Last updated on December 5th, 2023 at 09:29 am
Have you made a reservation with Air France and you weren’t able to get a seat of your choice? Do not fret! Air France Seat Selection is possible by paying a small amount of fee.
So, if you want to know more about the Air France Seat Selection then read the given blog carefully.
What Are The Different Methods For Air France seat Selection?
Nowadays seat selection is an important part of traveling. Everyone wants to travel by having a comfortable seat. Therefore, Air France offers its customers various procedures for seat selection.
However, to learn more about the process follow the steps given below:
Air France Seat Selection While Making A New Reservation
- Firstly, you have to search for the Air France official website.
- Then, on the home screen click on the ‘Book Flight’ option.
- Now, enter the details such as departing from, arriving at, date, type of trip, number of passengers, and cabin class.
- Click on the search flight option.
- Now, from the given class select your desired type of ticket.
- Then, press on the continue tab.
- Afterward, fill in the passenger’s detail such as title, first and last name.
- Press Continue.
- Then, fill in the passenger’s contact details and again press continue.
- Now, click on the seats option to select the seat of your choice.
- A seat map will appear on the screen.
- Select your seat from the available options and press continue.
- Make payment using net banking or credit card.
- At last, you will receive the confirmation on your provided contact details or email address.
Seat Selection Via Manage Booking Feature
- Firstly, search for Air France on any web browser.
- Then, on the homepage, search for the ‘My Bookings’ option.
- Click on the tab.
- Fill in your personal details such as your last name, and booking reference ID.
- Click on the ‘Search’ option to get access to your booking itinerary.
- Now, You will get your booking itinerary on the new screen.
- Select the flight on which you want to select the seat.
- Afterward, click on the seat option.
- Then, a seat map will appear on the screen.
- Now, you can select a seat according to your preference.
- Make payment through net banking or credit card.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation of your new e-ticket on your provided contact details or email address.
Seat Selection While Online Check-In
- Firstly, visit the official site of Air France.
- Then, search for the ‘Check-in’ option.
- Click on the tab.
- Afterward, enter your personal details such as your ticket number/ flight number, and your last name.
- Click on the Check-in tab.
- Now, click on your existing flight.
- Click on the seat option and the seat map will appear on the screen.
- Choose your desired seat.
- Make the payment using net banking or a credit card.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation on your provided contact details.
What Are The Different Features For Air France Cabin Classes?
Air France provides multiple features for its flyers to select a seat according to their comfort and preference. Therefore, given below are the features you should know before making a seat selection on Air France.
|Economy||Premium Economy||Business||First/ La Premiere|
|Free seat selection with advance check-in|
Basic pillow, blanket, and towel
Complimentary food and drinks.
|Priority Check-in and baggage facility|
Seats with 40% more extra space than the economy
Fleece blanket and pillow
Complimentary travel care kit
Business class food menu
Excess to business lounges
A flatbed of 6.5inches
Exclusive food menu by Michelin chef
|Private chauffeur service|
Award-winning travel kit with ear plugs and an eye mask
Gourmet food menu
Cotton bathrobe, towels, and slippers
Air France Seat Selection Policy
- Air France allows its customers to select seats for free of cost within 24 hours of booking.
- Customers who book their tickets within business or La premiere cabin class can select their seats for free.
- Select seats within the economy or premium economy cabin class while making an online check-in 30 hours before the scheduled departure.
- If a passenger is traveling with family and a child of 14 years or younger. In that case, Air France will book the flight tickets 2 days before the scheduled departure at no cost.
- In case a family is traveling with an infant of age 2 years or under are not allowed to select the paid seats within the premium and advanced seats.
- As per Air France, children who are traveling alone are eligible to select a seat for free of cost while making a booking or after through the manage booking feature.
- Air France offers its flyers free of cost standard seat selection in economy cabin class. At the same time, it offers the same for premium seat selection in the Premium economy class.
- Passengers can select their standard seats at no cost if traveling from France or Netherlands to the United States, between France & Papette, Mexico, and Canada.
As per Air France, passengers can select their seats during online check-in 30 hours before the scheduled departure at no cost.
As noted, on the official site there are no charges for Air France seat selection but on the other hand, it is simply common that most airlines generally charge a fee of approximately 10-20% of the total fare.
After booking also, Air France offers seat selection via the manage booking feature or through online check-in 30 hours before the scheduled departure.