Last updated on October 21st, 2023 at 04:56 am
You may occasionally face a flight delay regarding your travel plans with Alaska Airlines. However, at times, it’s no longer possible to travel due to time constraints & the nature of your travel. Thus, the airline offers you – Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation to ensure you’re reimbursed for your trouble.
Weather changes and pilot shortages are the two leading causes of flight delays. But, regardless of the cause, this policy might help you rebook the subsequent flights if you miss your initial one. In this blog, you will learn how to get Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation, and the rules for it, if you do not want compensation, you can cancel the flight and get a refund.
How To Get Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation?
Passengers can ask for their Alaska Flight Delay Compensation through the website anytime. To receive compensation, you can log in to your account on the site of Alaska. Then, you can provide your details.
Online Delay Compensation
- First, open your browser and search for alaskaair.com.
- Then, log in to your account. Provide all the credentials like your surname and reservation code.
- Afterward, locate the manage booking option on its homepage.
- Next, select the flight that got delayed because of the airline’s fault.
- Now, look for a compensation option on your screen and tap it after finding it.
- Next, you must follow the given instructions presented on your screen.
You can wait a while before requesting the airline compensation for your delayed flight. Alaska will credit your compensation in a few business days.
Delay Compensation Over Phone
- The flyers must call the airline’s helpdesk to begin the offline call process for compensation. You can visit the airline’s “Contact Us” website to get the number.
- You must dial the phone number listed on the webpage.
- Listen to the IVR instructions after you call.
- You must provide your ticket details when you connect to Alaska Live help.
- Lastly, ask the assistant to submit a claim for Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation on your behalf.
Delay Compensation Request At the Airport
- While waiting to board a flight, the airline will inform the passengers of delays at the airport.
- A traveler can make their claim immediately by going to the customer service desk at the airport.
- You can contact the agent in person & ask for a reimbursement for the flight delay.
- Then, wait for the agent to give you a response regarding the confirmation of your Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation and how they will help you.
Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation – EC261 Rules
You may be allowed to adhere to EC 261 regulations when your plane arrives or departs at/from a European airport. According to Alaska Airlines’ policy on flight delays, you may be able to collect your compensation in the following situations:
- Arriving at the destination after the trip has taken over 3 hours.
- Get to the airport in time for your flight.
- Getting to the airport with much less than 45 minutes to spare before departure.
- Determining whether the airline is to blame for the delayed trip.
- These problems occurred on a journey that was less than three years ago.
Alaska Airlines Flight Compensation and Passengers’ Rights
Despite not being a European airline, Alaska Airlines always complies with European legislation when leaving a European airport. This means that EC 261, one of the world’s most comprehensive aviation passenger rights legislation, protects Alaska Airlines travelers from a European airport.
As long as Alaska Airlines is at fault, passengers have the right to request compensation for a flight delay, an Alaska Airlines cancellation, or an overbooking.
Unfortunately, the same rules do not cover opposite-direction flights. If the leaving airport is outside of the EU, EC 261 does not apply to Alaska Airlines customers who arrive in the EU. You must confirm which other air travelers’ rights are applicable for these journeys.
Reasons for Alaska Airlines Flight Delays
You must ascertain the cause of your delay before trying to resolve your delayed flight and whether you are eligible for compensation from Alaska Air.
You would not be eligible for any type of compensation if the airline delays your flight due to an issue with air traffic control, bad weather, or any exceptional situation. Alaska Air has no control over delays brought on by problems, such as hazardous flying weather, and is therefore not responsible.
However, you might be entitled to compensation if the airline is to blame for the delay, such as staffing issues.
Your flight must arrive later than three hours to get compensation for the delay. If Alaska Airlines delays your flight by less than 3 hours, you are not eligible for compensation.
What To Do If You Are Eligible For Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation
You believe you are eligible for compensation because the airline significantly delayed your flight, and Alaska Air was at fault for the delay.
You must contact customer service to learn how much Alaska Air will reimburse you for your delay.
The Alaska website contains the contact information. Go to the homepage of the website & scroll to the link until you see the heading “Customer Service.” Select the “Help Center” link from the “Customer Service” menu. You can choose the relevant phone number on the ‘Help Center page.
What To Do If You Are NOT Eligible For Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation
You must find the Alaska airport agent if the airline slightly delays your flight and you are now at the airport or if the cause for your delay is beyond the airline’s control. The airport officials will update your flight’s scheduled departure time.
You can phone Alaska Air’s customer service team for an update on your flight if you haven’t yet arrived at the airport but know your flight is late. On the official website, you can locate Alaska Air’s contact information.
Alaska Refund Policy
When flights are delayed, travelers have the choice of canceling their tickets. You are eligible to get Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation or/and a Refund when you do this. However, in this case, they must adhere to specific guidelines to receive a return. Here are these guidelines:
- The flyer is eligible for a total return under the refund policy when the airline cancels the ticket due to the delay within one day of the booking.
- Once you’ve reversed a refundable ticket, you can claim a full refund.
- The traveler must purchase a ticket from the website to qualify for Alaska flight delay compensation.
- When made through customer service, they are also eligible for compensation.
- Per the Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation policy, Your flight ticket can only be valid for a year from the issue date.
Baggage delay reimbursement by Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines is responsible for your baggage delay when it has not arrived on time, despite the best efforts of the airline. If your baggage is lost or delayed, you need to report it on file. Before claiming the Alaska delayed baggage compensation or reimbursement, it is important to keep all your documents at hand.
Related: Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
Yes, Alaska reimburses the customers for flight delays. As long as Alaska Airlines is at fault, passengers have the right to request compensation for a flight delay.
You have the option of submitting an offline or online claim for reimbursement. You must go to Aairlines’ official website to choose the online mode. To receive compensation, you must enter your basic flight information per Alaska Airlines’ delayed-flight policy. Wait for the carrier to confirm the refund for your flight delay once you have provided all the necessary information.
For domestic routes, it is 3 hours, and for international routes, it is a 4-hour rule. It means they must get passengers to the airport gate before 3-4 hours.
If the airline delays your flight by 2 hours or more, the airline must offer your refreshments and beverages or a food voucher. So, you can credit their voucher at the airport’s restaurant or food court.
You can do the following things if the airline delays your flight:
- First, be calm and have a positive attitude when talking with airline agents.
- Go through your passengers’ flight disruptions rights.
- Speak to the airlines’ agents.
- Cancel your ticket and get a refund for the same.