Do you want to cancel your flight instead of making changes to the reservation? Avianca offers easy cancelations to its passengers. Therefore, before making any cancelations, read the Flight Cancelation Policies below.
- Avianca Airlines offers free cancelation within 24 hours of booking.
- Passenger has to bear the cancelation charges if the cancelation is made after the risk-free period.
- In case you cancel the flight after the departure, then the airline will not provide you with any refunds.
- To get a full refund, passengers should have made the booking at least 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- To claim a refund, a passenger needs to pay a portion of the ticket as a cancelation charge.
- As per the airline, passengers who cannot board the flight have to pay the cost of the whole ticket as cancelation charges.
- The airline will not charge you any cancelation charges if the airline cancels your reservation.
- Passenger has to pay the whole amount of the ticket as cancelation charges if cancelation is made 30 min before the scheduled departure.
What Is the Flight Cancelation Fee?
- The airline will not charge you any cancelation fees if the passenger has made the reservation at least 7 days before the scheduled departure and gets canceled within 24 hours of reservation.
- Passengers traveling with an international ticket will be levied the cancelation charge of $600 per flight and per passenger.
- Passengers traveling with nonemergency tickets can cancel the tickets on the day of departure by paying additional charges depending on the destination and fare type.
- If a passenger cancels after 24 hours of booking, then the airline will charge almost 80% of the ticket fare as a cancelation charge.
- Reservations that are made through a third-party agent in case they get canceled, then the airline will charge the full fare as the cancelation charges.
Customers flying with Avianca Airlines can raise a refund request using the Avianca manage my booking portal. The airline offers refunds to its passengers under a few terms and conditions. Therefore, read the Refund Policies mentioned below to learn more about the refund.
- The airline offers refunds to passengers who make reservations using the airline’s official site via customer support.
- Customers with a ticket via a third party are not eligible to request a cancelation. Therefore, the ticket amount will be charged as the cancelation fee.
- The airline will charge a cancelation fee for your ticket if you make cancelations after the risk-free window is over.
- Passengers are not eligible for any refund if cancelation is made within the same hour of the scheduled departure.
- Passengers cannot request a refund on promotional tickets.
How to Use Avianca Manage My Booking to Avail These Services?
Now that we know the guidelines that dictate the functioning of these services, let’s discuss how to utilize some basic services available in this section.
How To Upgrade Seat Through Avianca Manage My Booking?
- Sign in to your Avianca Airlines ‘My Trips’ account.
- Tap on the right corner of the screen on your name.
- Search for the Avianca Airlines official site on any web browser.
- Click on the three lines present on the right corner of the screen.
- Click on the select seat for seat selection, and for upgradation, click on the upgrade to business class.
- Enter your personal details, like your reservation code and last name.
- Tap on the I want an upgrade.
- Now, the seat map will appear on your screen.
- Select the seat you want to upgrade to.
- Make the payment to complete the upgrade process.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation on your registered email address.
How To Manage Your Affected Flight Via Avianca Manage My Booking?
- Search for the Avianca Airlines official website on any web browser.
- Then, on the home screen, go to the booking management under manage my booking.
- Tap on the ‘Manage Your Affected Flight.’
- To retrieve your booking enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Click on the continue.
- Now, the itinerary will appear on the screen.
- Select from your existing flight and make the desired changes.
- Make the payment if required.
- In the end, you will receive the confirmation on your registered email address.
What Is the Procedure to Check-In Via Avianca Manage My Booking?
- Firstly, open Avianca’s official site on any web browser.
- Once the site gets opened, look for the manage my booking portal.
- Then, click on the check and change the flight option.
- Enter your reservation number and passenger’s last name and click on the search button.
- Now, your existing booking will appear on the screen.
- Enter your personal credentials to complete the check-in process.
- Make the payment if required.
- At last, you will receive the boarding pass on your registered contact number or email address.
Passengers flying with Avianca can pick their seats while making a reservation, and after making the reservation using the Avianca manage my booking.
Meanwhile, passengers can select their seats while making an online check-in which opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
Passengers can add priority boarding to their booking after using the manage booking option. First, the passenger has to retrieve his current booking by entering the details on Avianca’s manage booking feature.
Afterward, select the priority boarding option and make the payment using the credit/debit cards or Lifemiles if required. Lastly, after completing the process, you will receive a confirmation on your registered email address.
As mentioned above, you can check in on Avianca airlines in multiple ways, such as using the airline’s official site, under customer assistance, and at the ticket counter.